PDA

View Full Version : some new pics of the coop

minidriver#1
3rd March 2005, 03:09 AM
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1416321#post1416321

been a while since i took some pics, so here are some of the new mods :) hope you guys like.

The Dogfather
3rd March 2005, 04:20 AM
Looks mint!

Wul
3rd March 2005, 04:31 AM
:cool: looks braw KJ - will be super:cool: with the arches coded!

minidriver#1
3rd March 2005, 04:34 AM
cheers guys. the splitter took a hammering today, still debating with the garage as to what happened but meh, its a battle scar which i wear proudly lol.

thanks for the kind words. just gotta make sure i dont over do it with the mods now, insides are next, engine etc.

mgemie
3rd March 2005, 04:46 AM
lookin mint KJ (no pun intended!! honest) i've been considering a front apron splitter for some time but was wondering how easy to fit (does it just bolt on to underside of apron or is there brackets??). I'm having my MO with CS bodykit lowered about 30mm - would the splitter be wise??

minidriver#1
3rd March 2005, 05:01 AM
thats quite a drop. i've not had the car lowered and on 16 inch rims the splitter was scraping on bumps etc. the splitter that i have is intended for the S but was fitted to the Cooper by Dave Yip by drilling four holes in the underside of the front valance and bolting the splitter on that way. is the CS kit the one by Mini Design?

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2005, 05:44 AM
Hi KJ,

Minty's looking good! :) Are the wheels new or have I seen you on runs before?

We had the bodykit on our silver cooper. Man, what a difference it makes.

AndyP

mgemie
3rd March 2005, 07:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

thats quite a drop. i've not had the car lowered and on 16 inch rims the splitter was scraping on bumps etc. the splitter that i have is intended for the S but was fitted to the Cooper by Dave Yip by drilling four holes in the underside of the front valance and bolting the splitter on that way. is the CS kit the one by Mini Design?

its just the standard CS bodykit... which splitter is it you had fitted? MD? the splitter just four simple bolts attached to the front apron valance then? i've got my undercar neons fitted that way but i thought the plastic valance wouldnt be strong enough to hold the weight of a front splitter?

sh@z
3rd March 2005, 08:00 AM
Cars looking fresh KJ :) ... brakes look awesome, you will need 4 point harnesses to keep you from going through the windscreen lol.

mgemie: I had the same splitter on my Coop with aero kit, and lowered with Eibach springs, it scraped now and then but nowhere near as much as i expected, even getting over speed bumps wasnt as big an issue as i had expected, just needed to take them at a slight angle. :) and its a Hamann style splitter but in carbon fibre, its designed for the cooper S front bumper as it has the holes for it to be fitted on already there, for aero kit had to test and drill holes ourselved.

Hope that help.

sleepyrascal
3rd March 2005, 09:15 AM
Looking good KJ!! The splitter is awsome!

Big Col
3rd March 2005, 04:59 PM
Like that mate! The wheels and brakes look the business!!!

Willie M
3rd March 2005, 05:04 PM
Lookin' good KJ :cool:

Gismo
3rd March 2005, 05:33 PM
Nice one KJ :cool: those brakes are very bling

Scottie
3rd March 2005, 06:03 PM
I think your car looks really good and that has to be one of my favorite colours you don't see many about.:)

seany
3rd March 2005, 06:10 PM
looks good KJ

AberdeenMini
3rd March 2005, 06:43 PM
Looking well cool KJ :cool:

Mini Martyn
3rd March 2005, 06:44 PM
Ive just made a mess of my pants!!? :I

Look forward to seeing it on Sunday!!

minidriver#1
3rd March 2005, 07:23 PM
haha cheers guys :) thanks for the kind words, nice when sacrifice pays off.

As for the front valance being strong enough, i think it is, its held to the chassis by 4-6 bolts i think. The splitter itself is very light being made from carbon fiber material. Are you on the run on sunday? i can have a wee look for you.

Crombers
3rd March 2005, 09:44 PM
I,ll introduce meeself to ya on Sunday KJ , yir Cooper looks AWESOME :cool:

minidriver#1
4th March 2005, 03:37 AM
cool. unfortunately BMW wrecked my splitter when they were changing the brakes, goodness knows how, so the splitter looks a bit worse for ware. They are buying me a new shiney one though and fitting it for me, so credit to them for that.

Look forward to meeting some new faces on Sunday :)

weefossy
4th March 2005, 05:54 AM
KJ, always was one of my favourites, looking forward to seeing new mods on Sunday.

Big Col
4th March 2005, 04:35 PM
KJ was always one of your favourites??? <looks jealous>

minidriver#1
4th March 2005, 06:33 PM
Col, take that image of me running for that marathon dressed as a woman outta your head this minute :P

Big Col
4th March 2005, 07:40 PM
Ok it wasn't in there before but NOW it is!!!

Burple
4th March 2005, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Ok it wasn't in there before but NOW it is!!!

Ok.. .now just stop that there you two....
We don't wanna see you two sneaking off into a corner on Sunday!! ;):D

(What sort of Dress??) ;):D:p