PDA

View Full Version : ECU for MCS

Julz
8th March 2005, 12:34 AM
As it would appear that I'm away to pay over £1500 to get my ecu replaced, does anyone have a spare one lying around or know of one that might just be needing a new home!!:disapprove:

MartinSullivan
8th March 2005, 12:39 AM
There is www.newminiparts.co.uk - 0161-761-1615 , Speak to Chris

Or check out Vitobrabus on ebay. Check his auctions here (http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZvitobrabus) or call Dave on 0773-453-5811

Sure one of them will be able to source an ECU for you. Whats happened?

Julz
8th March 2005, 01:14 AM
Cheers Martin!! I'll have a look! According to JC's my ECU has gone in the huff and they can't trace the exact problem due to my BBR re-map, so Neil at BBR has kindly offered to return the ECU to standard so that JC's can analyze it properly. If it's something minor, the I'll be very happy! BBR take the ECU back, replace the re-map and I'm just a fair bit of cash out of pocket! If the ECU is guffed, I have to get it replaced and then get BBR to re-map the new one and then I'll be seriously out of pocket (approx. £2k!) but BBR are being fab as they're doing this out of good will for me!! Fingers crossed!!:(:dead:

MartinSullivan
8th March 2005, 01:20 AM
Ouch, hope you get it sorted.

In the article in Go Mini about upgrading the ECU in a ONE to a Cooper one I am pretty sure you need the key backs as well , as they are coded to the ECU, will check tonight if I can find the article.

Julz
8th March 2005, 01:23 AM
Martin, you are a life saver!! I just phoned Chris, very helpful chap! He has one in stock with all the other wee bitties that I need and he's holding onto it for me til I find out what's going on!! All for £400, fantastic!!:sleepy:

MartinSullivan
8th March 2005, 01:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Martin, you are a life saver!! I just phoned Chris, very helpful chap! He has one in stock with all the other wee bitties that I need and he's holding onto it for me til I find out what's going on!! All for £400, fantastic!!:sleepy:

Thats cool Glad I could be of help :I:D, I have had a few bits from them and they are usually really good. Hope you get it all sorted Julz, keep us informed.

Julz
8th March 2005, 02:35 AM
Currently looking up insurance for an Evo 8!! I'm that p'd off, I've had about as much as I can take:evil: considering how many major problems I've had!! Keep your eye on the for sale section for any further news, although I doubt I'll get many buyers with my track record!!:(:(:( (can you tell I'm having a strop??:clown:)

MartinSullivan
8th March 2005, 03:09 AM
Calm down dear ;)

MartinSullivan
8th March 2005, 03:11 AM
Seriously, hope you get it sorted one way or the other.

choc
8th March 2005, 03:26 AM
u cant sell that motor as u would regret it bigtime

3GGG
8th March 2005, 04:29 AM
It makes you wonder how an ECU can cost £2K and you can get a DVD player which is much more complicated for £40.

Scottie
8th March 2005, 05:48 AM

Currently looking up insurance for an Evo 8!! I'm that p'd off, I've had about as much as I can take:evil: considering how many major problems I've had!! Keep your eye on the for sale section for any further news, although I doubt I'll get many buyers with my track record!!:(:(:( (can you tell I'm having a strop??:clown:)

Evo 8 yummy. Insurance got my new Scooby WRX with Prodrive fitted group 19 all for £467.00:D

Julz
8th March 2005, 06:33 AM
I'm going to the new Mitzy garage in Dundee either tomorrow after work or wednesday lunchtime, it's just along the road from JC's:(

There's a very nice french blue 8 in Perth too! My main problem is insurance and my main problem with that is my age, but hey!!;)

Scottie
8th March 2005, 07:14 AM

I'm going to the new Mitzy garage in Dundee either tomorrow after work or wednesday lunchtime, it's just along the road from JC's:(

There's a very nice french blue 8 in Perth too! My main problem is insurance and my main problem with that is my age, but hey!!;)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

guess being forty something might make a difference but don't let the insurance stop you as every year passes you know it wil get cheaper as you grow older:p

go on get one you know you want to.:D

my Scooby is the first Jap car I've had and got to say really surprised just how much I like it and the turbo is the dogs

Julz
8th March 2005, 05:47 PM
I'm going in for a wee lookie on my way home tonight, they're doing an extended deal at the mo that you get £1k off the OTR price plus three years free servicing!;):D Rob was online all night last night looking up cars for me, he'd quite happily let me get an Evo but only if he gets to drive it!:D Plus, it's a sensible four door family saloon!!:p:D

MartinSullivan
8th March 2005, 05:55 PM

Plus, it's a sensible four door family saloon!!:p:D

But you arent a sensible four door family ;)

Julz
8th March 2005, 06:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

But you arent a sensible four door family ;)

That's why the Evo is our perfect family car!!:p

Fontal
8th March 2005, 06:37 PM
You trying to tell us something Julz :question:

Julz
8th March 2005, 06:54 PM
Oh good gracious NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Looking hopeful on the Evo front though, Tesco just quoted me £907.20 for the 260 which is less than I pay for the mini, so if I try Adrian Flux!!!;):D

Wul
9th March 2005, 06:59 AM
Eh! How much!!!!!??????:eek:

Julz
9th March 2005, 05:20 PM
If you're meaning the insurance Wul, that's less than I pay for the mini!!:clown: If you mean the ecu replacement, oh I know!!:evil:

Big Gordy
9th March 2005, 06:11 PM
You don't have to tell me about the price of insurance:evil: Ross is being quoted 1800 quid TPF & T for a classic mini:eek: and 1200 quid for a 1.2 Fiesta:I The worlds gone mad I tell ya:mad::blackeye: Ohh and he's been quoted £2200 for a 'ONE':eek: eeeeeeeeeck :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
9th March 2005, 06:22 PM
and I forgot:I 6 grand TPF & T for a Subaru Impretza :eek::blackeye::dead: :p:D:approve:

Fontal
9th March 2005, 06:55 PM
Is it any wonder there are more and more uninsured drivers with quotes like that, LEGAL THEFT it realy pisses me off thank god I live in a next to no car crime area.

rant over :)

choc
9th March 2005, 10:20 PM
wot a joke that quotes r , i am happy with 192 fully comp for my one but that happens when u r an old git like me

MartinSullivan
10th March 2005, 10:36 PM
Just read your post on Mini2 Julz, really sorry to hear your ECU is fried. Let us know how you get on with the replacement from newminiparts.

Burple
11th March 2005, 12:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

You don't have to tell me about the price of insurance:evil: Ross is being quoted 1800 quid TPF & T for a classic mini:eek: and 1200 quid for a 1.2 Fiesta:I The worlds gone mad I tell ya:mad::blackeye: Ohh and he's been quoted £2200 for a 'ONE':eek: eeeeeeeeeck :p:D:approve:

If you think that's bad... My mate was over from Belfast a few weeks ago... Her Hubby to be (who is about 29) has just passed his test in Belfast, so they were looking for a car for him (He's had a Scooter for the last few years)... So.. they found a Daihatsu Charade diesel for sale for £500, and phoned around for an insurance quote.. The best was £1800! Sit down now. The highest quote (quick reminder old Daihatsu Charade DIESEL) was £8000!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

choc
11th March 2005, 03:04 PM
they must stay in the bronx!!!!!