PDA

View Full Version : Crail

Bumble Bee
22nd March 2005, 07:38 AM
Hi just wanted to ask if anyone goes to crail:question: Took ma cooper s up to see what times I could get. Ma fastest run was 15.701 sec. Which I thought was okay for standard cooper s. Got blown away by a very very fast sierra cossie a wee tad humilating :I having to go up against it but did ma best :):D

Mini Me
22nd March 2005, 07:48 AM
our bodyshop manager's got a wee nova with a 20ltr 16v engine:eek:, and it wiped the floor wi my old S Works:mad:...........nae kiddin.:disapprove::dead:

Bumble Bee
22nd March 2005, 07:56 AM
Wot a bummer, seen a few fast cars up there this weekend, my most embarrassing run would have to be when the 106 gti blew me off the track:I:eek: yes a 106 gti :) was totally gutted, smug little devil just grinned smuggly :disapprove::(:dead: which I wasnt too impressed with. But hey it was still good fun:D:D. Think there was a porche meet on and boy they were doing fast runs 12.80 secs if a mind rightly:approve::D

X30YES
22nd March 2005, 08:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

our bodyshop manager's got a wee nova with a 20ltr 16v engine:eek:, and it wiped the floor wi my old S Works:mad:...........nae kiddin.:disapprove::dead:
Nowt to do with the driver was it :question::p

davesminis
22nd March 2005, 09:24 PM
I used to live in Crail and my mum and dad still do. I used to be there a lot. I went to a classic mini day there once, it was really good.

Wouldnt take my baby up the strip though!

Dave

sleepyrascal
22nd March 2005, 09:48 PM
quote:manager's got a wee nova with a 20ltr 16v engine:eek:

a twenty litre nova. impressive!

Bumble Bee
23rd March 2005, 06:24 AM
Not keen on running car up quarter mile too much either but being new to the mini experience wanted to compare ma cooper s to my old car which was a clio 182. Was pleasantly surprised wi times for a standard car. Bonus that it was only a tiny bit slower than the clio which run the quarter mile at 15.60 secs with an upgraded air filter. Only .20 secs difference:D:approve: Love watching quarter mile, should be some right beasts at next crail its the banzai special :D:D:Dplenty horse power that weekend:cool:

sleepyrascal
23rd March 2005, 07:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bumble Bee

Not keen on running car up quarter mile too much either but being new to the mini experience wanted to compare ma cooper s to my old car which was a clio 182. Was pleasantly surprised wi times for a standard car. Bonus that it was only a tiny bit slower than the clio which run the quarter mile at 15.60 secs with an upgraded air filter. Only .20 secs difference:D:approve: Love watching quarter mile, should be some right beasts at next crail its the banzai special :D:D:Dplenty horse power that weekend:cool:

When is that?

Bumble Bee
23rd March 2005, 07:24 AM
Hi the meets called "JAP ATTACK With BANZAI @ CRAIL" Being held on Sunday 3rd April. Should be a good one:D:):D:):D:p, plenty powerful beasties:approve:. Any one planning to go up to this event.

sleepyrascal
23rd March 2005, 07:54 AM
possibly me..

Bumble Bee
25th March 2005, 05:18 AM
Hey Ewan let me know if your going up to crail so I know to look out for you to say hello. You cant miss me, yellow cooper s being driven sheepishly :D:D;):):)

sleepyrascal
25th March 2005, 07:36 AM
sheepishly?? ill be the one doing 130mph with the trail of police volvos behind:D:D

ill let you know if im going.

minidriver#1
25th March 2005, 09:53 AM
i'll probably be at the Banzai event on the 3rd.

Bumble Bee
25th March 2005, 06:39 PM
Volvos?? dont you mean the under cover v6 vectra's or even their 3 series BMW that will be following your trail:D:D:cool:;)or should I say eating your dust:evil:. KJ let me know if your going up to crail and will keep eyes peeled, be nice to meet some of the NMS members :D:approve:.

OH:eek: meant to say the 106 GTI that crossed the line before me @ crail. Actually did a slower time than me all because my reaction time was slow, rubbish, pathetic, crap, useless & Kack :I:D