PDA

View Full Version : Squiggly Plates

Tam1314
10th March 2005, 02:40 AM
Who can tell me what programme to use that allows me to make the number plates of cars in my pictures un-readable

Thanks

GAJ
10th March 2005, 03:02 AM
I use Adobe Photoshop.

monkimagic
10th March 2005, 04:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tam1314

Who can tell me what programme to use that allows me to make the number plates of cars in my pictures un-readable

Thanks

Any photo editing software will do this, just select a picture, then the airbrush tools and cover it up with any colour ( white )

Monki

sleepyrascal
10th March 2005, 04:06 AM
or simply use 'paint', should be installed on your computer as standard. Mind you, it wont blur it but you can block it out.

Tam1314
10th March 2005, 04:59 AM
Thanks folks

ScottishCooper
4th April 2005, 12:15 AM
I know most do blank out the number plates but why do it
:question:

Smurf
4th April 2005, 03:34 AM
Because some folk have had their numbers cloned, and have recieved parking tickets and other traffic violations which they didn't do........
Mostly in London it seems!

ScottishCooper
4th April 2005, 05:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Because some folk have had their numbers cloned, and have recieved parking tickets and other traffic violations which they didn't do........
Mostly in London it seems!

But isn't it just as easy to see another car out on the street and clone it? You don't need to see a car on a website.
Please dont think I am saying not to do it, just seems that if a car is going to be cloned then you can see the plate anywhere day to day.

Smurf
4th April 2005, 03:13 PM
But it's much easier to sit on your bahookie and look at photos, than have to go outside and trawl the streets to find a car which is the same age, colour etc as the one you want to put false plates on!!

But you are right, it can happen to any car (including my father-in-law's ancient tractor! MANY traffic violations in London, the tractor hasn't moved from the farm garage near Glasgow for umpteen years...!! )

However, why tempt fate? I'd rather mine was blanked, to be honest.

ScottishCooper
4th April 2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I can understand that your probably as well protecting it anyway, mad mad world though!

I can just see that tractor in london right now ! LOL

euan
20th April 2005, 12:19 AM
don't laugh - an ex of mine lived with this girl who started seeing a farmer in Arbroath who turned up one night to their student house in Barnton in Edinburgh on his tractor.....

Needless to say, we all had a go...

Smurf
20th April 2005, 03:17 PM
LOL !

I had a farmer boyfriend who did that too - used to turn up at the door with various items of farm machinery, including tractors.

I'm now married to him!! :D

GAJ
20th April 2005, 05:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

LOL !
I had a farmer boyfriend who did that too - used to turn up at the door with various items of farm machinery, including tractors.
I'm now married to him!! :D

V, have you got any Wurzels records?;)

Smurf
20th April 2005, 08:09 PM
<sings - I've got a brand new combine harvester, and I'll give you the key...>

Actually...... No.
;):D