PDA

View Full Version : Roof Bars

gcampbell
8th July 2003, 03:55 AM
Anybody got any reports on the Mont Blanc roof bars?

Need to lug 2 mtbs around and don't want to damage my cooper! Also don't want holes drilled.

Found the mont blanc info on www.skidrive.co.uk

What about any dealers for saris bones rack.... on mini2.com forum.
It's a boot mounted one but looks good!

Linda M
8th July 2003, 05:53 AM
Welcome Graeme :) I had the Mont Blanc bike rack on my jeep and it was very good. Don't have it on my MINI though, so can't help you there. I don't think I've seen a MINI in Scotland with a bike rack....yet !!!!

john
8th July 2003, 06:10 AM
I have seen the Paddy Hopkirk one it looks cool

Julz
8th July 2003, 04:10 PM
I was looking at getting the new mini bike rack, it's in the new accessories book (Linda, keep away!!!), it's rather nifty cause it lifts your bike onto the roof, and runour had it that you don't have to drill the car, but I can find out tomorrow if you want, cause I'm back at John Clarks to collect some toys!! (to cheer BabyB up, she's not getting 'sorted' for a few weeks now cause the JC body shop is scared of her!!:()

macblob
8th July 2003, 04:50 PM
That sounds cool Julz, any chance of getting a price on it too :D

And one more ?, how many bikes does it hold

Thanks

Brian

Julz
8th July 2003, 04:57 PM
Will do, I've got a funny feeling that it holds around four bikes! I'll try and remember to scan the pic out the brochure for you!;)

Linda M
9th July 2003, 12:12 AM
That bike rack sounds neat Julz :cool: I'm addicted to watching the Tour De France every year :D My poor bike needs to get out more though :clown: Hey, will BabyB have her new make over for Cullen :question:

Julz
9th July 2003, 12:16 AM
Afraid not Linda, the John Clarks body shop had a last minute panic so I've taken the work to a recommended body shop, but the guy can't take BabyB in for a few weeks yet! She does have her new shoes, window tints and sits a wee bit lower though!!:p

Monsta Mo Mini
9th July 2003, 10:40 PM
Hi Graeme - I've been looking at that system aswell. There's a guy down on Bonnington Road actually got it and looks quite a tidy piece of kit. The Skidrive price is the best I've found aswell. Most seem to be charging £150+ for it! I'll probably be ordering in the next week or so. I'm just trying to source a white roofbox....

Julz
9th July 2003, 11:16 PM
The roof bars in the mini accessories brochure require drilling of the roof which is also apparently a 6 hour job!!:eek: So calum, what's this Skidrive thingy then??:)

gcampbell
10th July 2003, 01:59 AM
Cheers Monsta...

may well drive along Bonnington Rd for a nosey... Looks like I may well be ordering soon too... No feedback re: Saris Bones rear carrier but don't fance scratching the rear end trying to fit it!

Anyone had any minor repair work done at Eastern? Somer bugger has put a 6" scratch thru' the paint...:evil:

Not a happy bunny!

Monsta Mo Mini
10th July 2003, 04:10 AM
Hope that scratch didn't happen outside the flat!! :eek: I know Dunedin have a very good repair centre. I think Shaz put his down to Eastern to get his paintwork fixed under warranty.

gcampbell
10th July 2003, 05:41 AM
Here's the Mont Blanc system.... £120 from their site would appear to be the best price going...

http://www.skidrive.co.uk/images/catalogue/bars/newmini1.jpg

http://www.skidrive.co.uk/images/catalogue/bars/newmini2.jpg