getting my windows done on thursday, not sure hoe dark to go,

anysuggestions

oh its a black MCS

Eggy7496
22nd March 2005, 08:38 PM
meduim charcoal, thats what i have chief, done by tint haus

The Dogfather
22nd March 2005, 08:38 PM
As it's Black you could go very dark. Nenah's mota has pretty dark tints and looks v.good!

Gismo
22nd March 2005, 08:42 PM
Whatever shade you go for, make sure it's legal, as the police will eventually stop you and make you remove it :(

Natalie
22nd March 2005, 08:55 PM
Yeah true they will stop you and make you remove it there and then or within 10 working days!! I think you are allowed to have 35% which aint very dark at all!! But then if you wanna go darker you have that risk of being stopped!! Hmmmmm very annoying!!

davesminis
22nd March 2005, 09:17 PM
Where are you getting your tinits done. I am dbating over whether to get mine done.

dave

duncan
22nd March 2005, 09:18 PM
Remember the windows are tinted to a very low percentage (5%?) from the factory.

sleepyrascal
22nd March 2005, 09:46 PM
quote:I think you are allowed to have 35% which aint very dark at all!!

"The Tintman device measures the amount of light transmitted into a vehicle and records the opacity of the glass. Windscreens on vehicles first used before April 1985 must let in 70 percent of light to stay legal. That figure rises to 75 percent for vehicles issued after that date".

This means you are allowed to have only 25% tint. I have 35% all round (obvioulsly not the windscreen) and have never been stopped or checked, probably because the difference is minimal between the two. DONT BE DAFT and get your windows REALLY dark because thats asking for trouble and is easy pickings for a traffic cop looking for business!!! :disapprove:

Gismo
22nd March 2005, 10:15 PM
My car has a 25 per cent tint and is just right, looks tinted and is legal, any more would get you on pimp my ride :p;)

The Dogfather
22nd March 2005, 10:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

My car has a 25 per cent tint and is just right, looks tinted and is legal, any more would get you on pimp my ride :p;)

Which given KH's boule bashing reputation it's probably what he's after;):blackeye:

Natalie
22nd March 2005, 10:53 PM
LOL!! :D

Julz
23rd March 2005, 12:37 AM
Word of warning though, if your car is in JC's and someone, somehow manages to put the window out of alignment (ie by leaning on it) they won't fix it cause the warranty is void due to the windows being tinted, even though they put it out of alignment, therefore, you're left with a very noisy car, if you ever get your car back that is!! Sorry, another grump, I know!!:disapprove::(

X30YES
23rd March 2005, 06:33 AM
As BS said 25% is enough and it sure will be on a black car ...see my webshots album Hyperblue etc and see 25% tints if it helps

KINGHORN
23rd March 2005, 08:08 AM
think im gonna get a light charcoal on the front two and a medium charcoal on the back 3. im getting them done by the bloke who used to work at tint haus did my fiesta 3 years ago and was very impressed and is only 5 quid more expensive than a seriously discounted quote from tint haus lol

KINGHORN
25th March 2005, 04:22 AM
got them done today, very pleased, will have to get pics up