PDA

View Full Version : Annual Mini Clan Thistle Run 29/5/2005

Heather
15th March 2005, 08:26 AM
Applications are now open for the annual Mini Clan Thistle Run. Details are as follows...

http://www.miniclan.com/images/kllogo.gif
From Loch Lomond Shores to Dunoon
Sunday May 29th 2005
Scotland's Annual Mini-only Run

Having had five fantastically successful runs since the inaugural 2000 run between Edinburgh and St. Andrews, the Mini Clan's Thistle Runs have voyaged from Anstruther to Eyemouth to Oban using some of Scotland's finest roads and through the most stunning and beautiful scenery.

For 2005 the Mini Clan are have arranged another famous starting place; Drumkinnon Tower at Loch Lomond Shores.

From this beautiful starting point we will take you up the Loch and wind you over to Argyll and up the Rest An’ Be Thankful.

The journey then goes down some spectacular roads along the banks of Loch Fyne and over the glens to Dunoon.

Once in Dunoon we have been granted special permission to recreate our “Mini Cavalcade” into the town and to our central parking area where our judges will under take the challenge of the Show ’n’ Shine, including a category for best MINI!

The usual goodies will be part of the entry, such as a numbered magnetic rally plaque, sticker and Run magazine. You are only guaranteed a full run pack if you are amongst the first 140 to enter.

Entry costs are £10.50 before the 8th April and £13.00 thereafter. Entrys can be made online here (http://www.miniclan.com/on/thistle/index.htm).

GAJ
15th March 2005, 09:07 AM
Extra... Extra...
The Mini Clan has also arranged a special deal with Western Ferries - the ticket is £6.75 for a Mini (or i presume a MINI) plus driver (a saving of 25%), extra passengers will cost £2.50. These tickets can be ordered now through a Clan member or (easier) bought on the day from the Clan, depending on availability.

Duncan Stewart
15th March 2005, 10:10 PM
Helen and I have booked a 3 day holiday in Arrochar so we can enjoy this fully (no long runs to & from). I canny wait :D.
A fantastic day out for Minis of all ages

Craig
16th March 2005, 01:54 AM
Just sent my application away today - roll on another run!!

phantom
16th March 2005, 06:34 AM
Just booked on line + 1 ;)

davesminis
16th March 2005, 08:39 AM
I will be there too, it will be the first outing for my classic (hopefully she will be MOT'd by then) if not it will be an outing for Kimmy, my mini one.

Dave

ELFMAN
16th March 2005, 05:26 PM
I'll be sending my application away in the next day or so. The Thistle Run is a fun day out with lots of great roads and Minis/MINIS of all types.

The (positive) reaction of people in the towns and villages along the way and the final cruise through the town is a sight to see! Don't miss it.

Crombers
16th March 2005, 10:26 PM
That's me applied/booked :D

Scottie
16th March 2005, 11:17 PM
applied online yesterday:)

minimadtez
19th March 2005, 03:21 AM
Ill be there in my classic.
Hes feeling a bit left out with my new car :D

Davidson2
19th March 2005, 03:24 AM
Oh its good to be back! Booked today!

ELFMAN
19th March 2005, 06:46 AM
Yo! Davidson2, long time no see! Reading your spec for "Mango Blue" - "OZZZING sex appeal"? is this the "Osbornes" special edition MINI? I think we should be told...... "It's a F*€#¢*§ MINI *åßÝå®* adventure, man..." as the Prince of Darkness would say. See you all on the ÝÝÝSabbathÝÝÝ

Smurf
20th March 2005, 01:43 AM
Smurf and Orville (classic) are also now booked!

:D

lightbody
21st March 2005, 07:17 AM
Me and "Dennis" booked :)

phantom
12th April 2005, 01:33 AM
Got my run conformation today by e-mail, I'm No 13! :p

Heather
12th April 2005, 01:38 AM
We did a reccie of the route yesterday and its going to be a belter!

Scottie
12th April 2005, 02:53 AM
were no 3 and 4

lightbody
12th April 2005, 07:04 AM
number 2 here!

Crombers
12th April 2005, 05:46 PM
27 for me :cool:

ELFMAN
13th April 2005, 04:57 PM
Sent dosh etc off a while back. Still awaiting confirmation, should get it soon though.....

Any Lanarkshire/Glasgow folks want to meet and convoy up to Loch Lomond?

Smurf
13th April 2005, 08:15 PM
People who "Paypal" paid and registered online got an e-mail confirmation.
Those of you who applied by snail mail - a confirmation is currently winging it's way to you by the same method.

Shouldn't be long! :D

RichardV
13th April 2005, 08:54 PM
Just got confirmation the other day - im number 12....

looking forward to it, some awesome scenery im led to believe!

Duncan Stewart
13th April 2005, 09:45 PM
Number 15 :D

davesminis
14th April 2005, 06:41 PM
I may have to be changing. I am all paid up but my classic is still far from being road legal so it looks like an outing for Kimmy might be on the cards!

Crombers
14th April 2005, 10:36 PM
Gary , Heather ,
Just been checking on the Clan website regarding inviting a couple of passengers along for the day. Does this cost extra or does my entry fee cover all car passengers ? (I am not getting the ferry for the way back as I,m just gojng to drive back to Balloch).

Cheers,

GAJ
14th April 2005, 10:56 PM
The entry fee covers as many people as you can cram into your car. No extra fees are payable.

The Mini Clan
15th April 2005, 12:50 AM
Hi all,

Just to ley you know we have less that 50 places left on the Thistle Run.

You can still apply at http://www.miniclan.com/on/thistle/TR2005PayPal.htm

Thanks

The Mini Clan

davesminis
15th April 2005, 04:27 AM
I am number 22 on the run. See you all there!!

Dave

Smurf
15th April 2005, 05:19 AM
We're numbers 10 and 14!
It's going to be an absolute cracker....

seany
16th April 2005, 12:21 AM
just paid thought pay pal

seany
16th April 2005, 12:29 AM
what part of Loch Lomond Shores are we starting from

Smurf
16th April 2005, 03:15 AM
The coach park.
After some wee surprises while you're there!
Plenty of time to go shopping in Jenners... :D

phantom
16th April 2005, 04:06 AM
I'm sure we will be having lots of wee ( oops! :I thats that scottish talk again, Get out:evil: ) convoys to the coach park ;)

Craig
16th April 2005, 04:15 AM
No 8! ----after the recce I came straight home and went to bed....shattered (that is after having to go the centre of dunoon for cash and then miss the boat!)

Roll on the 29th May - it's going to be a MINI/mini adventure :D
Craig

lightbody
16th April 2005, 04:32 AM
The rest of the details of the run will be a surprise as usual though!!

seany
16th April 2005, 09:18 PM
are we meeting at Stirling before?

Craig
17th April 2005, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

The rest of the details of the run will be a surprise as usual though!!

Yes boss, sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry..;)

Craig
17th April 2005, 01:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

are we meeting at Stirling before?

I am sure some people will want to meet before we make our way out to balloch, not sure if I will be, as I might have other duties to do on the day....

phantom
17th April 2005, 04:02 AM
Who's for meeting at Dundee KFC

Duncan Stewart
18th April 2005, 05:04 AM

Excellent - ain't seen you & Una in ages

seany
18th April 2005, 02:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Excellent - ain't seen you & Una in ages

yeap

Crombers
20th April 2005, 08:51 PM
:cool: News of the event has today been published in the local (Dumbarton & Vale of Leven) paper (The Lennox).
Article was entered by Mninclan , GAJ , Heather , might you have been responsible for this ?

Smurf
21st April 2005, 01:08 AM
The whole of the (hardworking! ;)) Thistle Run committee (including Heather, me, lightbody, craigd and many others) is responsible for the press release.

Watch for it in a publication near you! :D

Crombers
21st April 2005, 09:16 PM
Well done to all you hard working guys & gals :approve:, quite a few people in my office noticed the article & asked if I was going to be on the run. I enthusiastically said would be indeed & hopefuly a good few will turn out to see us all off :cool:

Scottie
11th May 2005, 07:39 PM
is there any update anyone:question: it's just the last email dated 21/4/05 said there would be a update in the "next week or so".

It's just my e-mail has been down more times than up in the last couple of weeks and i'm worried I've missed something.:)

seany
11th May 2005, 11:03 PM
not yet fiona.

Smurf
12th May 2005, 01:28 AM
Don't worry - nothing missed.

It's going to be a FANTASTIC day out !! :D

Mini Me
16th May 2005, 05:04 AM
Help,numpty in distress......wangled the day off,joined the clan and can't find where to try and sneak ma name doon :eek::blackeye::(<if i hide at the back,nobody will notice>

p.s if i do manage to get ma name on the list, i'm bringing a 6yr old who is madder than everybody on here put together,none other than mini-minime;);)

lightbody
16th May 2005, 05:49 AM
Fully booked I'm afraid! (if you read the page carefully).

However you can still turn up on the day and get a 'day ticket' but this may be more limited than the full run pack that the pre-bookers will have received.

ELFMAN
18th May 2005, 03:49 AM
Any takers yet for Lanarkshire/Glasgow area convoy to Loch Lomond? Those rumours of me and the plague were pure tabloid speculation, nothing more!

I'm "Number 51". Shades of the "Prisoner" series....... One for all the pensioners out there.......

Smurf
18th May 2005, 04:16 AM
I'm afraid I'll need to be there WAY earlier than you guys!
Hope you find some takers for your convoy Euan.
A convoy to the start is a bit of a tradition!

lightbody
18th May 2005, 04:37 AM
I also need to be there rather early... you might want to post your mesage on the Clan forum too to see if anyone's up for a convoy?

Crombers
18th May 2005, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Any takers yet for Lanarkshire/Glasgow area convoy to Loch Lomond? Those rumours of me and the plague were pure tabloid speculation, nothing more!

Elfman , Could join your convoy at Dumbarton ;) (all five miles) to Balloch :cool:

phantom
21st May 2005, 04:11 AM
is anyone meeting in Dundee for a convoy

Scottie
21st May 2005, 04:49 AM
where @ Loch Lomand are we meeting and @ what time:question::)

and is there directions to get to the start point.:)

Scottie
21st May 2005, 04:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

i've never been to loch lomand shore no idea how to get there only ever been to duck day marina and stuff.:question:

Help i need info:D:p also never been on a thistle run before do you get anything through the post before hand to take with you that says you have already registered with your number on it or anything:question:

davesminis
21st May 2005, 06:51 AM
Where you leaving from? Think there might be a wee convoy going from Fife if thats anywhere near you or if you can join us on the way.

Dave

Scottie
21st May 2005, 08:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by davesminis

Where you leaving from? Think there might be a wee convoy going from Fife if thats anywhere near you or if you can join us on the way.

Dave

I'll be leaving from Stirling aera.

Craig
21st May 2005, 04:05 PM

i've never been to loch lomand shore no idea how to get there only ever been to duck day marina and stuff.:question:

Help i need info:D:p also never been on a thistle run before do you get anything through the post before hand to take with you that says you have already registered with your number on it or anything:question:

Fiona, you should have had a confirmation email with your run number on it. Just remember that if you can, but you are definately signed up (your registration number along with your name is also enough). How to get to Loch Lomond Shores? - couldn't be simplier. Head for one of your favourite eateries (the Hungry Monk in Gartocharn) and continue on towards Balloch. Go over the river (where all the boats are at the boat yard) still keeping to the main road. You will come to a large roundabout (you will see Mc Donalds on the other side of the roundabout to the right). Turn right here - there is also a caravan site down that road also. LLS is well signposted, you shouldn't have any problems. Any probs, give me a ring.

Craig

Craig
21st May 2005, 04:07 PM

there will be marshalls to direct you once you get to the entrance to loch lomond shores. Registration opens at 09:00hrs, first car leaves LLS at 11:00hrs.

Craig

Mini Me
21st May 2005, 04:45 PM
i have a good idea where it is Fe,leaving from falkirk so as long as i can get my clan up and oot fur that time,i could meet you :p

davesminis
21st May 2005, 05:32 PM
It is sign posted from Balloch, so if you can find balloch you shouldbe fine from there. From stirling think I would go A71

seany
21st May 2005, 06:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

could meet at Perth then on to Stirling:)

phantom
21st May 2005, 08:31 PM

Hi Seany, perfect, anyone else and what time :)

davesminis
21st May 2005, 09:01 PM
Just to check, think someone put up a post about a convoy from Fife. Is anyone going? Cant mind whether it was this site or the clan.

Dave

seany
22nd May 2005, 12:20 AM

Hi Seany, perfect, anyone else and what time :)

pass!!!! can any one elsa help???

Scottie
22nd May 2005, 03:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

i have a good idea where it is Fe,leaving from falkirk so as long as i can get my clan up and oot fur that time,i could meet you :p

Craig thanks know Balloch just wisnae sure where the meeting place was but sounds straight forward:)

got my cards through today:D:D Allan now has 5 days to polish both minis:evil:

Iain sounds like we could be meeting Seany @ Stirling Services is that ok for you:)

Mini Me
22nd May 2005, 03:36 AM
sounds good:p

Scottie
22nd May 2005, 05:17 PM

sounds good:p

So we have a Convoy. How dose that song go:p:cool:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Convoy.jpg

Smurf
26th May 2005, 08:38 PM
As printed in the Lennox (Dunbartonshire's local paper)...
Ê

The Lennox

Mini classic set to rev up into top gear
May 19 2005

By WILLIAM COCHRANE
Ê

LOCH Lomondside is set for its own Mini-adventure this month.

More than 150 Mini cars take the high road to Loch Lomond Shores on Sunday, May 29, for the start of 2005 Thistle Run, the flagship event of the Mini Clan Scotland, the countryÕs leading mini enthusiast club.

Based on the famous London to Brighton run, the event will travel from Loch Lomond Shores through the best of ScotlandÕs beautiful scenery and glens, up the Rest and Be Thankful and along the banks of Loch Fyne, to finish at Dunoon.

Participants will assemble at Loch Lomond Shores before forming a colourful cavalcade which will follow a route through the site and past Drumkinnon Tower. Cars from all over the UK and abroad are expected to take part in the spectacle, which mixes the nostalgic classic mini models with the new modern classics.

A Mini Clan Scotland spokesperson said: ÒThis is a wonderful day out for all the family.

ÒEveryone has seen the film ÔThe Italian JobÕ, and everyone knows someone who has owned and loved a Mini.Ó

Damon Scott, head of operations, marketing and events at Loch Lomond Shores, added: ÒWe are delighted to have this as part of the Loch Lomond Shores events programme.

ÒEveryone is really looking forward to hosting this unique event which will give visitors the opportunity to see the huge range of minis on display against the backdrop of Loch Lomond.Ó

Cars will begin to assemble from 10am before the cavalcade at 11am.

Full events information is available by phoning 0845 3454978 or visit the website at www.lochlomondshores.com

Crombers
27th May 2005, 01:06 AM

[quote]Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Fiona , what way are you coming through to Balloch , via Stirling Straights, Drymen, Gartocharn:question: If so I,ll meet you guys at the Hungry Monk , join in your convoy (for a wee ickle bit - 5 miles or so) & take you straight to Lomond Shores. What time do you think you will be passing the Hungry Monk:question:

Scottie
27th May 2005, 02:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

[quote]Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Fiona , what way are you coming through to Balloch , via Stirling Straights, Drymen, Gartocharn:question: If so I,ll meet you guys at the Hungry Monk , join in your convoy (for a wee ickle bit - 5 miles or so) & take you straight to Lomond Shores. What time do you think you will be passing the Hungry Monk:question:

no probs meet you at the Hungry Munk. Leaving Stirling for a about 8.30am I'm not sure how long it will take got to remember the police will be out on the dumbarton road.

so about 9.15am or there about.

Minime are you joining us.:question:

Mini Me
27th May 2005, 03:08 AM
thats a big 10/4,on the convoy:p

ELFMAN
27th May 2005, 10:17 PM
Hearing on Radio about fairly big delays caused by Roadworks somewhere in Balloch area.

Hopefully this won't affect us on Sunday, but worth keeping an eye (or ear) on, just in case. Maybe worth calculating a bit of extra journey time just in case there's a hold up.

Crombers
27th May 2005, 11:41 PM
Looking out to the Dumbarton to Balloch bypass as we speak & all is well. Works may be in Balloch or on the A82 Loch Lomond road but I was up that way last weekend & all was well

Fiona , emailed you with my mobile number for Sunday incase of any delays.

See y'all soon peeps :D

Scottie
28th May 2005, 02:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Looking out to the Dumbarton to Balloch bypass as we speak & all is well. Works may be in Balloch or on the A82 Loch Lomond road but I was up that way last weekend & all was well

Fiona , emailed you with my mobile number for Sunday incase of any delays.

See y'all soon peeps :D

I've sent you a pm with my moible no I'm on holiday so I will not get the e-mail:(

let me know you got it ok

Mini Me
28th May 2005, 05:29 PM
ma poor wains will get soaked in the cabrio if this rain doesn't go away :p...
the roof WILL be down !!!
Decided to go to the services tonight with the sleeping bags, so if you could just give ma window a little tap :p

Craig
28th May 2005, 06:32 PM
Don't worry folks, it was wet on the saturday last year and the weather on the sunday was toasting! it NEVER rains on the Thistle Run.;) (don't let me down now big man...)

Smurf
28th May 2005, 07:52 PM
The forecast for tomorrow looks fine.
<touches wood, crosses fingers and toes, and tries to find a magpie to say good morning to......>

Scottie
28th May 2005, 11:48 PM

ma poor wains will get soaked in the cabrio if this rain doesn't go away :p...
the roof WILL be down !!!
Decided to go to the services tonight with the sleeping bags, so if you could just give ma window a little tap :p

minime now I know your working hard for me the now obviously that hard your did not get much sleep last night it is NOT THE SERVICES it's KILDEAN MARKET we are meeting at.:D

Mini Me
29th May 2005, 12:28 AM
Eeehmmmm, oh eye ! :p

Craig
29th May 2005, 03:01 AM
just back from putting up signposts so none of you (Hopefully;)) get lost tommorrow. It was a bit wet! For your info there are 2 sets of roadworks on the way to balloch, the first is at the M9 overbridge just behind the castle and the second set is just after Gartocharn (it took me ten minutes to get through there this morning).

Can't wait, only just more than 12 hours to go!!!

Mini Me
29th May 2005, 07:20 AM
thats ma wee boy asleep,do you think he's excited :p

Craig
29th May 2005, 02:59 PM
WHAT DID I TELL YE!! - BLUE SKY AND SUNSHINE!!:cool::cool: YA DANCER!

another year of sunshine on the Thistle Run - see you all soon. :D

Mini Me
30th May 2005, 04:23 AM
Wow,what a day...:D:D:D
It was just fantastic,the whole family had a superb time,everything was so well organised,weather great(sunburnt ma heed tho):dead::disapprove:

Wee special thanks to Mr & Mrs Thorn for putting up with ma wains all day(they can be hard work),Cameron is usualy quite strange with new people as he know's poeple don't understand him, but you were both just great with him,i just wanted to let you know it's appreciated ;);)
And yes,he now want's to know why he cant get a pony,or a big spotty dog that eats it's on spew(how cool is that dad,why can't Kennedy do that).....cheers for that:evil:;)
I have just to sent the 2 cat's to heaven tomorrow :eek::blackeye:

Scottie
30th May 2005, 04:26 AM
top day can we have a Thistle run every Sunday.:D

Nice to catch up with Sean and Una.

Cameron certainly knows his minis:D and Kennedy is a wee cutie.:DThey must take after their mum Minime;)

Craig
30th May 2005, 04:42 AM
What can I say - dropped in the deep end again, hopefully it all turned out OK. I have had an absolute blast!:D

Weather was fantastic for most of the day especially at Dunoon. Met some really nice folk and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Just going to have a beer and relax before work tommorrow.:D

Thanks to everyone who turned up, especially those who travelled such a long way (Sean and Una...). You are the people who make the run.

Cheers

Wee Tired Craig ;)

Mini Me
30th May 2005, 05:28 AM
get pished chap,you deserve it.......
There should be a new prize next year tho,for most shat in cabrio by seaguls !!!:pbuggers:mad::(:disapprove:

You said roof down :eek::blackeye::p

phantom
30th May 2005, 05:56 AM
Superb day, Craig you are the Man, well done :D:D:D

ELFMAN
30th May 2005, 06:41 AM
Craig, Rob and all the MiniClanners who put the Thistle Run together - take a bow! (But mind those kilts with the breeze....)

A great day (again), and what a brilliant collection of Minis/MINIS AND sunshine! My head is now 'Works' red, and the same temperature as my exhaust - used about a gallon of 'After-Sun' so far, but it's really hard to drink the stuff.

Nice to see some folks I hadn't seen for a while - and some I've seen recently. We dived off after the 'New MINI' awards when we saw the ferry coming in and panicked. After much revving and tooting cheerio to you, we got to the queue, to be told right away by the CalMac guy that it was the WRONG FERRY (Should have looked at the tickets, eejit). So we drove back and got on the proper one. DOH! Sunstroke.

Nice run back to Glasgow behind Flick, Davidson and a wee bronze Mini. All's well that ends well.

FAB day, see you all soon.

davesminis
30th May 2005, 07:42 AM
TR 6 was excellent. Big thanks to organisers, sponsers and western ferries. Weather was great and Kimmy enjoyed then run. Got home and cleaned her up, she would have won dirtiest car on the run if that had been a category. Fantastic route! Nice to meet some people and put a face to those names!
see you all next year!

Dave

Crombers
30th May 2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks to all organisers for a superb day out. From the minute we started to gather at Loch Lomond Shores til I waved off Fiona & Allan back at Balloch , what a day :cool::D:) (great to get that wee Polo back eh Allan?). Good to meet up with all whom I spoke to , some well kent faces (Fiona Allan , Iain , Heather Gary & Euan & obviously a few new (Craig , Sean Una & the Broon Clan - Cameron for his big smile seeing all the cars & Kennedy for trying to stick her finger up Archies nose). Best bit of the day had to be following the Innocenti Mini having turned off the Rest & Be Thankfull. With the two of us hitting the twistes there was a little spirited driving going on. On one bend the the little thing lost it & ended up just ever so slightly off track!!
Superb driving skills from the driver :approve: & when I spoke to the passenger at Dunoon he had all but recovered too.
FAB DAY OUT , CHEERS GUYS :approve:

lightbody
30th May 2005, 06:04 PM
What a fantastic day. Lots of people helped and without them it just wouldn't have gone so smoothly. The police in Dunoon were fantastic too (except when they forgot we were to have a cavalcade round the town centre!)

Craig - all your signs were down by about 9pm last night but did you HAVE to put some of them 8 feet up the lampost!?!? You must be taller than you look!!

Having not had the chance to do the run itself, my drive home was WONDERFUL - the roads were deserted and I did the route in reverse. The scenery was spectacular and my induction kit was roaring its head off (Depsite the fact my loadspace was crammed full with Gazebo, a Mini seat, and tons of other stuff).

The ferries were ever 15 minutes or so until 10:30pm ... I don't know why everyone was in such a rush to leave on a beautiful sunny bank holiday in a seaside town!

My head is burned... and we leave for the IMM in Spain tomorrow... and yes I'm taking the kilt with me! Unpack Thistle Run stuff... repack for Spain...

Smurf
30th May 2005, 11:59 PM
We had a fantastic day too! Spent 3 hours in the bookshop dealing with Registration, and then emerged like moles into the sunshine to see MANY minis!! Where did they all come from? :I I was asked to take the Radio presenter in the cavalcade, so we tagged on the end. LONG before we left the car park, the train and piper had appeared behind us!

We waited for the one poor sod who broke down at the start, didn't leave that long after all the rest, but ended up having our own wee Thistle Run - our two cars, the now fixed one from the start, and the AA man, George! :cool: Caught up with Sue, Mick and Murph, and two other cars for the last part of the run from Strachur - that felt a bit more like it.

Made it to Dunoon by the skin of our teeth for the cavalcade. Punted the Polis mowta out of the way, grabbed a mug and legged it again! :D

After finding loos and food in Dunoon (desperate for both by this point!), relaxed a bit, and really enjoyed the sunny afternoon, looking at all the fantastic machinery on show. Archie won tackiest accessory for his Orville the Navigator! Cool ! :cool:

The ferry journey home was a blast too!

We know how much hard work went into organising it all, it was a fantastic day, THANK YOU to all the organisers, other helpers, etc - you really deserve a HUGE pat on the back. :D

Vaila, Archie, Smurf and Orville.

lightbody
31st May 2005, 12:50 AM
Oh... and thanks to all who gave me a cheery wave as i cowered under my umbrella at the top of the narrow Glen Douglas road!

Craig
31st May 2005, 12:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

What a fantastic day. Lots of people helped and without them it just wouldn't have gone so smoothly. The police in Dunoon were fantastic too (except when they forgot we were to have a cavalcade round the town centre!)

Craig - all your signs were down by about 9pm last night but did you HAVE to put some of them 8 feet up the lampost!?!? You must be taller than you look!!

Having not had the chance to do the run itself, my drive home was WONDERFUL - the roads were deserted and I did the route in reverse. The scenery was spectacular and my induction kit was roaring its head off (Depsite the fact my loadspace was crammed full with Gazebo, a Mini seat, and tons of other stuff).

The ferries were ever 15 minutes or so until 10:30pm ... I don't know why everyone was in such a rush to leave on a beautiful sunny bank holiday in a seaside town!

My head is burned... and we leave for the IMM in Spain tomorrow... and yes I'm taking the kilt with me! Unpack Thistle Run stuff... repack for Spain...

The reason for some being that high was if I put them further down, I would have needed more cable ties and have to have run 100m back to the car in torrential rain to get them, so I just pushed them up a bit. Forgot about the smaller person who would have to take them down again.:D

Enjoy your trip to Spain, safe journey and remember the photos of the coo. sent you a pm with ma mobile number for the piccies.

Craig

Heather
31st May 2005, 05:34 AM
A big thanks should go to our friend and sponser, Iain who gave so much to go into run packs and towards prizes, including a big prize to the best car of the run.
Thank you very much from all the committee at the Mini Clan.
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/minime.jpg

GAJ
31st May 2005, 05:43 AM
Seconded! :D Thanks again Iain, and thanks for your words of wisdom regarding the judging!

I'd like to add my thanks to all that contributed to making the day such a success. Well done! Nice work!:p

Mini Me
31st May 2005, 06:06 AM
aw shucks:I it was my pleasure,cannae wait to do it again ;)
Can someone please edit that photo,and put some hair on ma napper:eek::p

Gaj, words of wisdom ?, i sell car's mate.All my words are bollocks...:evil:;)
iv'e a reputation to keep ;););)

GAJ
31st May 2005, 06:36 AM
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/minimehair.jpg

lightbody
31st May 2005, 07:53 AM
LOL!!!!

Thirded by Me!!!

Thats nearly as good as the afro wig some guy had entered into the tackiest accessory...

Clare1
31st May 2005, 10:56 PM
I love it!! That is the best thing ive seen all day!!!!

YEEESSSS pure Quality! ;0)

Mini Me
1st June 2005, 03:49 AM
Bloody hell,i was only kidding....that looks wierd :I:cool:
cheers Gaj.;)

Duncan Stewart
1st June 2005, 04:41 AM
Superb run! great route and a mixture of minis of all ages. Good to catch up with loads of folks again. Mega thanks to all the organisers.
We are just back now from staying on a few days in the west coast - great fun bombing around over there in my wee classic the last few days :D