PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Reccie - Postponed now 1st May 2005

The Dogfather
15th March 2005, 08:13 PM
Really sorry guys but I've had to put this back until 1st May. I'm not able to go this weekend.........:(:disapprove:

Now the weather is starting to improve I'm planning to Reccie the Twilight Run route and I was wondering if anyone else wants to add 550 miles to their mota, or would like to try and take notes from my passenger seat?

The route: - Turriff, Inverness, John O'Groats, Durness, Ullapool and then back by the shortest route!

The list
BDM + Sleepy?
John + Kinghorn (brave man!)
Nenah

I reckon meeting for an early start from my house (I'll supply bacon butties and coffee) followed by a quick blast to Inverness to meet up with SC.
Scottie Coop (Scooby?) from Inverness

Scottie
15th March 2005, 08:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

John? Nenah? Others?

Now the weather is starting to improve I'm planning to Reccie the Twilight Run route and I was wondering if anyone else wants to add 550 miles to their mota, or would like to try and take notes from my passenger seat?

The route: - Turriff, Inverness, John O'Groats, Durness, Ullapool and then back by the shortest route!

if we are allowed could join you from invernes

sleepyrascal
15th March 2005, 08:32 PM
Hey bd. I would happily take notes from your car if you need a hand.. ill need to check im not working though. Could get some on-route photos too.

The Dogfather
15th March 2005, 09:49 PM
Both welcome, I'll need to check dates but I'll let you know....

Paul

john
16th March 2005, 05:53 PM
whats another 550 miles :D

:D:DBonnie tried taking notes for Cullen last year from my passenger seat:D:DI am still laughing about it yet:D:D

Julz
16th March 2005, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by john
:D:DBonnie tried taking notes for Cullen last year from my passenger seat:D:DI am still laughing about it yet:D:D

Aye, how can you write notes when you've got both hands on the hand grab and your eyes are shut!!:p

The Dogfather
16th March 2005, 06:58 PM
Well I was thinking Sunday 27th March or 10th April.

Scottie
16th March 2005, 07:15 PM

Well I was thinking Sunday 27th March or 10th April.

either for me:D

mind you getting the prodrive fitted to the scooby on the 21st so this would a wee nice blast for it.:D

KINGHORN
16th March 2005, 10:23 PM
passenger, cuz i cant drive :(

john
17th March 2005, 12:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

I agree!!!:D:D

sleepyrascal
17th March 2005, 12:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

I agree!!!:D:D

:D:D

KINGHORN
18th March 2005, 07:43 AM
at the moment. i could out drive u on any road mate, so who wants to take me, pref in a fast car, john u could SHOW me how to drve lol

The Dogfather
18th March 2005, 07:54 AM
Sounds fine with me Ewan taking notes in my mota, and Kinghorn with JB.

KINGHORN
18th March 2005, 08:45 AM
SOUNDS GOOD

sleepyrascal
18th March 2005, 09:38 AM

Sounds fine with me Ewan taking notes in my mota, and Kinghorn with JB.

Soundo!

sleepyrascal
18th March 2005, 09:40 AM
10th would be better for me as I wont have a job by then, but otherwise ill get someone to cover my shift

Nenah
20th March 2005, 06:50 AM
Yes me me me me!

My sat nav has a jounrney recorder function - so i can drive and the navigator records all turns, roads and distances etc etc - so if this helps you Paul?

let me know!

:cool:

The Dogfather
20th March 2005, 07:20 AM
Nenah - It will!

John - Are you still in touch with Phil (sold S for Elise) he might be interested in this....

Scottie
20th March 2005, 07:32 AM
here are some pics I took today went for a wee run Ullapool road for about 1/2 hour.

http://community.webshots.com/user/thornef

The Dogfather
22nd March 2005, 04:33 PM
Right looks like it'll be the 10th as I've got the Up and Over Run the week before! Let me know if this is OK.

KINGHORN
23rd March 2005, 06:41 PM
ok for me

sleepyrascal
23rd March 2005, 07:36 PM
cool

The Dogfather
23rd March 2005, 08:03 PM
Well that's the passengers! Just need John, SC and Nenah to confirm!

Scottie
23rd March 2005, 08:43 PM

Well that's the passengers! Just need John, SC and Nenah to confirm!

10th ok for me will confirm defo nearer the time.

got my other new motor to pick-up and could land on that weekend;)

john
26th March 2005, 09:48 AM
If I'm not moving house I'll be there!

The Dogfather
26th March 2005, 07:33 PM
Moving house?

Scottie
27th March 2005, 03:56 AM
sorry can't make the 10th:disapprove:

sleepyrascal
27th March 2005, 11:28 AM
haha, were all piling into bdm's car !!

Nenah
29th March 2005, 08:16 AM
I'll be able to come along at this point - if not, Paul I'll lend you my Sat Nav and PDA so you can record the run.

The Dogfather
29th March 2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks Nenah.... long time no hear!

I Want A Works
30th March 2005, 09:14 AM
HI Bad Dog. I'm assuming that you will be heading through Thurso, if so can I join in for a bit? I'll either be in my good old granda car, as Tez calls it, or the GTi Soft Top.

Ta in advance

The Dogfather
30th March 2005, 10:20 PM
Graham - Happy to meet up, we need to find an area up North were the cars can park up for a few hours whilst it's dark, before setting out a first light.

KINGHORN
30th March 2005, 11:06 PM
so who am i gonna go with if john aint coming :(

Scottie
31st March 2005, 12:22 AM
"Set out from Inverness (or Ullapool) about 8-9pm drive up to John O'Groats for a late night BBQ and maybe a quick couple of hours kip (in the cars) whilst it's dark(ish). Then set out at first light (after a shed load of coffee, proplus and redbull) about 2-3am and drive along the north coast through Thurso, Tongue and onto Durness. Then down the west coast road to Ullapool for Breakfast and then back to Inverness."

Paul,

Looking at your post on the main mini run thread see above do you mean to go up and down ;)using the same route from Ullapool. or are you thinking about leaving from Inverness taking the A9. through Brora, Helmsdale, Berriedale braes ( you cannot miss them out) staying on the A9 @ Latheron over the causewaymire through the windmills all the way to Thurso missing out them Wickers:p then along the top down the A838 A894 A837 Ullapool.

The reason I'm asking is if we leave sharp 9pm with a spirited drive no stopping as such you will easy make Thurso before Bridge End (shell) Filling Station shuts @ 11pm Thurso ( they have a off licence get your red bull);). Then if you head down to Ullapool we can get the Shell Staion there opens 7am.

The biggest retailer of fuel up that aera is Pennyland Thurso but they shut @ 10pm. The Esso guys here don't think I would be able to talk them round.

I Want A Works
31st March 2005, 02:06 AM
MMm - forgot about good old Bamber at bridge end! Thing is that if you really want to get up here for 11, you'll have to leave Inverness at 830 at the latest. Even in the middle of the night when i been driving like a idiot, the quickest I've ever done Inverness - Thurso was just over 90 mins! And it is 110 Miles! A normal drive takes me about 2hours and quarter (ask john about the roads)

If your looking for a place, Depending on how many people cars there are there place I drink and work in called THE VIEWFIRTH in Thurso. It is an old farm house that was turned into a social club in the 60's. It has a bar (maybe not a good idea if your all driving) but also has a hall that is nice and warm and dry, and a large area where you can bar-b-q if you want. Oh - it also has a carpark that can take 40 cars no bother.

I'll have to check with the boss at it will mean it being open outwith normal opening hoursm and it migh tmean me being in charge, but I'm sure I can swing it.

I'll dig out some pics of the place inside and out, and stick them on a webpage or something for you.

I Want A Works
6th April 2005, 07:57 AM
Any idea what time you bunch of fine people will be in the north on Sunday? I might be working so might not be able to meet up with you :( but if I ain't should be able to annoy you for a bit and maybe follow behind in the good ol' GTi!

Sleepy should still have my mobile (well I gave it to him at the weekend, but he hasn't texted me yet! What a tease he is! Promises me he will and says he loves me..............) Sorry ignore that :D lol

Have fun now y'all

Nenah
6th April 2005, 08:02 AM
Quit following us you stalker and buy a mini aleady! :evil: ;)...and join in on the fun - life isnt a spectator sport!!!

:D

sleepyrascal
6th April 2005, 09:54 AM
Nenah, are you still going on the recce?? I was hoping to get a run in winnie!! I still havnt been for that run you offered me about 10 years ago!

The Dogfather
6th April 2005, 04:38 PM
I reckon we'd get to Thurso by 1pm, as we'll be going by John O'Groats and will be stopping along the way.

Nenah
8th April 2005, 02:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Nenah, are you still going on the recce?? I was hoping to get a run in winnie!! I still havnt been for that run you offered me about 10 years ago!

Cant confirm until tomorrow but lookinh hopeful! - but you're welcome to ride with me, cowboy! :p

The Dogfather
8th April 2005, 03:50 AM
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to postpone this until the end of the month.

Something has come up! and I can't go this Sunday.

Scottie
8th April 2005, 03:55 AM
yipeeeeeeeee,

this means I can go on the next one.:D:D:D

sleepyrascal
8th April 2005, 04:10 AM

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to postpone this until the end of the month.

Something has come up! and I can't go this Sunday.

Good!!!! I couldn't be arsed going on Sunday! :D To much uni stuff! Im up for the next one though as long as im free!

I Want A Works
8th April 2005, 04:21 AM
Excellent that means that I can work on Sunday! YIPPEEEEEE Or i could try to get someone to cover my on call for this wekend and go and help Tez move house..................
..........overtime it is then!!!! lol:clown:

The Dogfather
8th April 2005, 04:28 AM
Bugger! Sounds like nobody wanted to go this weekend! :p:D

I Want A Works
8th April 2005, 04:40 AM
Nah BDM - lol

I would have met up with you, and I will when you all do the reccie, as long as I'm not on shift. Just not keen on helpong Tez move house! lol

sleepyrascal
8th April 2005, 04:46 AM

Bugger! Sounds like nobody wanted to go this weekend!

I would have gone, its just I have loads of work to do so it suits me fine! Up for it next time though!

I Want A Works
8th April 2005, 06:13 AM
1st May - Excellent! I'm down in Aberdeen that weekend anyhow for a piss up for a friend of a friend who has moved away, that is is the friend of a friend remembers that she told me that is when the session is! :p
That means I might have the chance to go up the road in a convoy (starts singing the song from the movie to himself). I might even find my way home without getting lost!:cool:

The Dogfather
8th April 2005, 06:43 AM
Must remember to put smilies in, I was only joking about the bugger bit. I need to get some stuff sorted out this plus the weather should be better for photos in May.

minis
10th April 2005, 09:01 PM
bdm why take other people on the reccie that would spoil the fun in doing the accutal run :cool:

The Dogfather
10th April 2005, 09:28 PM
I need someone to take notes (sleepy).

Plus I doubt a reccie during the day with 3/4 cars will be that much like the real run anyway.

Scottie
11th April 2005, 04:04 AM

I need someone to take notes (sleepy).

Plus I doubt a reccie during the day with 3/4 cars will be that much like the real run anyway.

any excuse to take my car out don't mind how many times I take this route it's always fun:p

I Want A Works
1st May 2005, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know if the Reccie is still taking place tomorrow?? If it is and BDM read this before he leaves, get Sleepy to give us a text when u get near up hear if you want a local for advice! lol

sleepyrascal
1st May 2005, 08:28 AM
I aint heard anythin Graham and I'm off to Crail tomorrow anyway.

I Want A Works
1st May 2005, 08:36 AM
Crail, lucky you! I'm stuck up here in nothing to do land :( Never mind, i;ll just be on the look out for minil's and listening for squealing brakes!

The Dogfather
1st May 2005, 06:34 PM
Oops, with all fuss of getting the new car I forgot about this!

I Want A Works
1st May 2005, 07:20 PM

Oops, with all fuss of getting the new car I forgot about this!

lol - ok
Hopefuly u'll be able to give us a new date then soon?? :D