PDA

View Full Version : what about a section for Other Marques

Scottie
20th March 2005, 05:50 AM
why can't we have a section for other makes of cars that we might own.

seen them on other car forums seem to work well.

just a idea now that some have gone over to the darkside:p

duncan
20th March 2005, 06:16 AM
Off Topic and Banter is already there, IMHO

Scottie
20th March 2005, 06:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

sorry only a idea:blackeye:

duncan
20th March 2005, 06:49 AM
quote:

sorry only a idea:blackeye:

Don't be sorry, i was just adding my tuppence worth!

The Dogfather
20th March 2005, 07:24 AM
Fee - My tuppence worth, good idea!
I don't see why we can't add a My other car is a ........ Or - I used to have a MINI but now I drive a ........... Forum

Especially seeing that most of the Mods are no longer MINI Mods (bar Julz)!

GAJ
20th March 2005, 07:27 AM
Ahem!

The Dogfather
20th March 2005, 07:32 AM
I was refering to height Gaj :D

Heather
20th March 2005, 08:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Have to agree with Duncan. NMS exists to provide a community where participants can share their passion for all things MINI. To have forums for other cars would dilute this founding principal. NMS is a great site for MINI (or mini!) enthusiasts but as the BBC would say "other sites are available"

Julz
22nd March 2005, 05:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I was refering to height Gaj :D

Good save BDM!!;)

Oh I'm stuck in the middle here! Yes, I agree with Heather that it's a mini enthusiasts site, but also, as SC says, most other car enthusiast sites have an 'other cars' section which works well and mainly seems to be for those who've outcasted themselves, but don't want to leave the community;) (care in the community springs to mind)!:p:clown:

Scottie
22nd March 2005, 06:19 PM
we could always put it to the vote.:D

The Dogfather
22nd March 2005, 07:08 PM
Get off the fence Julz! It'll give you a sore ar$e! ;)

I don't think it would be detrimental to NMS to add an other marques section; afterall it'll still be called NMS and most people using the site would be MINI owners/enthusiasts or ex Mini owners.

It would allow use to retain the defectors within the community allowing them time to come to terms with their mistake :eek:.

I agree with SC perhaps we should have a vote! BTW is NMS a democracy?

GAJ
22nd March 2005, 08:08 PM
Personally I am against the idea of a seperate section. All are welcome to join and remain members of the site, whether they are now or ever have been MINI owners. With the exception of OTAB, this forum is dedicated to MINIs. People are free to talk about anything in OTAB, including other cars.

I don't see any benefit in a specific section. For the new section to have any focus surely it would have to be split into specific manufacturers - VW, Subaru, Mitsubushi, Seat, Fiat, Kia (right girls!;)), etc.? Even MINI2 don't have an 'other marques' section and they must have thousands of members with other cars.

I think NMS works fine as it is and the community spirit here is good. I'm not at all convinced that this is always the case on other motoring forum.

Julz
22nd March 2005, 08:20 PM
Ok, off the fence now (bum was getting a bit sore)! I agree with GAJ! This site is for mini enthusiasts, who are not all necessarily mini owners!!:clown: If you want to blab about another car, OT&B is available and for type specific info, there are other sites!;) Ta-da!!:kiss:

Monsta Mo Mini
22nd March 2005, 08:25 PM
I think GAJ said everything that needs to be said.

Wul
22nd March 2005, 09:17 PM
Ditto - I personally don't like the various derivative sections on MINI2 - more sections mean more work for mods trying to keep threads in the right place, on topic etc and more places for people to try and find info outwith the search facility.

davesminis
22nd March 2005, 09:38 PM
I am going to take up the position Julz had on that fence!!
I agree with wul and dont want to make more work. But I also drove a citroens for years after passing my test even though I am a mini enthusiast. It is only really now that I ahve managed to scrape together enough ££ to fuel my passion!!

Dave

Crombers
22nd March 2005, 10:08 PM
MINI's only for me with OTAB for those who wish to discuss any topic or use the other owner club sites.
Again GAJ said it all :approve:

Scottie
23rd March 2005, 12:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by J Cee

Gaj has the right idea it's NEWMINISCOTLAND.CO.UK not IDRIVETHISCARWHATCARDOYOUDIVESCOTLAND.CO.UK.

sorry It was only a idea;)

I retract my suggestion:D