PDA

View Full Version : Heart Of The Borders Run - Sun 4th September 2005

AndyP & Lenore
14th March 2005, 04:32 AM
Taking the plunge!!!!

Who's up for some merry jaunting around some of the best Scottish Borders roads? Starting and ending in the central Borders, and taking in some of our favourite MINI friendly roads.

Don't worry, it'll be different roads to Calum's excellent (March) route.

Date: Sunday 4th September 2005.

RUN NOTES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD HERE. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/borders-09-05.pdf) I'll have some to hand out on the day for those who don't have them.

UPDATE: 25th JUNE 2005 - Lunch organised at Abbotsford Arms Hotel, comprising a Hot Buffet Lunch with the usual fayre;
Sandwiches
Sausage Rolls
Vol-au-vents
Chicken Pieces
Lamb Samosas
Pakora with spicy tomato dip
Spicy chicken wings
Peanuts & nachos

All for the paltry sum of £5.95 per person.

We think this is a great deal and from past experience the food at the Abbotsford is excellent.

Could all runners please indicate their intention to eat at the "Ab" (including the number of eaters) or otherwise?

UPDATE: 21st August 2005.

Final recce completed today. Some great roads on the route.

Could everyone who has not yet confirmed LUNCH please confirm as soon as possible so I can get final numbers to the Abbotsford Arms. For meal details, please see above text in yellow. I will need to provide final numbers around Wednesday 31st / Thursday 1st. Lunch confirmations after this date may not be possible ;)

Those runners down as "maybes" could you also confirm if you will be joining us on the run....TA!:D

More runners welcome.... anyone else fancy a run in the Scottish Borders?

1: AndyP & Lenore + LUNCH
2: Neil & Lorna + LUNCH
3: Weefossy & Siobahn + LUNCH
4: ScottieCoop + LUNCH for 2
5: Crombers + LUNCH
6: CraigD & Jude + LUNCH
7: Jeff (maybe)
8: Duncan Stewart + LUNCH for 2
9: Claire + LUNCH (possibly for 2)
10: MarkyC + LUNCH for 2
11: Sara & Craig + LUNCH
12: Roadrunner + LUNCH for 2
13: Wefozzy Jnr + LUNCH for 2
15: johnsop1 + LUNCH for 2

Heather
14th March 2005, 04:37 AM
Ohh forward planning! Stick me down for this one:D

duncan
14th March 2005, 04:39 AM
Its my Sunday off, so thats a yes for me!

Scottie
14th March 2005, 05:39 AM
can I be a maybe please.

weefossy
14th March 2005, 06:21 AM
Andy, put Sioban and I down please

hogg88
14th March 2005, 07:12 AM
Andy. Sounds good, put me down for this run :)

Duncan Stewart
14th March 2005, 05:29 PM
I would love to come but canny make that date :(, Enjoy yourselves :D

Gismo
14th March 2005, 06:35 PM
Can only say that if i'm home i will attend :)

Wul
14th March 2005, 06:41 PM
Sorry guys - on me holidays then!

Gismo
14th March 2005, 06:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
Sorry guys - on me holidays then!
Almost thought you were gonna attend there Wul, nice one ;)

Crombers
14th March 2005, 06:44 PM
Oh yes please :cool:

davesminis
14th March 2005, 08:00 PM
Stick me down as a maybe, I will be there if I am not working.

Dave

eddie 44
14th March 2005, 09:21 PM
if i am not working ....:)

phantom
15th March 2005, 12:31 AM
Put me down as a hopefull, but depends on where I'm at :)

Craig
15th March 2005, 01:56 AM
AYE - will double check the date with the boss, but should be fine.

Craig

Gismo
16th March 2005, 12:16 AM
Please remove me from the run

ELFMAN
16th March 2005, 05:31 PM
Put me down (BANG!) for this one - but I'll probably forget.......searches for Werthers Originals and slippers....

Jeff
17th March 2005, 06:55 PM
I'll be a maybe as well, September is way too far ahead for me to plan anything!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
17th March 2005, 07:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jeff

September is way too far ahead for me to plan anything!!!!

True. But then it gives you loads of time to plan your every move around that date to guarantee you will be able to make the run. :D:D:D

I'll tick you down as a maybe.

AndyP

ELFMAN
26th March 2005, 12:43 AM
Andy - I spoke too soon! I've just had to alter my Summer holiday for reasons far too boring to go into here, and now I'll be driving home from Mull on 4th Sept. Sorry to let you down.

Y'all have a good, safe run, Y'hear?

ianking
18th April 2005, 12:29 AM
Yes put me down for that. You can show me some of the roads in the borders that I might not know. Will you be asking dunedin if you can have a meeting place at their showroom. Its always good for business for them and the mini guy Ali seems very helpfull.

AndyP & Lenore
18th April 2005, 02:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Yes put me down for that. You can show me some of the roads in the borders that I might not know. Will you be asking dunedin if you can have a meeting place at their showroom. Its always good for business for them and the mini guy Ali seems very helpfull.

Hi Ian

Welcome aboard. Not sure if we will be meeting at Dunedin or not.
We will give you a shout a couple of weeks before when we are doing the recce and if you are interested you can come along.

ianking
25th April 2005, 02:22 AM
Thats good. If all goes well for me this week with a change of career then I think I will be making a trip to Selkirk to see about changing the mini to a cooper S. Hopefully will have an S in time for your run. How long did Selkirk take to get your car from order to delivery.

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2005, 12:45 AM

Thats good. If all goes well for me this week with a change of career then I think I will be making a trip to Selkirk to see about changing the mini to a cooper S. Hopefully will have an S in time for your run. How long did Selkirk take to get your car from order to delivery.

Hi Ian,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you I have just got back of holiday.

We ordered our MCS in November and picked it up on March 1st.

The car arrived at dealer 2 days before we picked it up (cutting it a bit fine) but we were told it was probably delayed because it is an auto.

claire
3rd May 2005, 05:08 AM
count me in too please sounds good, may be my first mini adventure with all of you-i'm looking forward to it.:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd May 2005, 07:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by claire

count me in too please sounds good, may be my first mini adventure with all of you-i'm looking forward to it.:cool:

Welcome aboard Claire and welcome to NMS. :D

Borrisimo
8th May 2005, 05:48 AM
Add me to the list too plz.....can't wait to salt up my mini in the borders again lol

Gismo
10th May 2005, 03:06 AM
It would be embarrasing not to put my name down for this now, so, count me in providing i'm not offshore :)

markyc
6th June 2005, 05:12 AM
MarkyC is an AYE It's nice to back on NMS, just got computer fixed (thanks Craigd) Sounds like another great day :p:D:p

saraandcraig
25th June 2005, 06:06 PM
the 2 new-comers to the sight would love to join you for the run in the little yellow car, J4UDG. please e-mail to sarabean_83@hotmail.com. thanks, Sara & Craig

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2005, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by saraandcraig

the 2 new-comers to the sight would love to join you for the run in the little yellow car, J4UDG. please e-mail to sarabean_83@hotmail.com. thanks, Sara & Craig

Welcome to the run to the two of you. Going to do a bit of work on the eating plans this weekend... look out for more info on Sat / Sun night.

AndyP

saraandcraig
26th June 2005, 05:21 PM
you can put us down for lunch at the abb, kills two birds with one stone it's sara's birthday that day so all tell her thats her treat!!

Craig
26th June 2005, 05:40 PM
Andy - stick us down for lunch also.

pakora mmmmmmmmm :approve:

Craig and Jude;)

Crombers
27th June 2005, 08:32 PM
Me for eats as well :approve:

markyc
28th June 2005, 07:51 AM
Andy, Lunch for me to. Sounds fair braw :p Better be quick of the mark though CraigD and pakora are a wicked match :eek:;) Better order a couple of servings to be safe :D:approve:;)

AndyP & Lenore
28th June 2005, 07:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Andy, Lunch for me to. Sounds fair braw :p Better be quick of the mark though CraigD and pakora are a wicked match :eek:;) Better order a couple of servings to be safe :D:approve:;)

Cheers Mark,

Is it just you eating or will you have company?

AndyP

Craig
28th June 2005, 02:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Cheers Mark,

Is it just you eating or will you have company?

AndyP

it will most probably be him on his own - he's no got very many mates.... ;) (that's for the pakora comment) :D

Gismo
28th June 2005, 04:03 PM
Put me down for eating please :p i may also have a passenger ;)

Craig
30th June 2005, 03:03 PM
MarkyC has asked me to reply on his behalf. He says he will most likely have a passanger with him (who would be eating..);), but he will let you know asap. (after a check of shifts etc.)

Craig:D

weefossy
5th July 2005, 05:42 AM
Food and "Tea for Two" please

ianking
15th July 2005, 04:32 AM
hi. Im still up for the run and put me down for lunch for 2.

Scottie
31st July 2005, 05:57 AM
h'mmmmmmmmm

wonder how I missed putting my name down:I

Nevermind please add
Fiona @ Allan plus lunch
only 1 Mini unless Minime can do a miracle :D

edited to say oops it is down:I but can you change me from maybe to defo.

ianking
1st August 2005, 08:51 PM
BAD NEWS GUYS !!!!

the good news is I got my big career move now that ive finished uni. However the bad news is that I now have to drive on average 80 miles a day so it was thought best to change to a diesel car. Sadly I have traded the mini in for a BMW 120 d sport, which is nice but its not a mini. Sadly i will not be able to attend unless i borrow a mini from somewhere but i will be at scottish mini weekend with my classic so i hope to speak to you then.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2005, 03:09 AM

BAD NEWS GUYS !!!!

the good news is I got my big career move now that ive finished uni. However the bad news is that I now have to drive on average 80 miles a day so it was thought best to change to a diesel car. Sadly I have traded the mini in for a BMW 120 d sport, which is nice but its not a mini. Sadly i will not be able to attend unless i borrow a mini from somewhere but i will be at scottish mini weekend with my classic so i hope to speak to you then.

Good news about the job, bad news about the run though.

Good luck with the new job.:)

hogg88
4th August 2005, 07:56 AM
Can you add Hyperflick as my Co-driver :p

Could you also put us both down for lunch please :D

AndyP & Lenore
4th August 2005, 08:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by hogg88

Can you add Hyperflick as my Co-driver :p

Could you also put us both down for lunch please :D

Nae probs!:D

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2005, 08:46 AM
Carried out a recce of the route today, making all the notes and timings etc.

Took the opportunity to take a couple of piccies, which are presented for your viewing pleasure. We've got loads of different road types on the route, from the single track - "sh*twhattchthatfrikkensheep!!" to some quiet and open A roads. Lookin' forward to this one.

AndyP & Lenore.

http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/picture.jpghttp://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/picture2.jpg
http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/picture3b.jpghttp://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/picture4.jpg

roadrunner
15th August 2005, 07:02 AM
Can you put me down for this one to. Also lunch for 2 people,

Cheers RR

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2005, 08:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by roadrunner

Can you put me down for this one to. Also lunch for 2 people,

Cheers RR

Delighted to...

Welcome on board.:D

hyperflick
18th August 2005, 02:44 AM
Hi Andy... you may want to take Borrisimo off your list as I believe his Mini and him parted...<ouch!>:disapprove::dead::(

Roadrunner....will be good to see you again on this one but try and keep up this time eh?.....TEE HEE....:D:D:D:D

roadrunner
18th August 2005, 06:30 PM
Hyperflik,

Yeah, looking forward to another good run, Also, yes your right, thanks for telling everyone, still not use to this driving thing yet.Anyway, if you ask nice, I might show you what happened with the Motorcycles on the A819 Dalmally to Iveraray road, just make sure all your food's gone down before watching....Beep,Beep:D:D

RoadRunner

Duncan Stewart
19th August 2005, 03:26 AM
Good news! :p A change of plans now means Helen and I will be able to attend the run :D
Can you please add DuncanS and Helen - lunch for 2
Cheers

Neil and Lorna
19th August 2005, 03:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Good news! :p A change of plans now means Helen and I will be able to attend the run :D
Cheers

Hi Duncan Andys having probs with his pc just now he'll update the list as soon as hes back.

Good to have you on board.

Neil & Lorna

AndyP & Lenore
19th August 2005, 06:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil

quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Cheers

Hi Duncan Andys having probs with his pc just now he'll update the list as soon as hes back.

Good to have you on board.

Neil & Lorna

Remember that Laptop I bought 5 years ago, the one that was slow as a snale when I bought it? Well, it's still slow as a snale but at least I can get on the web with it. Although it's a celeron processor running at 900mhz with 128mb ram and I have my 2MB broadband modem hooked up to it. It's a surreal experience!

Neil and Lorna
19th August 2005, 06:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:

Remember that Laptop I bought 5 years ago,

NO :I

I am from barcelona.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2005, 07:44 AM
Main page updated, with an update - obviously.:D

Click here - it's quicker! (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4055)

phantom
23rd August 2005, 01:27 AM
sorry just found out this weekend I'll be in Sheffield again, so cant make the run :(

AndyP & Lenore
23rd August 2005, 02:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

sorry just found out this weekend I'll be in Sheffield again, so cant make the run :(

No problem. Thanks for letting us know.

AndyP

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd August 2005, 06:19 PM
RUN NOTES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD HERE. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/borders-09-05.pdf)

Scottie
23rd August 2005, 06:43 PM
so are we meeting up @ Stirling then Edinburgh to go down to Selkirk:question:

Craig
24th August 2005, 01:25 AM
I'm up for that Fiona, need to be in Selkirk for 10, so I think it will take over an hour to get to Selkirk (someone correct me If I wrong;)), so probably meet at 08:30 at Stirling ? ? ?:D

Craig

AndyP & Lenore
24th August 2005, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

I'm up for that Fiona, need to be in Selkirk for 10, so I think it will take over an hour to get to Selkirk (someone correct me If I wrong;)), so probably meet at 08:30 at Stirling ? ? ?:D

Craig

Craig,

Depends on how you're driving:D We made it from our house (10 mins north of Selkirk) to Stirling in 1hr 10mins. But let's just say I'm glad there wasn't any plod arround:D

To be safe, I'd allow 1hr 20 to 1hr 30 mins mins - ish.

Also, when we were coming up to Stirling for your run we were going uphill, and as you're all coming down from Stirling, you'll be going downhill:D Makes a difference:D:D

AndyP

hogg88
25th August 2005, 08:15 PM
:( Sorry !!!! But i am not going to be able to make this run now due to work commitments. :(

I wish you all the best for your run and hope the weather is good :)

Hope to see you soon :)

AndyP & Lenore
25th August 2005, 09:40 PM

:( Sorry !!!! But i am not going to be able to make this run now due to work commitments. :(

I wish you all the best for your run and hope the weather is good :)

Hope to see you soon :)

No problem Dave. Thanks for letting me know.

Is Flick able to make it in her own Mini?

AndyP

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2005, 06:21 PM
Only a week to go!

Still need a response from the following please:

Could everyone with Maybes after their name on the list and everyone who hasn't yet confirmed if they are lunching with us, please confirm one way or the other.:question:

Run notes available for download on the main page.

Thanks all.:D

AndyP

hogg88
28th August 2005, 07:46 PM
:( Sorry Andy, i don't think Flick's going to make it either. :(

eddie 44
28th August 2005, 09:00 PM
sorry can,t make this........ :( having to work...:(

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2005, 10:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by eddie 44

sorry can,t make this........ :( having to work...:(

:( Sorry Andy, i don't think Flick's going to make it either. :(

No problem guys. Thanks for letting us know.

AndyP

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2005, 07:30 AM
Everybody peeps...:eek: I need to confirm numbers for LUNCH on Wednesday 31st.:D

Still need confirmations (or declines) for lunch from the following:

Jeff:question:
Borrisimo:question:

Could the peeps listed above please let me know as soon as possible by posting here or by email, to let me know whether or not you will be joining us for lunch.

Cheers.

Gismo
30th August 2005, 05:07 PM
Andy, sorry mate, i ain't gonna manage your run :(

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2005, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Andy, sorry mate, i ain't gonna manage your run :(

No problem:(, thanks for letting me know.:)

Scottie
31st August 2005, 12:34 AM

Craig

So is this a defo for meeting you mark and whoever at Stirling for 8.30am :)

Who knows where Dunedin in Selkirk is. :question:

duncan
31st August 2005, 03:41 AM
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to pull out of this one too. Change of dates for my Holidays.

Craig
31st August 2005, 06:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Craig

Fiona - looks like we will leave at 08:15 hrs to give us enough time. i'll get directions from Andy

Scottie
31st August 2005, 06:48 AM

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Craig

Fiona - looks like we will leave at 08:15 hrs to give us enough time. i'll get directions from Andy

ok:)

GAJ
31st August 2005, 06:57 AM
Been holding off making the decision but we won't be able to make it; sorry!:(

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2005, 07:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Been holding off making the decision but we won't be able to make it; sorry!:(

Sorry to hear that Gaj:(. I know heather in particular was looking forward to a Borders Run:(. Holy Island maybe.....:)

AndyP

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2005, 07:50 AM

Dunedin is real easy to find;
Go down the A7 heading towards Galashiels.
Go through Galashiels following the signs for A7 "Selkirk" & "Carlisle".
When you get to the first main roundabout outside Galashiels (Kingsknowes Roundabout), take the second exit SP: A7 "Selkirk", "Carlisle".
Just after you pass the "40mph" signs on the outskirts of Selkirk, Dunedin is on the right. Turn first right, then right again, then second right to get into the dealership.

Our arrival is expected and they are coming in early to open up so we can use the toilets.

If anyone has any questions or problems, I'll do my best to help. If you're lost on the day give me a call on my mobile (the number is on the route notes).

AndyP

claire
1st September 2005, 06:48 AM
hiya sorry not been in touch sooner i would still love to come if its not too late?

can i just ask where/what time you are meeting in Stirling as it would be great if i could meet up there too.

i think i'll be on my own but will confirm tomorrow night, if i'll too late to book lunch by then its cool, trying to loose weight anyway. LOL

Craig
1st September 2005, 06:55 AM
Claire, we are meeting at Moto services at Stirling (J9 of the M9). Ask if you need directions ;). We are meeting at 08:15hrs as Mr P wants us down in the Borders for 10:00:eek:

Will this be your first run? Good you have you on board, I'm sure Andy can get you a space at the dinner table ;):D

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2005, 07:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by claire
hiya sorry not been in touch sooner i would still love to come if its not too late?

can i just ask where/what time you are meeting in Stirling as it would be great if i could meet up there too.

i think i'll be on my own but will confirm tomorrow night, if i'll too late to book lunch by then its cool, trying to loose weight anyway. LOL

Well done Claire:D Good to see you still joining us:D

You're still in time to book for lunch. As soon as you know if it's one two for lunch, let me know. TA!:D

See you Sunday.:D

AndyP

weefossy
2nd September 2005, 06:40 AM
Andy, can you add Nellie, Weefozzy jnr, to the list and add " 2 for Tea" if there are spaces available.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd September 2005, 06:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Andy, can you add Nellie, Weefozzy jnr, to the list and add " 2 for Tea" if there are spaces available.

No problem!:D

Forgive my ignorance but is that "Nellie", otherwise known as "Weefossy Jnr"? Or "Nellie" AND "Weefossy Jnr"?

All I really need to know is how many mouths are eating?:D

AndyP

weefozzy Jr
2nd September 2005, 07:35 AM
hey no nellie is weefozzy jr ( or me lol) thats what the OLD's call me. i would say book two places incase the wee sis wants to come or i pick someone up on the way lol. cant wait for the run as new mod's are on and a complete rear interior change.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd September 2005, 07:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefozzy Jr

hey no nellie is weefozzy jr ( or me lol) thats what the OLD's call me. i would say book two places incase the wee sis wants to come or i pick someone up on the way lol. cant wait for the run as new mod's are on and a complete rear interior change.

Cool!:D

No problem! Sorry for being a numpty-head.;)

I'll book you in for two for lunch.:D

AndyP

Crombers
2nd September 2005, 06:07 PM

Claire, we are meeting at Moto services at Stirling (J9 of the M9). Ask if you need directions ;). We are meeting at 08:15hrs as Mr P wants us down in the Borders for 10:00:eek:

Will this be your first run? Good you have you on board, I'm sure Andy can get you a space at the dinner table ;):D

OK folks , was sleeping on this one. Meet you guys 8.15 Stirling :cool::p

AndyP & Lenore
2nd September 2005, 08:21 PM
Just checked the weather forecast for Sunday and it looks like the sun will have his hat on.:D:D

johnsop1
3rd September 2005, 01:11 AM
Hi Would like to come - live in Stow anyway :)

Paul

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2005, 01:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by johnsop1

Hi Would like to come - live in Stow anyway :)

Paul

Hi Paul! Welcome to the family! You're more than welcome to come on the run.:D:D

I'll need to add you to the LUNCH list as soon as possible so can you reply ASAP saying if you want to book lunch and how many it is for.

Lenore and I go through Stow all the time en-route to Edinburgh, may even have seen you. :D

Cheers.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2005, 01:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

OK folks , was sleeping on this one. Meet you guys 8.15 Stirling :cool::p

Crombers, I have you down as ONE for lunch? Is this still the case or will you have company?

AndyP

Monsta Mo Mini
3rd September 2005, 04:51 AM
Andy - I don't think Borrisimo even has MINI anymore.

Those that are going - hope you have a great day and take care.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2005, 05:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Andy - I don't think Borrisimo even has MINI anymore.

Those that are going - hope you have a great day and take care.

Calum, Flick said as much a few posts ago. I sent him a PM but didn't want to take his name off the list without him replying or posting. Just in case he was coming in someone else's MINI.

However, taking into account the lack of contact I guess I can remove him.

Anyone know anything about "Jeff?" He hasn't replied to postings here or my PM either???

AndyP

johnsop1
3rd September 2005, 04:17 PM
Hi

If still possible would like 2 lunches

Paul

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2005, 05:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by johnsop1

Hi

If still possible would like 2 lunches

Paul

Hi Paul,

Pretty sure that will be ok.

AndyP

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2005, 11:23 PM
Last minute info on fuel.

Although the run isn't huge you may want to fill up before the start of the run.

Galashiels has an Esso garage which you will drive past on the A7 on the way to Selkirk.

The nearest Shell (for Optimax users) is in Gorebridge, again on the A7 just south of Edinburgh.

If your looking for BP, Ettrickside Garage is at the southern end of Selkirk on the A7, but we're not sure if they sell Ultimate or not. Tried contacting them but there's no answer.

AndyP

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2005, 02:30 AM
As luck would have it we're home first! And first to upload some pics. Even beat Duncan Stewart:D

Enjoy.

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16506/68613.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16506/68614.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16506/68615.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16506/68616.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16506/68880.jpg

saraandcraig
5th September 2005, 04:36 AM
you don't hang around getting photos on eh? brilliant day sara had a great birthday trying to beat the laws of pyhsics in every corner and eating cake! can't wait until holy Island.

Duncan Stewart
5th September 2005, 04:45 AM
What a great day out :D Huge thanks to Andy, Lenore, Neil & Lorna for organising a superb run and fab weather ;)
Excellent lunch and nice to have a drink and chat at the end of the run.
Also thanks to Dunedin Mini in Selkirk for their generosity in providing goodie bags
Photies below
The runners at the start
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931964.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931970.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931959.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931921.jpg
A friendy classic owner came along to look at our Minis to help him chose which spec he should buy :D I wanted his 1380 engine ;)
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931967.jpg
The latest Mini fashion accessory - a bunnet
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931954.jpg
The mission briefing
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931949.jpg
Fantastic scenery and roads
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931922.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931928.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931945.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931936.jpg
Lunchtime Stop
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931931.jpg
Very hot day!! :cool: (a little photoshop there just to make it readable, not fiddle the figure :eek:)
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931940.jpg
The group photo
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/110931942.jpg
:D The End :D

markyc
5th September 2005, 04:46 AM
Well what a day, that was FABBY DOOZY :D:D Just spent the last 1.5hrs cleaning off all the 'little friends' :evil::evil::evil: i picked up whilst zooming along those BRILLIANT roads :p:) Well done guys, had a blast today. Great route, lunch was fair braw ;) and the weather -well it was ROASTIN!! :cool::cool: Could've sat in that last hotel beer garden for hours and hours quite easily :clown::eek::p

Thanks also to Dunedin MINI for our wee goody bags, top stuff ;):D

Crombers are you there - did you mange home ok??? ;)

Scottie
5th September 2005, 06:05 AM
removed photos as they are now something else

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2005, 06:13 AM

Just spent the last 1.5hrs cleaning off all the 'little friends' :evil::evil::evil: i picked up whilst zooming along those BRILLIANT roads :p:)

Tell us about it. There were a lot of bugs on the second half of the run and obviously the speed we were doing had nothing to do with it.:p;):D

markyc
5th September 2005, 06:55 AM
We weren't going that fast were we.........:question::evil::question:

:eek::evil::eek::D;)

Wished i could've bottled the sound of ScottieCoop when we left Kelso and went a wee bit faster sweet sweet sweet :D:D:D

roadrunner
5th September 2005, 04:14 PM
What a fantastic day out, great company and great roads, including coming out of Gala over the humpbacks, at least I know how to get over a 6ft hedge in a car now :D:D:evil:.
Many thanks to andy/lenore/neil and lorna for putting a great route together and of course booking the weather.

Crombers
5th September 2005, 05:49 PM
Could've sat in that last hotel beer garden for hours and hours quite easily :clown::eek::p

Crombers are you there - did you mange home ok??? ;)

All is well chief , directions from J10 were braw :approve: & that beer garden was well brill :cool:

Car is still manky but then again this is not an unusual occurence after another BRILLIANT run. Thanks again to Andy Lenore Neil & Lorna for a great day & ta too for speaking to the big chap beforehand for the stunning weather. Thanks also to your resident dealer for the goody bag , nice touch. Roads were brill & the last section was pure Cullen(esque) in driving not so slowly(ish) :approve:

Craig
5th September 2005, 07:22 PM
Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna, what more can I say - it was nearly as good as my run....;) only kidding. FANTASTIC!:D:D. The borders keeps getting better and better. Knottie is now FULLY run in and MarkyC you will be glad to here that he is shining again after spending 3 hours cleaning last night (judes motor had to get done first though :()

Top Marks to Dunedin MINI (Not BMW eh Andy??) for the freebies, helped soften the blow when I got home...

A bit pee'd off I'll miss the Holy Island run - bring on Oxford.

See you all again soon..

Craig :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2005, 07:25 PM
Many thanks to everyone for the kind words posted here and on the day. We all had a blast, and it is encouraging to know you all enjoyed the day too.:D

Some fine pics being posted here too.... wow!:D

Thanks again,;)

AndyP & Lenore
Neil & Lorna

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2005, 07:30 PM

...what more can I say - it was nearly as good as my run....;)

****coughscoughsourswasbettercoughscoughs**** :D:D:D

Seriously though... thank you. Very kind words indeed.

AndyP

weefossy
6th September 2005, 07:00 AM
What a great day! Thanks guys for organising such a super run and for Dunedins' kind gifts. Some magic roads that "seemed" quite fast;) Not fast enough though to loose ones "Bunnet":cool:8)
Hogg, you missed a great day for going "topless"...28c+
It's too late tonight, but I will try and upload some of Claire's photos tomorrow. Roll on Holy Island

hogg88
6th September 2005, 07:45 PM
:(
quote:Hogg, you missed a great day for going "topless"...28c+

Thats it, just rub it in :D Stuck offshore due to weather :(

I will be taking a copy of the run notes and doing the run myself when i get home, glad you all had a good time. :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th September 2005, 04:29 AM

:(
quote:Hogg, you missed a great day for going "topless"...28c+

Thats it, just rub it in :D Stuck offshore due to weather :(

I will be taking a copy of the run notes and doing the run myself when i get home, glad you all had a good time. :D

Hogg, if your interested, give us a shout when you plan to do the run and if you like we'd love to join you.

Of course, this message is being typed while poor Mr P has some sort of "man flu" and is sporting his very own fever of 103.5 deg C so common sense and informed decisions are not applicable.

AndyP

weefossy
7th September 2005, 06:37 AM
At last, i have managed to upload some of Claire's pictures. Thanks again for a great run. It was nice to see the borders and see how the "other half" live.

The start
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/68776.jpg
In the Hills
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/68778.jpg
Capt Scarlet's Chuck Wagon
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/68773.jpg
Nice Bridge, Nice Car, Nice People
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/68774.jpg
Andy & Lenore's House
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/68777.jpg
Neil & Lorna's House
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/68775.jpg
:D:evil:;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th September 2005, 10:05 PM

At last, i have managed to upload some of Claire's pictures. Thanks again for a great run. It was nice to see the borders and see how the "other half" live.

Andy & Lenore's House
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/68777.jpg
Neil & Lorna's House
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/68775.jpg
:D:evil:;)

ROFLMAO :D:D:D

weefossy
9th September 2005, 05:47 AM
Doh! Haven't got it yet. Anyone from the Galloway run help me out???

AndyP & Lenore
10th September 2005, 06:38 AM

Doh! Haven't got it yet. Anyone from the Galloway run help me out???
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off! :)