PDA

View Full Version : Insurance help?!

minimadtez
5th March 2005, 07:38 PM
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me....
I have had my classic for over 3 years now and cant bear to part with it now that ive bought Fontals MINI one. I am hoping I can afford to keep both but Im trying to find cheap insurance for my classic.
My new mini will be going onto my current policy and so using my no claims which means i have to start from scratch insuring my classic which is expensive. I have tried to get 'classic car' insurance but am told i need to be over 21. Im only 20....does anyone know of either a company that will give me classic insurance or any other money saving schemes so i dont have to sell my baby :(
Also gonna try getting classic insurance for dad and driving it off my fully comp policy.

Any help appreciated

minimadtez
5th March 2005, 08:33 PM
Ermmm thanx for all your help :P
kidding....i solved it myself.
Have got classic insurance in dads name (£88 for a year!!)

CHUFFED!!! :D:D:D

Soon Ill have two cars and be able to drive them both :approve:

sleepyrascal
6th March 2005, 01:51 AM
£88 for a year!!! Thats not bad!!! Wish I only had to pay £88 a year!! I'd be able to buy one of minime's aero kits then!

minimadtez
6th March 2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah unfortunately thats just for classic insurance for my old mini........the insurance for my new MINI however........:disapprove:

davesminis
10th March 2005, 07:32 PM
tez, If you want to get it in your own name next time try http://www.lancaster-ins.co.uk they usualy give a good deal but for my classic I have went for elephant.co.uk this year. It was a new policy and had no no claims and they gave me a year for under £250.

Dave

minimadtez
11th March 2005, 08:35 AM
Thats who the policy is through.....you have to be 21 or over so i couldnt put it in my name.

thanx anyway :)

sorted for now :D

oh and 7 and a half hours till i get my MINI!!! :D:D