PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye

shotgun
10th March 2005, 03:15 AM
Sold the mini today and felt a wee bit down. Golf gti 1.8 turbo on the way get it in ten days. just thought I would say bye as I won't be on any more runs (only been to a few).

Cheers Euan

sh@z
10th March 2005, 03:24 AM
aww man, but have to say when i drove the GTi it was awesome, so not a bad choice in that.

Hope you will stick around the forums tho, and all the best with the gti :)

p.s isnt the new gti a 2.0 turbo - or are you getting the older one?

shotgun
10th March 2005, 03:28 AM
No the old one I am afraid us poor students don't have £20,000 kicking about. Cheers sh@z. Think my wee bro is going to bye a mini so i am sure i will be around.

macblob
10th March 2005, 07:52 AM
Good luck with the new car, 1.8 turbo is a cracking motor, same as in my leon, easily tuneable too. Check out star performance in Fife for good quality servicing and tuning.
Is it the 150bhp golf?

Willie M
10th March 2005, 04:58 PM
All the best with the new car Euan.

Julz
10th March 2005, 05:28 PM
Och!! Cheerio then! I take it that was my old S spokes away too??;):(:clown:

Crombers
10th March 2005, 09:35 PM
I had the 150bhp Golf 1.8Gti before getting ma Coop. Yes it's a great engine (watch the turbo , mine blew at 25K) but "boy" you'll miss the MINI handling. Golf (original) set up is too soft.
Hope you've made the right choice!!

euan
10th March 2005, 10:30 PM
I think that version of the Golf is better looking than the new one (sorry Ken!)

I was after that car for ages before I got my Cooper, but could never get the car/deal I wanted.

shotgun
10th March 2005, 10:36 PM
yes its the 150 got 18 inch bbs ch wheels to go on it, drop it 30mm and induction kit. yep the wheels are on it julz.

davesminis
11th March 2005, 03:46 AM
yeah, me niether Euan, I can never find the right car with the dealer wanting to give it away for free!!

LOL

euan
11th March 2005, 08:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by davesminis

yeah, me niether Euan, I can never find the right car with the dealer wanting to give it away for free!!

LOL

Yeah, something like that :)

I was after quite a specific car, I wanted it in black with the BBS alloys, air con and cruise, but i could never get the car right. They all had either huge miles, were badly stone chipped, or some other flaw.

Actually drove the new GTi this week and was very impressed, although the dash is still a letdown after the character in the Mini.

KenL
11th March 2005, 09:58 PM
Aye, the MINI might have character but at least the Golf dash doesn't squeak, creak, crack & rattle like mine did :p

euan
11th March 2005, 11:58 PM
Hi Ken, I did wonder when you would appear :)

To be fair to my Mini, the old one was like yours and creaked a lot, but the new one hasn't had one creak. Even the seats don't squeak. It may be that I've lost a bit of weight, but I do think they (eventually) sorted the thing out.

KenL
12th March 2005, 12:19 AM
I'm sure MINIs are getting better all the time - just pulling your leg :D

Wul
12th March 2005, 12:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Hi Ken, I did wonder when you would appear :)

To be fair to my Mini, the old one was like yours and creaked a lot, but the new one hasn't had one creak. Even the seats don't squeak. It may be that I've lost a bit of weight, but I do think they (eventually) sorted the thing out.

Don't be too hasty there Euan - my 04 MCS seats are starting to squeak and the door cards are starting to rattle :(:dead::disapprove:

Big Gordy
12th March 2005, 12:36 AM
Aye but you rallycross through building sites with your's:evil:;) :p:D:approve:

euan
12th March 2005, 01:00 AM
Wul, sorry to hear that!

I'm now keeping my fingers crossed that mine stay squeek free!