PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Tales

PepperNI
16th March 2005, 09:53 PM
Anyone got any test drive tales to tell? Did you have the rep out of his seat? Did you crash the demo? Have you any idea why you ended up spending shed loads more on extras than you had planned?...

Clare1
17th March 2005, 02:17 AM
Mmm Scary Test Drive tales........

I think its the Sales Execs that will have plenty of those.....!!!! lol

Smurf
17th March 2005, 03:30 AM
Nice one Clare!

MINIME!!!! You're on!!!!!

:D

davesminis
17th March 2005, 07:30 AM
I went to test drive one and got a little over zealous while cornering on a quite back road that I had insisted would be good for a test drive. The poor sales exec was a little concerned at this point. By the end of the test drive he got out of the car rather quickly and said "excuse me sir, just going to nip to the bathroom" This left me wondering why they would have a bathroom at a BMW garage!

sleepyrascal
17th March 2005, 09:42 AM
Not a tail about a mini,

but I test drove a citreon c2 GT (yes.. I did:disapprove::disapprove:... i'm sorry, it was a moment of weakness:disapprove::D) and the sales guy took me along the coastal roads. I asked him if he minded me giving it a bit of stick as it was supposed to be a GT after all. HE said it was ok.

SO i did..

There was silence and then he blurted out that I was driving illegaly and the document I had signed in the garage put all responsibility for the car on me. I think the poor chap was genuinely scared. However he managed to find his best salesman voice by the time we returned to the garage. I don't think I ever really had any intention of buying it :D:D:D

Big Col
17th March 2005, 04:50 PM
Are the C2 GT's quick? My neighbour has got one. Boggin' to look at.

Duncan Stewart
17th March 2005, 05:45 PM
A good plan is to drive like a granny on the test drive so they think you drive your current car the same way and give you a better trade in price ;) :D

euan
17th March 2005, 08:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

A good plan is to drive like a granny on the test drive so they think you drive your current car the same way and give you a better trade in price ;) :D

Get the trade in price first :)

Mini Me
18th March 2005, 06:40 AM
Put one in a ditch with the customer in the passenger seat :p
Still bought a car tho.....superb or what...

Neil and Lorna
18th March 2005, 08:49 AM
Went for a test drive in a JCW MCS last May.

I droped some loose change out my pocket whilst getting out.
Whilst picking it up he said jokingly

"just leave it,it pay for some of the rubber you just left on the road":D

He sold me one On March 1st :cool:

sleepyrascal
18th March 2005, 10:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Are the C2 GT's quick? My neighbour has got one. Boggin' to look at.

Its not bad. Its bloody terrible. Wierd high seat position and the car just feels cheap and tinny. Awful to look at, your right!! I also drove the c2 vts with the paddle gear shift... :D:D:DWHAT A JOKE:D:D:D It is the most terrible gear set up i have EVER used. Ferrari cant even get paddle shift right so why on earth did citreon think they could! What a waste of money! There must seriously be a second between shifts. and the change down is awful too. I seem to remember actually laughing whilst driving it and then feeling sorry for the sales guy who had to try n sell the daft thing :D:D:D:D

Clare1
19th March 2005, 07:12 PM
Scariest Test Drive tale ever.........Actually having guts to get in a CooperS with Iain driving!!!!

Now theres a 'Hair Raising' experience!!!! Hahaha
;0)

AeroJonny
22nd March 2005, 02:40 AM
I used to work in the Lexus garage in glasgow and took out two rather large men for a test drive in a mint IS300 with body kit and 18" touring car rims. Got more than a little scared when the car started to hop out to the right while this loon waws goin round a bend in the m8 at around 115mph.

The car's for sale at phoenix motown in linwood and has been for about 6 months. I see it every time i go to the showcase cinema and it gives me a wee chuckle!:D