PDA

View Full Version : Mini Bus Hire

Gismo
9th March 2005, 12:46 AM
Anyone know where i can hire an 8 seater mini bus, self drive, kinda local to Montrose??

duncan
9th March 2005, 12:58 AM
8 seater might be awkward, most Transit sized minibuses are 12 to 15 seater.

Usual suspects in Dundee, Autorent/Hertz and Arnold Clark would do self drive.

Dunno if G&N Wishart in Friockheim would do self drive.

sleepyrascal
9th March 2005, 01:05 AM
remember you'll need a minibus license now.

GAJ
9th March 2005, 01:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

No you won't! As long as you passed your test before 1997 and are not driving for hire or reward you can drive a 17 seater without a PSV. You might get away with a large people carrier, Espace or 807 sort of thing. (I don't mean that you will be carrying large people...;)) Some might only carry 7 though.

Scottie
9th March 2005, 01:25 AM

only if it's over a certain amount of seats. I think anyway.

sleepyrascal
9th March 2005, 01:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

No you won't! As long as you passed your test before 1997 and are not driving for hire or reward you can drive a 17 seater without a PSV. You might get away with a large people carrier, Espace or 807 sort of thing. (I don't mean that you will be carrying large people...;)) Some might only carry 7 though.

Ah I see. Well I passed in 99 so thats why I wasn't allowed to hire. also I was under 25 but I don't think BS has that problem!:D

If you call europcar youcan get an 8 seat chrysler voyager. That would do it. They should give you a free roof box too! And They should deliver to your door from Dundee or Aberdeen.

Craig
9th March 2005, 02:11 AM
Europcar or Arnold Clark. I get BIG discounts with Europcar whose head office is based in Inverness. A VW Caravelle is popular for that amount of people (it seats 9) and there is LOADS of boot space.

Craig

Gismo
9th March 2005, 07:11 AM
Cheers peeps, need the thing from a thursday night to a monday night, it would appear to be quite expensive :(

duncan
9th March 2005, 07:24 AM
Tell me about it.

The going rate for a Dundee City Council Community Ed bus to our Scouts is around 50p per mile, which included the fuel.
We also borrowed another groups minibus for a trip to Germany for the price of 35p per mile, with fuel.

Thrifty Rent-a-car in Perth were the chapest for me for Renting a VW Sharan to take to Europe, but they only seat 7 ISTR.

Is there any schools or clubs in Montrose that would hire their bus for a few days?

sleepyrascal
9th March 2005, 08:42 AM
Hey, The YMCA hire out their brand new Long transit minibus, CHEAP AS CHIPS!!... but then you have to drive around with YMCA plastered all over the van!

Gismo
9th March 2005, 05:42 PM
There is one in Montrose, but with Age Concern all over it :I

ny152
10th March 2005, 08:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

There is one in Montrose, but with Age Concern all over it :I

Suits you Sir :p.

Nenah
10th March 2005, 11:52 AM
There's always the option of checking in your mini to JC Bodyshop for a few weeks in return for a lurvvvely mini-van loan vehicle....;)