PDA

View Full Version : The Argyll and Bute Circle - Sun Aug 14th

Craig
21st March 2005, 03:37 AM
Download Run Directions here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/The Argyle & Bute Circle Run.pdf)

RUN IS THIS SUNDAY!! - MEET CALLANDER AT 09:00HRS

After being on soooo many great runs, I have finally decided to organise one. The date is Sun Aug 14th

The start point will be Callander, leave heading north up the A84, through Lochearnhead and Glen Ogle to Crianlarich, then onto Tyndrum (most people will know of the Green Wellie Stop). Carry on up the A82 through the beautiful Glen Coe to Ballachulish Bridge, then down to Connel to Oban. We then come back north from Oban to Connel through Lochawe, go round the bottom of Loch Awe and go down it's east side to Inverary. Turn Left in Inverary and head over to Arrochar, then across to Tarbert and finally down the west side of Loch Lomond to a Finish in Balloch.

I have still to recce this route and check mileage, but if you could please note your interest and I will update with more info as I have it. As you may notice if you look at a map, these are mostly A roads, but the scenery is FABULOUS and it is some of the most beautiful country I have seen.

Craig

Update 29/3 - thought for lunch is to have a BBQ (with disposables) somewhere on the run - will check this out on the recce. People could just take a packed lunch, but if the weather is OK, I think this would be fun.

Update 30/05 - I haven't forgotten about this:D. Doing the recce in 3 weeks time and will have more info by then. Been a bit busy with other things. More info as I have it.;)

Update 19/06 - Recce now complete and there should be no problems with the route. See more details on Page 2. Thanks to MarkyC for being co-pilot ;)

Update 31/7 - Convoy now organised for leaving Stirling Services for anyone interested. Leaving MOTO Services at 08:30hrs to give enough time to get up to Callander and sell those raffle tickets for Charity;):D

--------------
1. Craig & Jude (Stirling)
2. Scottiecoop (Stirling)
3. John
4. Nenah
5. GAJ & Heather
6. BDM
7. Roadrunner
8. Neil & Lorna
9. Hogg88
10. Crombers
11. MarkyC (Stirling)
12. Duncan S and Helen
13. Phantom (hopefully)
14. Jeff
15. AndyP & Lenore
16. Elfman (Stirling)
17. Sheilz
18. Kinghorn (maybe)
19. Lesley12
20. Indigomatt
21. Gill, Ewan and Jamie (Virgins...;))
22. AerokitScott69 (maybe)
23. Dundonian and MINIRocker
24. Hogg88
25. Hyperflick

Scottie
21st March 2005, 04:20 AM
can I come:D

john
21st March 2005, 04:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

ask your doctor:D

Put my name on the list and Nenah too:)

GAJ
21st March 2005, 06:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

...proposed date is Sun Aug 14th (someone please let me know if this clashes with something else...)

Sounds like a good run; put Heather and I down as definite maybes! Remember you can check whether a date clashes with another NMS event on the NMS events page. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/events.html):)

Craig
21st March 2005, 06:55 AM

'course you can - bring archie so I can feed him more chocolate.:evil:

Craig
21st March 2005, 06:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

...proposed date is Sun Aug 14th (someone please let me know if this clashes with something else...)

Sounds like a good run; put Heather and I down as definite maybes! Remember you can check whether a date clashes with another NMS event on the NMS events page. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/events.html):)

Thanks GAJ, I had checked it and also the MiniClan calendar, but I couldn't cover all other things, like MINI2 events, Caledonian Mini Club etc. Just wanted to make sure I had some pals to go on the run with :D

GAJ
21st March 2005, 06:58 AM
You'll see your run is now on it!

The Dogfather
21st March 2005, 07:56 AM
Me please Craig!

I agree about the scenery drove through the area and up to Torridon, promise myself I'd pop back.....

roadrunner
21st March 2005, 08:18 AM
Great route, look forward to it.

Neil and Lorna
21st March 2005, 07:48 PM
Hi Craig

Thats a big yes from Lorna and myself.

Up that way last year the roads around there are fandabydozy.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cheers Neil and Lorna.

hogg88
21st March 2005, 08:37 PM
Can you put me down for this run, Drove that route about 2 years ago, but not in a mini. Can't wait, good choice of route.
Only problem i can see is finding free parking in Oban if were stopping there, i'm going there at end of April and can check it out if you want.

Crombers
21st March 2005, 09:53 PM
I,ll even come back ma hols a day early for this one. Add me to ra list please :D. Cracking route sir :approve: often go for a spin up A82 way so if you want / need a hand with the recce , just say :)

Duncan Stewart
22nd March 2005, 01:52 AM
Great route Craig - put Helen and I down for it.
The date does clash with the Scottish Mini show (organised by Caledonian Mini club) at Perth but suits us fine. We had planned to just do the Saturday at the show so are free on Sunday.

Craig
22nd March 2005, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by hogg88

Can you put me down for this run, Drove that route about 2 years ago, but not in a mini. Can't wait, good choice of route.
Only problem i can see is finding free parking in Oban if were stopping there, i'm going there at end of April and can check it out if you want.

Thanks - that would be good, thought about that as a possible problem, but need to have a better look during my recce.

Craig

phantom
22nd March 2005, 05:05 AM
Put me down as a hopefull :D

Jeff
22nd March 2005, 05:18 AM
Oh go on then add me too, love Argyll and Bute and get to visit often with some work with the council!!!!

davesminis
22nd March 2005, 05:51 AM
I wish i could come but I will be at the Scottish Mini weekend. Hope you guys have fun!!!

Good choice of route btw.

Dave

AndyP & Lenore
23rd March 2005, 10:07 PM
Hi Craig

Can you put us down as a maybe.

Cheers

AndyP and Lenore

ELFMAN
29th March 2005, 01:51 AM
Craig, please put me down as a "possible" on this one. Due to work, I've just changed my holidays (had to pull out of Andy's Border Run due to this), so I'll probably be OK for this one now. It's a great route, and hopefully the weather will be fine.

Scottie
29th March 2005, 06:16 AM
ah Balloch home via Gartocharn so that means a stop over at the Hungry Munk yummy.:p;)

Craig
30th March 2005, 05:14 AM

ah Balloch home via Gartocharn so that means a stop over at the Hungry Munk yummy.:p;)

Funny Jude and I had that very same thought....:approve:

Scottie
30th March 2005, 05:31 AM

so is that a date then;):p

Craig
30th March 2005, 05:35 AM

so is that a date then;):p

why not! - the "outlaw" got to go there the other week for lunch, so I think i deserve some good food. It will be a long day after all.

Crombers
31st March 2005, 02:18 AM
Remember to book (01389 830448) in advance peeps , the Hungry Monk can get busy on a Sunday :p

Scottie
31st March 2005, 05:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Remember to book (01389 830448) in advance peeps , the Hungry Monk can get busy on a Sunday :p

so you wanting join us for some yummy food:p:D

Crombers
31st March 2005, 09:43 PM
Awwwww thanks for the invite Fiona but I,ll sit on the fence for now & advise nearer the time. Reason being I,m coming back from a week down south (in ma MINI) a day eary in order to go on the run & I might just have a few odds & sods to attend to on the Sunday after the run before work :dead: the next day.

Sheilz
14th May 2005, 04:49 AM
Could I be added to the list too? Used to live on the west coast but haven't been there for many years. Would love to visit Arrochar etc again. Cheers/
:D:D:D

KINGHORN
14th May 2005, 06:07 AM
sounds like a good one put me down as a possible

Craig
20th June 2005, 02:15 AM
Well people just back from the recce of the route and it was fantastic.:D:D The roads were very quiet and the road surface was amazing (much better quality than round Stirling!:() It should be a fantastic day out

The total distance from Callander to Balloch is 180 miles. We saw five mini's en-route, but none if them waved back:eek::eek::blackeye::blackeye::(. Had to restrain MarkyC at the next stop as he was going to have words....;)

There will be plenty stops and it looks like (barring any changes to council policy) that we will be able to stop in Oban for lunch (parking F.O.C.). There is a separate option of stopping at a beach before Oban for a BBQ on it, but that is obviously weather dependant and very much a last minute thing. Your thoughts on that would be appreciated.

I have hopefully posted some pics below of the magnificent scenery.

Hope to see you on this run - it should be a corker;)

Craig
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/photo1.JPG
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/photo2.JPG
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/photo3.JPG
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/photo4.JPG
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/photo5.JPG

Duncan Stewart
20th June 2005, 03:15 AM
Lunch in Oban is fine for us but a beach stop OK too but who can predict the weather? not weather men, thats for sure ;):D
Route looks fab :D, great work!

ELFMAN
29th June 2005, 06:00 AM
Nice photos Craig, I'm still up for this one. It'll give the car a good run before I go off to Mull for a week on the 27th.

phantom
20th July 2005, 01:30 AM
Sorry Craig I'm going to be in Sheffield that weekend so will have to pull out of this one. :(

Scottie
24th July 2005, 08:30 AM
not long now the route looks good. see what you've started Craig Allan is sending me out on Monday to get a super soaker giant water pistol:blackeye::p

N12 JLK
24th July 2005, 08:33 PM
yes Jason and Lesley will be going now, please add us to the list . cheers for the shark grills Craig they look cool , Les likes them:cool::cool::cool:

indigomatt
27th July 2005, 06:25 PM
Yes, I'll be there :D Callander's a good fun run, just over the Campsie's... What time:question:

Yipeee :D looking at the route, it goes past 'the cottage' on the edge of Rannoch Moor.

I would say we could all stop in for tea ;) but my supplies of coal have dwindled & it'll take a while to chop logs :( there's no electricity (long live gas lighting :cool:), it's also down a very bumpy track road then a further mile'ish walk up hill and the water system would need a while to fill from the stream :dead: just an idea or someone could bring a flask :approve:

Anyway should be good, epically as we go past Jimmy Savile house as well :p it's the white cottage at Glen Coe looking up at the Hidden Valley. He's got an ample supply of cut logs in his garden, maybe he could 'fix it' so we could stop their for tea:question:

I'll cut short my rambling :p and see you's soon :cool:

O, what's everyone doing for lunch, are we booking en-mass or is it the beach:question:

Bye, Matthew.

Craig
27th July 2005, 10:38 PM
welcome on board matt. Lunch is going to be eating in Oban. Each to their own really, go into a pub, take a packed lunch (or have a bbq in a cemetry car park - don't ask, eh markyc??;)) It can get a bit difficult trying to get everyone into some place that suits everyone. Some people don't even eat meat!!!:eek:;):blackeye:

gill
27th July 2005, 10:53 PM
Hi there, can you put my name, plus my hubby and lad down. (Gill, Ewan & Jamie). Hope to meet you all for the first time there!:D:):cool:

Craig
27th July 2005, 10:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by gill

Hi there, can you put my name, plus my hubby and lad down. (Gill, Ewan & Jamie). Hope to meet you all for the first time there!:D:):cool:

welcome Gill, will be nice to meet another new member. You have picked a belter of a run for your first MINI run (I'm biased of course...;)) That's your name added - see you in just over 2 weeks!:D

Craig

gill
27th July 2005, 11:52 PM

quote:Originally posted by gill

welcome Gill, will be nice to meet another new member. You have picked a belter of a run for your first MINI run (I'm biased of course...;)) That's your name added - see you in just over 2 weeks!:D

What time and where do we all meet in Callander?:)

Craig

Edit:- Sorted quote placing

markyc
28th July 2005, 04:28 AM
Gill,
The meeting place/start is the big carpark at the back of the Dreadnought Hotel. Drive down the Main St, you can't miss it ;)
We hope to leave about 9.30am

See you then :D:D:D

AerokitScot69
28th July 2005, 04:40 AM
If i can make it i will be there, i wont know untill closer to the time. Put me down as maybe

gill
29th July 2005, 02:48 AM
Thanks for info on meeting place and time. Hope to see you all then!:D:):cool:

Craig
29th July 2005, 09:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

hello craig , had an idea of giving out free raffle ticket on the day before leaving callender,this will in turn be handed into one of my customers shops in Oban(not decided yet who) for a chance of winning a gift to help keep there mini on the road (approx £40), i will donate the gift for my customer. or we could just do a draw for it after lunch:p, (trying to get people in the door of there shop, they sell all kinds of hand/powertools) What do you think?

Sounds like a great idea :D, make the arrangements and I will get some raffle tickets and we can get people to take a number at the start and we will draw it after lunch in oban before we leave.

Sorry for the delay by the way - was away for a few days up in Blair Atholl in the caravan.

Craig ;)

N12 JLK
30th July 2005, 01:58 AM
craig, i will have to change the raffle details but i think you will agree to the better. my boss has given me a Bahco 1/2" socket set worth £95 for the first prize and i will give a bahco 1/4" socket set for the runner up worth £45. Ive got a raffle book , £1 for every entry and for a strip of 5 costing £3 you will be entered into a draw which will be taken place after lunch in Oban.Tickets to be bought before leaving Callander so be there nice and early. All proceeds will go to the MACMILLIAN CANCER fund which he is fond of dearly , my company will send off a cheque for all money collected on the day. I hope everyone will enter and for doing so i will give every entrant a bahco style AA maglite torch (20 torches in total im afraid only). hope this is ok and come on stips of 5 please!:p:p:p

Craig
30th July 2005, 03:11 AM
Jason, yeah this sounds like a good idea. Cancer is a problem which is close to mine (and Judes) heart as both of our families have had problems. I think most other people will agree. Thanks for arranging this.

Craig:D

Scottie
30th July 2005, 05:32 AM
good idea.

dundonian
30th July 2005, 08:00 PM
Hi Craig

Can you add us to the list as well.

Thanks,

Dundonian (and MINI Rocker)

ELFMAN
31st July 2005, 05:43 AM
Good idea for the Raffle - for a good cause too. Looking forward to seeing everybody on the 14th.

Are we going straight to Callander individually, or is there a meet at Stirling Services for folks from this neck of the woods (Lanarkshire etc)? I'm easy either way. That sounds dodgy.........

markyc
31st July 2005, 06:17 AM
That sounds well dodgy Euan :eek: but I know what you mean, a meet at Stirling Services would be good but we'll wait and see what the boss says. It's over to you Craig ;):D

Craig
31st July 2005, 06:12 PM
I don't see any problem with meeting at Stirling. We are due to leave Callander at 09:30hrs and it takes roughly 30 mins to get from there to Callander (plus the time required for selling of raffle tickets). So it looks like an early start ;)of 08:30hrs leaving from Stirling Services (MOTO J9 of the M9)

Craig:D

hyperflick
1st August 2005, 07:16 AM
Better get my name down for this one since i'm coming!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Looking forward to it so we'll (Hogg88 and myself) meet you at Stirling Services at 0830hrs.:p:p:p

Craig
1st August 2005, 03:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by hyperflick
Better get my name down for this one since i'm coming!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Looking forward to it so we'll (Hogg88 and myself) meet you at Stirling Services at 0830hrs.:p:p:p

2 cars or 1? ;)

KINGHORN
2nd August 2005, 05:40 AM
sorry cant make this one as im skinto

have fun tho

Craig
2nd August 2005, 06:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

sorry cant make this one as im skinto

have fun tho

No probs, thanks for letting me know.

Craig :D

Jeff
3rd August 2005, 04:43 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it I will be in Newcastle

Craig
3rd August 2005, 06:16 AM
Ok Jeff, y ah man...

hogg88
3rd August 2005, 06:34 AM
Hi Craig :)

Should be 2 cars for Hyperflick and myself :)

Craig
3rd August 2005, 06:36 AM
kind of thought that - just thought I'd check.

Cheers

Craig

hyperflick
4th August 2005, 08:14 AM
Elfman will be good to see you again since the last time was The Thistle Run!!!!:D:D

Enjoyed listening to your exhaust on the way back from the Thistle Run especially thru the m8 underpass after the kingston bridge:D:D:D:D V raspy indeed!!!!!!:p:p:p:p

ELFMAN
5th August 2005, 01:48 AM
It makes me smile anyway..... and the exhaust.
Simple pleasures, eh? Ye cannae whack it. It's that nasty manifold that gives it added "Raspiness". The Playminu set-up makes the car SOOOOOO much more fun!!!!!

It'll be a FAB run. Fingers crossed for good weather! C Y'all @ Stirling.

ELFMAN
5th August 2005, 01:50 AM
Apparently I'm now running a "PlayminU" system....
Kan't bloodi tipe....

N12 JLK
6th August 2005, 12:12 AM
9 DAYS TO GO ,LOOKING FORWARD TO A GOOD DAY, WHATS EVERONE DOING FOR LUNCH, BRING SOMETHING OR PUB.MMMMMM BEEERRRRR(YES FOR THE PASSENGERS)

Craig
6th August 2005, 03:58 AM
I might be turning up in a peugeot at this rate. The ticking coming from my wheels is driving me potty!

I think it will be pub lunch, but not sure....:D

N12 JLK
6th August 2005, 04:58 AM
im sure mr broon will sort out the error;)

N12 JLK
8th August 2005, 05:30 AM
Craig ,Kerr would like to come along on the run but i feel that it may be to long for him at times sitting in the car,i think that the longest he would be in the car would be from Callander to Oban and since the road works at glencoe are a real pain ( go through them every fortnight) i would say about 2 hours, we would need to stop a couple of times for a pee break as he's only 4. what do you think.Is it to long for him:question:. This would be the first one he's missed.

Craig
8th August 2005, 03:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Craig ,Kerr would like to come along on the run but i feel that it may be to long for him at times sitting in the car,i think that the longest he would be in the car would be from Callander to Oban and since the road works at glencoe are a real pain ( go through them every fortnight) i would say about 2 hours, we would need to stop a couple of times for a pee break as he's only 4. what do you think.Is it to long for him:question:. This would be the first one he's missed.

I think we should have enough "wee stops", we have scheduled 2 stops on the way to oban (at the green wellie in tyndrum and at portnacroish) so he can get the toilet there. Also if you need to stop elsewhere, that's not a problem.....

N12 JLK
9th August 2005, 03:38 AM
superb he will be pleased!!!!!;););)

Craig
9th August 2005, 03:23 PM
Dear All,

The Run Directions are now on the first post and are available for Download (thanks to super mod GAJ ;)) Please print a set for yourself to bring along. I will bring some copies on Sun for those without a printer.;)

If anyone has any questions/issues, just let me know.

thanks

Craig

PS - only 5 sleeps to go !!:D:D

Monsta Mo Mini
9th August 2005, 05:10 PM
Bugger! He beat me to it!

Was hoping to make it to this one and get some great piccys - but got ma bro coming to visit with his tribe.
As per usual these days - anyone taking pictures or video, can you send them to me and I'll create a gallery page for this run. It's the perfect opportunity to show the rest of the world what they're missing!

Well done to Craig and hope you enjoy yourselves.

GAJ
9th August 2005, 05:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Bugger! He beat me to it!

Mines a bodge!;) Feel free to replace with the quality goods if you have prepared them!

Craig
9th August 2005, 06:58 PM
No probs Calum, I'll try and make sure I get some photties as most times I get chatting and forget. Got to make sure I have some record of my first organised run! :D:D

Craig

N12 JLK
10th August 2005, 12:39 AM
just checked the 7 day forcast, sunday rain ,how pants is that

hogg88
10th August 2005, 09:27 PM
YES it will rain on sunday, i have never been able to drive through Glen Coe without it raining :(

Sorry, and i was so looking forward to going Topless ;):cool:;)

Scottie
10th August 2005, 09:31 PM
it always rains in the west:(

Craig
11th August 2005, 03:16 PM
LOOK! - If you are all going to keep talking about rain, then your no coming:evil:

All of the forecasts I have seen, say sunshine:eek: so there:approve:

3 Sleeps to GO!!

PS - your old wheels are back on again Scottiecoop, having to send my other ones back to manufacturer due to problems with blistering. If your getting rid of your 5 spoke silver JCW wheels, let me know.;)

Scottie
11th August 2005, 04:43 PM
I have a nice set of 18" Axis wheels if your interested with brand new tyres.:D

Craig
11th August 2005, 05:19 PM
I think if I spend anymore money on the car at the moment, jude will cut my allowance...:eek:

N12 JLK
12th August 2005, 04:43 AM
remember everyone , plenty cash for raffle tickets:p:p:p. nice and early .only £3 needed for 5 strips, if you can afford a nice mini to drive about in then £3 isnt much:cool::cool:, ok petrols gone up but nevermind!

Craig
12th August 2005, 05:13 PM
Just a wee reminder to everyone. There is a small meet at Moto Stirling (J9 or M9) leaving at 08:30hrs on Sunday for the short run up to Callander. Everyone else can you please be in Callander for around 09:00hrs so that we can sell you raffle tickets for CH-CH-CHARITY mate;) We leave Callander (at the public car park behind the Dreadnought Hotel) at 09:30hrs. (For the ladies and wee boys, there are toilets here also:eek:;):blackeye:)

Will see all of your then

Craig

PS - cannae wait (and I have more prizes for the raffle...:D)

Neil and Lorna
12th August 2005, 11:04 PM
Oh no not the Green Wellie shop.

(Makes a mental note to hide the credit cards from Lorna.;))

Looking forward to a good run.:D

Probably meet up with you at Stirling.:)

See you Sunday.:D

Neil And Lorna

Craig
12th August 2005, 11:54 PM

just thinking...what model??

Monsta Mo Mini
13th August 2005, 12:10 AM
Have a great run - looking forward to seing the piccys! Looks as if the weather might be no too bad!

The Dogfather
13th August 2005, 03:30 AM
Sorry Craig I won't be able to make it :( the wobbly steering has returned.....

MartinSullivan
13th August 2005, 03:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

the wobbly steering has returned.....

Stop driving after you have been to the pub then :D

ELFMAN
13th August 2005, 04:13 AM
See you at Stirling Services at the back of 8.00am, folks, you never know - weather forecasts have been known to be utter b*ll*cks!

The Dogfather
13th August 2005, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
Stop driving after you have been to the pub then :D

:eek::D

Craig
13th August 2005, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Sorry Craig I won't be able to make it :( the wobbly steering has returned.....

Sorry to hear that Paul - hope you get the fault fixed soon. Will have an ice-cream in Oban for you ;)

Craig
13th August 2005, 06:11 AM
Just checked the weather on 3 different sites - they are all saying sunshine and 20 degrees - ya dancer:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

dundonian
13th August 2005, 10:32 PM
Hi Craig,

Can you remove us from the list please.

Have a great time tomorrow.

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2005, 02:51 AM
Craig, just noticed we are still down as "maybes".

Just to confirm we will definitely be there.:D Probably meet at Callander.

See you there...:D

AndyP & Lenore

Scottie
14th August 2005, 03:25 AM

just thinking...what model??

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/axis_crux.jpg

Axis Crux with polished lip (no any stick on plastic stuff);)

Look really good with the polished rim agains't the black eyed pee's colour cooper:cool::p

Craig
14th August 2005, 05:08 AM
I'll talk with you tommorrow re "options"...;) The item you gave me today..........tried it and it doesn't go aswell as I thought it would. Might look for an alloy one to go with my dash..:D:D (don't tell jude mind ;))

Craig
14th August 2005, 05:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Craig, just noticed we are still down as "maybes".

Just to confirm we will definitely be there.:D Probably meet at Callander.

See you there...:D

AndyP & Lenore

No probs, thanks for confirming.

Dundonian - noted also and updated the first page.

Neil and Lorna
14th August 2005, 05:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil
Probably meet up with you at Stirling.:)

See you Sunday.:D

Neil And Lorna

Hi Craig

Just a small change in our plans we will now be going straight to Callender.:D

See you tomorrow.:)

Neil and Lorna

Craig
14th August 2005, 05:17 AM
Ok Neil - mind bring yer wallet!!

Craig
14th August 2005, 02:38 PM
Well, the sun is oot!!!:D:D:D This might be the first time that you have gone through Glen Coe with the hood down Hogg88 ;)

See you all in a couple of hours.!!:cool:

Craig
15th August 2005, 03:38 AM
Just had ma Tea after a long, but FANTASTIC day:D:D

Thanks first of all to Jason and Lesley for organising the Raffle - we made £100 for MacMillan Cancer Relief.

Thanks to MarkyC and Jason for helping with the radios to keep folk together - proved invaluble.

Lastly thanks to everyone for coming along - I had an absolute blast and hope you all enjoyed yourselves;). The weather was unbelievable:cool:

Best bit for me was the Jimmy Saville impression over the radios as they passed his wee hoose in Glen Coe.

Roll on the next run..:D:D:approve:

Craig

<right, where's that beer again>:eek::approve::approve::approve:

ELFMAN
15th August 2005, 03:52 AM
Well Done Craig and the others who put in that bit of extra effort to make the day and the raffle go well. Another great NMS Day Oot.

Fine Weather, Fine Roads, Fine Company - what more could you ask for? Well I can think of a couple of things, but Cameron Diaz has a restraining order on me.

Came out to the Balloch car park to find G3 ELF bawling its eyes out (headlight washers) because (and I quote) “All those other bad MINIS went away and left me all alone!” Poor wee soul. Still, that'll teach me & Bill to spend half an hour looking a Jenners Whisky selection.....

A thoroughly enjoyable day - AND we got the weather! AND £100 for a good cause. Top Marks.
Now I have to go and cosole G3 “Nae Pals” ELF.....

ELFMAN
15th August 2005, 03:57 AM
My typing is SO bad... I won't be “cosoling” anything - “CoNsoling” maybe.

See you soon,
TH...TH...TH...TH...THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

N12 JLK
15th August 2005, 04:33 AM
superb day, thanks to everyone who attended and for making it a great day. Kerr wants to know if he can stay weekends at Craig/jude's or Marks (you have a new best friend there)!
I will hand the money into my work on Friday as im away for a couple of days now.Just finished watching the video we took of the run (suprisingly it turned out well). Look forward to meeting you all again soon. Big thanks to Craig and everyone who put the run together. Jimmy Savile says Hi!:D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2005, 04:36 AM
Well done to Craig and everyone involved in making the run go as smooth as it did.

What a fantastic run.:D 340 mile round trip for us and we enjoyed every mile of it. And an even greater surprise, I didn't even fall asleep on the way home.;)

That route was nothing short of jaw-dropping. We've never been through the Glen Coe valley and we were absolutley blown away with the scenery. Couldn't have asked for better weather too!:cool::cool:

Well done again to Craig and the others!!:D:):D

P.S. - Dave, we're gonna have to get a set of those JCW seats. WOW!:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore

Neil and Lorna
15th August 2005, 04:42 AM
Hi There

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said except Fantastic

All you people that missed this one you missed one of the best yet.

Neil and lorna

Scottie
15th August 2005, 05:17 AM
another great run weather was perfect :cool: some great roads :cool: Managed the whole journey without Airchie throwing up once:) and he looks forward to meeting up with his friends on the next run.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/buterun045.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/buterun032.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/buterun040.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/buterun042.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/buterun024.jpg

roadrunner
15th August 2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks to craig and all involved in the planning, what a fantastic day's driving - really enjoyed it, the route has to be one of the best, looking forward to the next one.

Cheers, RR

markyc
15th August 2005, 07:01 AM
Round of applause and take a bow Craig, FABULOUS day ;):cool: Nearly crashed the car laughing at the Jimmie Saville impressions on oor wee radios, what a hoot :D Well done to everyone else for making the day so so good :) Bring on the next run !!!!

P.S. Have you got any pineapple left Kerr ???

gill
15th August 2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks to Craig on our first run - we all thoroughly enjoyed it! Well done also to raising so much money in the raffle! Thanks to all who made us feel welcome. Looking forward to meeting you all on another run sometime soon! Also took pics and video footage, which we all enjoyed watching last night! Scenery spectacular, roads great, well organised, enjoyed totally!! Thanks from 'the virgins' Gill, Ewan & Jamie...

Gismo
15th August 2005, 06:05 PM
Looks like i missed a cracker, excellent looking scenery, well done :)

MartinSullivan
15th August 2005, 06:06 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great run and the weather was kind

Scenery looks fantastic :)

Willie M
15th August 2005, 08:30 PM
Yup. Sounds like it was a top day oot. Gutted I missed it :(

bpirie1000
15th August 2005, 08:43 PM
you've set your self teh standard there.. Next one will have to top that one...

Make sure I get out to the next event

Why o why Did I Not go........... Grrrr The Problems Beer gives you the next day.. Oooh ma head...

Cheers Brian

Crombers
15th August 2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks to Craig for a great day oot & everybody else who helped.
Great to see we raised £100 , well done Lesley, Jason & Kerr.
Roads were brill , scenery was out of this world & the weather could not have been better :cool::approve::D

hogg88
16th August 2005, 04:05 AM
HUGE THANKS to Craig for a fabulous run :D and thank you for the fantastic weather :D:cool:;)
(I think most of my pictures were taken in Glen Coe, as i've never seen it in the sunshine. Thanks again for that)

Really enjoyed myself and glad we raised some money for a good cause (well done to all involved in the good deed)

:p I'm still laughing after my car became the centre of attention for that bus load of Italian kids :D
(i could have made some more money for charity there :))

Scottie
16th August 2005, 04:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by hogg88

HUGE THANKS to Craig for a fabulous run :D and thank you for the fantastic weather :D:cool:;)
(I think most of my pictures were taken in Glen Coe, as i've never seen it in the sunshine. Thanks again for that)

Really enjoyed myself and glad we raised some money for a good cause (well done to all involved in the good deed)

:p I'm still laughing after my car became the centre of attention for that bus load of Italian kids :D
(i could have made some more money for charity there :))

were they not Spanish:p

the last bus that came in was full of Americans they came up and asked and said Gee is that a authentic Scottie:D:D

Duncan Stewart
16th August 2005, 04:26 AM
Fantastic run. Great work Craig and everyone involved.
The Start at Callander
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564666.jpg
The "Green Welly" stop - lovely ice-cream :p
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564670.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564695.jpg
Superb view over loch Tulla (shame about the buses!)
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564652.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564656.jpg

Duncan Stewart
16th August 2005, 04:28 AM
Rannoch moor as we head into GlenCoe
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564661.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564690.jpg
Roadworks in GlenCoe :( Arrived at green light :D
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564686.jpg
GlenCoe
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564680.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564677.jpg

Duncan Stewart
16th August 2005, 04:28 AM
The amazing sloping bridge at Ballachulish ;)
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564672.jpg
Castle Stalker
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564714.jpg
Connel Ferry Bridge (glad there were no trains coming ;))
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564710.jpg
Approaching Oban. I must teach Helen about horizontal horizons ;) :D
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564703.jpg
Hell's Glen
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/108564701.jpg

I must get broadband, that just too me ages! :eek:

Calum - feel free to use any of the above in a run report. If you want higher res copies or more photos just pm me your postal address and I will send you a CD
Cheers

roadrunner
16th August 2005, 09:51 PM
Hey Duncan, Thanks for the great shots of me car, chili red and vipers.

See you on the next one

RoadRunner

Monsta Mo Mini
17th August 2005, 07:02 PM
Duncan - did you get my message?

Duncan Stewart
17th August 2005, 09:22 PM
Ah Roadrunner - that's why you overtook me - you wanted to be in photos ;) :D
Hi Calum - yes, I will get a CD in the post to you
Cheers

hyperflick
18th August 2005, 02:37 AM
Late but never mind....:p:p:p:p

Craig what can I say, Fantastic day, fantastic run, fantastic scenery, fantastic weather, if you haven't already gathered I thought it was fantastic!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good to see the usual suspects and put faces to names at last...
Andy & lenore, Neil & Lorna:):):):)

New-be's always welcome, Gill, glad you enjoyed your first run with us and look forward to seeing you on more..:p:p

My sister really enjoyed her first run too and felt she was made v welcome by you all... (didyoureallyhavetobesonice,nowi'llneedtobringhero nanother!!!)

Tee Hee.....;):):D:D

MUCH FUN HAD BY ALL AND LOOK FORWARD TO ANOTHER SOON:D

roadrunner
18th August 2005, 06:50 PM
Duncan,

Its not me its the car!!, pose,pose,pose:D:D

Its been already said though, great day out, and great company.

RoadRunner

Jeff
19th August 2005, 05:56 PM
Looked good people shame I had to miss out, great photies by the way!!!

colink
19th August 2005, 11:48 PM
Looks like you all had a fantastic time. I was the first of the three MCSs that bumped into you at the Glencoe Viewpoint. We were coming down the hill and I said to the wife "Look, there's a couple of minis at the viewpoint." As we got closer she announced "There's more than two - there's hundreds!!!!!"

Our wee trip was for the benefit of some Sassenach friends we met on the Go MINI trip to France. Our route (over three days) took us from the start of the A82, thru Glencoe, on the Corran Ferry, single track roads to Strontian, Mallaig - Armadale ferry, all of Skye, Kylrhea - Glenelg Ferry, down to Ballachulish, then down to Stirling, across to Edinburgh and down to Moffat on the A701. Truly, the best roads in the world!

Heather
20th August 2005, 04:17 AM
Sorry for the late thanks Craig, just got back from holiday today. Fabulous run with the most amazing scenery. Good to see everyone again and to meet some new folk too. So nice of you to book such good weather too;) Nice to finally see knotty in the flesh too.:D