PDA

View Full Version : a few bodykit questions

mgemie
6th March 2005, 08:44 PM
Firstly has anyone ever fitted their MINI bodykit themselves?? how easy/difficult is it? Any pointers?

The zeemax CSR kit - are all parts on this kit designed to use the standard fitments i.e. are the parts all straight swaps for the factory bodykit parts? - or is the zeemax kit like the MiniDesign La Vacca kit- a permanent switch i.e. involves drilling new mounting points for the arches etc...??

Scottie
7th March 2005, 06:13 AM
Nope:(:D

mgemie
7th March 2005, 10:41 AM
nope to what S.C.?

Gismo
7th March 2005, 06:32 PM
I fitted the aero kit myself, very easy, a pointer for the rear, there is a screw hidden behind the outer wheel arch which is very easy to get to, good luck :)

Julz
7th March 2005, 08:19 PM
The Zeemax kit is MEANT to fit into all existing holes etc., but it doesn't! They guy who fitted my kit had to adjust some mounting points, use spacers etc. and generally fart about to get the kit to fit! It took him 1 week solid to prime, paint and fit the kit!:clown:

Scottie
9th March 2005, 06:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

nope to what S.C.?

to the Zeemax being a straight fit but in saying that Allan recently had the front and back kit off doing the mesh and it was a straight bolt unbolt like how BS says for the Aero Kit.

mgemie
9th March 2005, 07:39 PM
i've decided to stick with my CS bodykit. I thought about the Aero kit but the rear apron doesnt suit my exhuast as it would me actually cutting the bumper which i dont want to do. Thanks for answering my questions everyone..much appreciated folks!