PDA

View Full Version : Rattles

Monsta Mo Mini
4th March 2003, 11:01 PM
Well, after the weekend's exertions my MINi decided to start a whole chorus of new rattles (mainly from the back seat) so it's back to the dealer.... again.

I had to ask how many times I had been back as I've lost count! Anyway this is now my 10th rattle/problem visit so I've asked what they are going to do to appease me as I've made it quite clear I ain't happy. The service manager is now going to have a chat with customer services and see what they might be able to do with regards to a good will gesture.

Any suggestions?

Linda M
4th March 2003, 11:10 PM
Willie's is going in next week for a rattle problem and they think it's either something to do with the back seat catches? Or the slots where the seatbelts come out of.

Willie M
5th March 2003, 05:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

The service manager is now going to have a chat with customer services and see what they might be able to do with regards to a good will gesture.

Any suggestions?

How do you fancy a set of white bonnet stripes for wee Mo:question: I've noticed some of the guys on MINI2 have managed to get this from the dealers after several visits for faults and fixes.

john
5th March 2003, 06:11 PM
After the induction kit is fitted you will not notice any rattles.

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

The service manager is now going to have a chat with customer services and see what they might be able to do with regards to a good will gesture.

Any suggestions?

How do you fancy a set of white bonnet stripes for wee Mo:question: I've noticed some of the guys on MINI2 have managed to get this from the dealers after several visits for faults and fixes.

Watch this space - Mo is going in for two days of treatment and I mentioned bonnet stripes so fingers crossed...

Wul
5th March 2003, 06:54 PM
Just back from dunedin this morning, they sorted

New Steering Column; new window seals, new drivers dorr seal, drivers seat squeak (allegedly), sticking passengers seat, new CD Changer (Sorry Alan - it was a duffer!)!

However....

They have put the steering wheel on squint again! (was like this from the factory and had to get it reset berore!).

The drivers seat back (plastic bit) is clicking and squeaking when i move in the seat!

Oh and they adjust the position of the drivers door so now the door gap at the B pillar is no uniform and goes Big Gap, Wee Gap, Big Gap!!

Everything else seems ok for now, but that is trip no 5 for me - 2 time to Douglas Park and 3 time to Dunedin.

My compensation was another tin of travel sweets - blackberry and raspberry this time Calum!

Gismo
5th March 2003, 07:12 PM
Wul, sorry to hear about the changer, didn't expect that to happen, did you get it replaced free of charge as it is still under guarantee with me though i don't know if my dealer would do it now. I can always try them.

bonnie scotland

Wul
5th March 2003, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by bonnie scotland

Wul, sorry to hear about the changer, didn't expect that to happen, did you get it replaced free of charge as it is still under guarantee with me though i don't know if my dealer would do it now. I can always try them.

bonnie scotland

Alan - no worries sir - not your fault - it stopped recognising the discs in the magazine and came up "NO DISCS".

So I polished my brass neck in readiness but never had to mention a thing - they simply replaced it no questions:):p

scott shand
7th March 2003, 03:49 AM
if you push hard and contact the customer service manager scotland for mini you will get a better result i got a credit note of £300 that was valid for use at my local dealer, this was half way through my problems on my first car.