PDA

View Full Version : Hadrian's Wall Run - Mini Clan - 20th March

GAJ
9th March 2005, 06:29 PM
The committee of the Miniclan is once again extending an invitation to NMS to attend it's multi-club Hadrian's Wall run. This is the third time the Clan have done this run; in 2003 it was run in conjunction with the West Yorkshire Mini Club and in 2004 it grew to include several more clubs from Scotland and the North of England.

Due to logistics, the Clan are limiting the invitation to 10 cars per club. There will be two starting points for the run; one in the East and one in the West, with a rendezvous near the wall to have lunch and a convoy along side the wall on some really good, mini friendly roads.

EAST CONVOY
Please meet at the Lower car park of Hillend Dry Ski Slope at 10.15 for a 10.30 departure. Then travel East along the A7 to Selkirk to meet with wild ones from the West. Travel time to Selkirk 1 hour.

WEST CONVOY
Please meet at the Bothwell Services at 09.15 for a 09.30 departure. Then travel South along the M74 to Junction 7 and take A72 and A7 to Selkirk to meet with wise ones from the East. Travel time to Selkirk 2 hours.

So...! Who's up for a wee blast with our classic friends?

Runners!

Mini Clan Members

Heather
GAJ
Duncan Stewart
Smurf
davesminis
Bazthemod
Davidson2

NMS allocation

1. Neil and Lorna
2. Andy and Lenore

Duncan Stewart
9th March 2005, 06:58 PM
I will be there but in my classic. As I'm in the mini clan this sould not take up one of the 10 NMS places.

Smurf
9th March 2005, 10:19 PM
I will be there, but not in the classic (still sick.....), in the newbie.
Again, though, I'm a Clan member, so will join them, rather than take up an NMS place.

davesminis
10th March 2005, 12:19 AM
Same with me, I am going in a classic through the mini clan so, i wont take any space either,

Dave

phantom
10th March 2005, 12:54 AM
Sorry can't make this one, still skint!:(

seany
10th March 2005, 02:12 AM
sorry can't make it.

Heather
10th March 2005, 02:29 AM
Just to clarify, those who are Mini Clan members are NOT counted against the NMS numbers.

Bazthemod
10th March 2005, 03:35 AM
I'm joining the clan so i will hopefully be with them! :D
Mum or Dad might bring Humbug but its a no for the new MINI at the moment8)

lightbody
10th March 2005, 04:37 AM
Nobody going from NMS? Thats shocking!

Just kidding :)

weefossy
10th March 2005, 06:43 AM
Sorry, but we'll be in Hawaii:D:D Well, I am sorry we will miss The Wall run this year,but I'm not sorry we'll be on holiday:evil:;):evil:After 25yrs, I deserve time off for good behaviour!!:)

Heather
10th March 2005, 06:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Nobody going from NMS? Thats shocking!

Just kidding :)

Could be the early start Rob!;)

Neil and Lorna
14th March 2005, 12:34 AM
Ok Myself and Lorna are ok for this run. :D
We will be useing one of the NMS allocation if thats ok.
Does anybody know were the meeting points are,and also run directions. :)
lets hope were not the only New Mini, or is there clan members drive New Minis.:I

Cheers Neil & Lorna :D

Heather
14th March 2005, 03:35 AM
Neil, good to have you on board. You will not be the only new mini. There are going to 5 of the Mini Clan members who will be bringing new minis. There will be two starting points. For those leaving from the east coast, the start point will be the car park of the Hillend dry sky slope. The West coasters leave from Bothwell Services on the south bound M74.
I am just waiting for the exact start times and will get GAJ to post them as soon as possible. As for run notes.....well the clan runs are slightly different to NMS runs. You will see what I mean on the day ;).

Neil and Lorna
14th March 2005, 03:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

As for run notes.....well the clan runs are slightly different to NMS runs. You will see what I mean on the day ;).

Cheers Heather.

I thought that.;)
I take it be on the same sort of idea as last years.:D

Neil.

Neil and Lorna
14th March 2005, 11:10 PM

For those leaving from the east coast, the start point will be the car park of the Hillend dry sky slope.

Hi Heather

Will the east and west coast runners be meeting in the borders again like last year,because if they are we will meet up there.:p

No point in me going up to Edinburger just to come down again.:D

Cheers Neil

Heather
15th March 2005, 12:07 AM
Yup! We will be meeting at Dunedin Mini again. I will confirm the time but it should be around 11.30am (ish)!

Smurf
15th March 2005, 02:20 AM
GAJ - you've been leading me astray!! :D:I

Thankfully it's not an 8am start - in either the East or the West!!
According to the Mini Clan newsletter which has just arrived:
East - please meet at the Lower car park of Hillend Dry Ski slope at 10.15 for a 10.30 departure.
West - please meet at the Bothwell (southbound) services on the M74 at 9.15 for a 9.30 departure.

(I hope I haven't stood on anyone's toes by posting this......:I)

Heather
15th March 2005, 02:53 AM
Not at all smurf! There was some discussion at the club night as to if the correct times were printed. Waiting for some clarification from the comittee.........:D Later would be good!

Heather
15th March 2005, 06:05 AM
Times now confirmed! See first post:D

Neil and Lorna
15th March 2005, 08:10 AM

Yup! We will be meeting at Dunedin Mini again. I will confirm the time but it should be around 11.30am (ish)!

Ok cheers Heather.:)

see you at Dunedin.:)

Incedently thats were myself and Andyp(little bruv) bought our minis on the 1st March.:)

Ill give them a ring in the morning and warn them that were going to descend on them again.:approve:

Neil

GAJ
15th March 2005, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

GAJ - you've been leading me astray!! :D:I
Thankfully it's not an 8am start - in either the East or the West!!
According to the Mini Clan newsletter which has just arrived:
East - please meet at the Lower car park of Hillend Dry Ski slope at 10.15 for a 10.30 departure.
West - please meet at the Bothwell (southbound) services on the M74 at 9.15 for a 9.30 departure.
(I hope I haven't stood on anyone's toes by posting this......:I)

I've never led anyone astray in my life!;) I think the intention was to change the start to the earlier time but the newsletters had already been printed; so the good news is we all get a longer lie!:D

AndyP & Lenore
18th March 2005, 07:20 AM
A change of plans for this weekend means we are free to go on this run after all. So could you please add Lenore and I to the list? :D

Cheers. See you Sunday morning! :D

AndyP

P.S. Heather, do you still have TribalMini, or have you changed?

Heather
18th March 2005, 07:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP

Still got her until some time in April when the new one arrives. (And yes the new car is another mini:D:D)

AndyP & Lenore
18th March 2005, 08:36 AM

quote:Originally posted by AndyP

Still got her until some time in April when the new one arrives. (And yes the new car is another mini:D:D)

Cool.:D:D:D

Neil and Lorna
18th March 2005, 08:40 AM
quote: (And yes the new car is another mini:D:D)

Thank god everybody seems to having a leave of abcsence from minis.
I.E Calum, Bonnie Scotland, Willie M and Julz soon by the looks of things.

Are there going to be any moderators left.

Cheers

See youz on sunday. :D:cool::D:cool:

GAJ
18th March 2005, 09:01 AM
Still me!

lightbody
18th March 2005, 09:43 PM
I'll be there - as a Clan Member and NMS Member :)

GAJ
19th March 2005, 03:10 AM
Dunedin in Selkirk will be open early for us on Sunday. Toilets will be available! :) They are hoping for a big turnout and plan on taking photos of the lineup for their website. They are also offering 10% discount on any accessories purchased on the day.

Well done to Smurf for arranging this.:D

Davidson2
19th March 2005, 03:25 AM
Hey Peep's Im back! :D
I will see you all there, going with the Mini Clan.

Smurf
19th March 2005, 06:16 AM
No more NMS takers for this one? :(
It's a good run! :D

The roads down towards the Wall are a blast......

:question:

Neil and Lorna
19th March 2005, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

No more NMS takers for this one? :(
It's a good run! :D

The roads down towards the Wall are a blast......

:question:

Come on dont be scared ! :D

duncan
19th March 2005, 06:46 AM
I'd go, but i'm working :(

Heather
19th March 2005, 09:44 PM
Poor showing from NMS this year! There were 17 of us last year, come on....any more up for a good blast to the wall??

Neil and Lorna
21st March 2005, 05:32 AM
Cheers to everyone at the Mini Clan.

Superb day,great roads. And we only got lost once.:D

See you all soon.

Neil and Lorna.

GAJ
21st March 2005, 06:12 AM
Thanks to everyone involved in making today such a success. A great day out was had by all. We got lost loads more than that!:p

lightbody
21st March 2005, 07:15 AM
A great day, even with the breakdowns... i believe "Edwina" the Yellow Mini City is at this very moment on the back of an AA truck somewhere following a lighting failure...

Neil - Loved following your car and staring at the shiny silencers - the colour looks fab too - just how long did you spend polishing it!?

CBs worked well - recommended!!

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2005, 07:54 AM
Yeah! Great day.:D Great roads.:D

And we never got lost at all. We were, however, comprehensivley desserted by our leader.:D So, we all knew where we were, but he was lost.:D Again.:D:D

It's becomming something of a tradition with John.:D

Thanks to the Mini Clan for a great run.

AndyP & Lenore.

duncan
21st March 2005, 08:04 AM
No such thing as lost. Just Temporarily Misplaced. ;):)

Neil and Lorna
21st March 2005, 07:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody
Neil - Loved following your car and staring at the shiny silencers - the colour looks fab too - just how long did you spend polishing it!?

Rob

Thanks for your comments on the car,wash and a polish takes me about an hour.:p
But I like doing it, am I sad or what.:D

Neil.

Heather
21st March 2005, 09:26 PM
Great day with great roads and fab company. It wouldn't be a clan run without getting lost at least once.:D:D
Nice to see the local p/s MINI with vipers come and join us in one of the car parks after driving by a few times :) Not sure about denis's new aerial though;):p
Bertha's first ever run last year and probally her last:( but what a run to finish on!

Smurf
22nd March 2005, 12:57 AM
A fab day out! :D
Great roads, great company, fantastic weather! Who could ask for more?

:cool::D

Duncan Stewart
22nd March 2005, 01:45 AM
Superb day out. Had great fun both on the run:D and when I was lost :clown:.
Neil & Andrews Hyper blue Ss looked superb - how did you keep them so clean!
New Smurf looks even better in the flesh and good to see Davidson out on a run again.

lightbody
23rd March 2005, 07:00 AM
Some pics:-

http://www.ofoto.co.uk/I.jsp?c=133d7pul.yf7v7qd&h=1&x=0&y=-e5757s