PDA

View Full Version : MINI Trackday

anteater
5th July 2003, 08:23 AM
Taken from my post on MINI2...... so far 5 possible drivers intrested.

I haven't met any of the peeps on this forum yet, and I dont know if I'm posting this in the right section but hear go's anyway.......

Do any of you do trackdays? Im keen on doing a MINI trackday in Scotland but not at Knockhill prices......

I organise Supermoto trackdays up at Crail

I'm intrested in doing a MINI trackday if the demand is there, I need at least 10 drivers to book an event, a full trackday at Crail with unlimited track time, barbecue and first aid cover should come in below £50 a head (if the numbers are favourable)

Please give me a bit of feedback on this, timescale wise I'm busy racing for the next couple of months (bikes not cars) but will happily set it up for latter in the season if demand is strong enough.

Willie M
6th July 2003, 06:54 AM
We floated the idea of a track day a few months back and there didn't seem to be that much interest :(

I, however, would certainly be up for it Alex :approve: I'll check out your thread on MINI2 and add my name.

Any others fancy this one ???

Burple
10th July 2003, 03:25 AM
Yup...
Already replied on Mini2 :D

K1MUR
17th July 2003, 06:40 PM
I would come along on a Mini Track Day and have a few pals that may also come along?

anteater
27th July 2003, 08:28 AM
Quite suprised at the lack of response overall between the two web sites, must be lots of people out there who would love to do some track work surly?

For what its worth, I strongly believe that fast driving / riding on the track is much safer than moderate driving / riding on the road, believe me there's nothing to be scared off!!!

Julz
27th July 2003, 05:20 PM
I would have loved to, until all my conversion plans have gone ahead!! Too much fibreglass involved to risk anything happening to BabyB, would love to come and watch/help out though!!:D

Gismo
27th July 2003, 06:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by anteater

Quite suprised at the lack of response overall between the two web sites, must be lots of people out there who would love to do some track work surly?
For what its worth, I strongly believe that fast driving / riding on the track is much safer than moderate driving / riding on the road, believe me there's nothing to be scared off!!!I'll go as long as i get to drive your car, believe me there's nothing to be scared of!!!!

Bonnie Scotland

duncan
27th July 2003, 11:17 PM
From what i've heard of Crail, the Potholes are certainly to be scared of!

Tony
28th July 2003, 04:11 PM
who says im scared??

track daying in a £500.00 XR2i is much more fun than a £14,000 Cooper..........
Lets just say, its not so much me who is scared, now, as my bank manager and insurance dudes...

Tony McCandless
29th July 2003, 05:53 AM
Anteater

Up for this but actually prefer Knockhill, think its a bit wider and safer. Nearly threw my bike down the track at Crail 2 years ago after hitting one of the potholes already mentioned.

Happy to do either tho.

Cheers

lightbody
29th July 2003, 08:10 PM
Just be careful, thats all I can say! I organised, participated in and enjoyed Mini track days in the past, but then my friend rolled his valuable, freshly restored car (very easy to do actually) and was very lucky indeed to escape serious injury. Car was written off.

I now realise I was very, very lucky and unless I could afford to be in the MINI Cooper Challenge or something, I wouldn't take my car anywhere near a track now.

Burple
29th July 2003, 08:24 PM
Yes I'm sure we've all heard of someone or know someone who has had an incident <ahem> 'just outside' a motoring event like this ;);):D
Lots of tears at the expense at the very least, and some aren't so lucky!
Know of someone else (who very unfortunately through something unrelated is no longer with us :() who trashed his beloved Mini at a track day down south (on his birthday of all days!!) He was a ver lucky boy that day.

quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Just be careful, thats all I can say! I organised, participated in and enjoyed Mini track days in the past, but then my friend rolled his valuable, freshly restored car (very easy to do actually) and was very lucky indeed to escape serious injury. Car was written off.

I now realise I was very, very lucky and unless I could afford to be in the MINI Cooper Challenge or something, I wouldn't take my car anywhere near a track now.