PDA

View Full Version : Warning to peeps in Lothian and Borders

Julz
17th March 2005, 10:49 PM
I was at a seminar in Edinburgh yesterday and the rep from the safety camera partnership was there. Anyway, I found out, and I don't know if it's public knowledge yet or not, but L&B are going to be the third area in the uk to get a 'safety' camera mounted motorcycle! Joy!:evil: You have been warned!:sleepy:

euan
18th March 2005, 12:50 AM
On a similar vein, if you use the M6 toll road I found on Tuesday that the police had a HUGE speeding crackdown - one Range Rover on a bridge to track the speed and 3 fast saloons on the slip road to get the speeders. All this in the run up to the toll boothes so they would guarantee to catch people.

I was being good, but the bloke in the 535i was not so lucky, he must have been doing about 100. I use the toll road every week and that is the first time I've seen police on it.

Steve74
18th March 2005, 01:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

On a similar vein, if you use the M6 toll road I found on Tuesday that the police had a HUGE speeding crackdown - one Range Rover on a bridge to track the speed and 3 fast saloons on the slip road to get the speeders. All this in the run up to the toll boothes so they would guarantee to catch people.

I was being good, but the bloke in the 535i was not so lucky, he must have been doing about 100. I use the toll road every week and that is the first time I've seen police on it.

Noticed that starting to happen after the Autocar or Autoexpress article.

euan
18th March 2005, 02:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74
Noticed that starting to happen after the Autocar or Autoexpress article.

What article was that? I can only assume it was something about the toll road being a free for all as the amount of times people have burned past me on it is incredible!

Julz
18th March 2005, 03:05 AM
Apparently a salesman was clocked doing 105mph on the 50mph bypass!!:eek::blackeye: