PDA

View Full Version : Autoglass

Big Col
2nd July 2003, 04:36 PM
Apolgies for the misleading thread title. It's still too early to think of anything better.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get the windows to close automatically when you lock the car? If not is it at least possible to get the passenger window to have a one touch close instead of having to hold it?

Tahra
2nd July 2003, 04:43 PM
Its so annoying with the passenger window not doing that, it took us about a month to figure out there wasnt a fault with the windows - maybe should've read the manual. A friend's got the S and even that doesnt close the windows when you lock it even though it has the nifty trick with the windows and sunroof if you hold the button down. Perhaps not so nifty if you do it by accident and its raining......

knaone
2nd July 2003, 04:48 PM
you are able to get that set on the car, but you'll need to hold down a button, if you got your car recently if you hold down the unlock button it will put the windows down, if you have an early one it will open the boot. if you go to the dealers they are able to change these options there is a list in the manual somewhere of what you can have and one of the options is to put the windows up.... thats about as close as you'd get to what you want :)

Wul
2nd July 2003, 04:48 PM
The reason the passenger side window won't one touch close is that you can't be sure someones arm isn't through the window whereas there should at least be someone in the driver seat to tell if there is an arm (or head) poking through!

As for autoclose for the windows from outside the car - comfort opening works by holding down the open button on the key fob, but holding down the close button doesn't do the opposite....

however...

by putting the key in the drivers door lock and turning to the lock position and holding it will close all open windows and lock the car.....HEY PRESTO!

Big Col
2nd July 2003, 05:17 PM
I think a quick email to the dealer might be in order. Wonder how many I'll be able to get away with sending before they crack up.

I knew why the passenger window didn't have one touch (although I would've thought they would give you the option to enable it if you don't want it on. If someone's head is poking through my window and they don't notice it going up then they deserve to get their head jammed in it in my opinion. :D

Thanks for the tip Wul. I didn't realise you could do that with the key. It's a bummer if it can't be done with the remote though, or even if you just lock the doors it should be able to close the windows for you.

Wul
3rd July 2003, 01:01 AM
No probs Big col! - i love the comfort opening facility! especially as i have a black MINI! but it's great for showing off when your waliking towards you car and people are wondering how the windows have suddenly stated opening:D - Although make sure you've nothing valuable on the seats that they could nick and run off with before your very eyes!