PDA

View Full Version : Induction kit - cleaning?

mgemie
22nd March 2005, 05:51 PM
I've had my PK222 almost a year now and just recently i've noticed that it doesnt seem as loud as normal... i seem to remember sometime a while back about induction kits needing cleaning, is this true? If yes, then what's the best way of going about it?

GAJ
22nd March 2005, 06:05 PM
Pipercross sell a cleaning kit which comes with instructions.

MartinSullivan
22nd March 2005, 06:06 PM
How many miles have you done on it - they usually quote something like 20,000 to 30,000 miles between cleans.

mgemie
22nd March 2005, 07:13 PM
i've done prehaps 12,000 miles on it, however, it was on a mates mini before that (not sure of miles). Maybe i should just clean it since it's roar isn't as mighty as it used to be lol!

mgemie
22nd March 2005, 07:46 PM
has anyone else on here had to clean their PK222 (this only applys to those who have once obvisously!! lol)? I have the small bottle of dirt retention stuff - whats the basic how-do of cleaning these things? Wash'n'soak in sink?? lol!!

MartinSullivan
22nd March 2005, 08:03 PM
Bottom of this page (http://www.dy-tek.com/modifications/air_filters/performance_air_filters.htm) - full Pipercross cleaning kit

Moonshine
22nd March 2005, 09:33 PM
i used hot soapy water and nylon brush in the kitchen sink.....

Shhhhh! dont tell ellie!!!
then resprayed it with oil

Gerry

Wul
22nd March 2005, 09:38 PM
yup - that was gonna be my suggestion too - the inst on the cleaning kit are spray with cleaner, rinse under running water and leave to dry then re-apply the retention stuff - the cleaner will just be a spray de-greaser which soapy water would do too.