PDA

View Full Version : Denison iPod Problems

Gismo
1st March 2005, 08:43 PM
Just recently got the Denison aux in installed in my car, but, after some use the iPod keeps freezing and i can't reset the iPod, i have to wait for the battery to drain before i can recharge and use again

Has anyone had any similar problems :question:
I installed the latest firmware but havn't tried it in the car yet :p

Wul
1st March 2005, 08:49 PM
What tune were you playing at the time? Maybe your MINI didnae like your taste in music!! :eek:;):p

euan
1st March 2005, 09:26 PM
I've heard similar stories in MINI2 and that put me off getting it.

Will see if I can find them.

euan
1st March 2005, 09:38 PM
This thread lists a lot od the issues, similar to what you say. I gave up after page 9 (of 48). Seems to have a lot to do with the Firmware.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1398891&highlight=denison#post1398891

As an aside, there is a post on MINI2 about Denison realising a version that will show track names on standard MINI head units.

Gismo
1st March 2005, 10:29 PM
Cheers Euan, i hope the latest firmware corrects the problem :(

Steve74
2nd March 2005, 12:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Cheers Euan, i hope the latest firmware corrects the problem :(

Sounds like an i-pod issue. You can reset by holding down a combo of keys of connecting to a firewire port.

Gismo
2nd March 2005, 12:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74
Sounds like an i-pod issue. You can reset by holding down a combo of keys of connecting to a firewire port.
Not very handy when it's in my car :evil:
You should be able to press the menu and start button together, but nowt happens

Steve74
2nd March 2005, 01:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by Steve74
Not very handy when it's in my car :evil:
You should be able to press the menu and start button together, but nowt happens

Had the same issue. If you attach it to firewire and firmware update the i-pod through the PC or better still Mac all will be fine!

GAJ
4th March 2005, 09:53 PM
Alan, is it the Dension Ice>Link Plus that you have bought or the old original Ice>Link? If it is the Plus I recommend that you get rid of it! This thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3724) explains some of the problems we had with the one I installed in Heather's car. To cut a long story short, it is the Ice>Link firmware and not the iPod firmware which is to blame so don't bother mucking about with the iPod, it won't help! The Ice>Link Plus software for BMW/MINI is riddled with bugs even the latest release; we contacted the supplier and they offered a full refund, no questions asked!

Gismo
4th March 2005, 09:59 PM
Gaj, it is the simple aux in icelink, it is only a docking cradle that charges the iPod and allows the music to flow to the speakers.
On another note, how do you upgrade the firmware in the iPod, do you do it though iTunes :I
With regards to your specific problem it was discussed in great detail on MINI2 also, it would appear that the latest firmware upgrade for the Dension (correct spelling now :I) works

euan
4th March 2005, 10:18 PM
Ipod firmware - in iTunes, I think it's in the advanced menu when your ipod is connected. Think it's called "Check for updates" but as I don't have the cables in the office, I can't be certain.