PDA

View Full Version : ipods

euan
25th February 2005, 11:46 PM
See ipod have updated the product range....All proces have dropped, but they have removed accessories.

You can now only get a 20GB ipod, if you want a bigger drive you need a 30GB or 60GB photo. There is now no 40GB ipod.

Also, 4GB ipod mini has dropped price to £139, and a new 6GB Mini has been released at £169.

3GGG
26th February 2005, 12:10 AM
I also see they dropped supplying a Firewire cable as standard.

Heather
26th February 2005, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

And a dock!

Mini Me
26th February 2005, 06:21 AM
<scratcheshairyback> everybody asking for i-pod's now,what ever happened to good old cd's.....:)
remember,me old man no understand new thingys:p
Only bought this bloody pc fur the wains,and i thought i was doing well answering threads(after much guidance from col and bs);).

Ban i-pods ,burn mp3's ....long live the cd !!!!!!
<i'm asking for it, aint i>:eek::blackeye:

sh@z
27th February 2005, 06:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

<scratcheshairyback> everybody asking for i-pod's now,what ever happened to good old cd's.....:)
Only bought this bloody pc fur the wains,and i thought i was doing well answering threads(after much guidance from col and bs);).

In a word... YES :p Let the abuse commence

eddie 44
27th February 2005, 07:27 AM
minime can you retro fit an 8 track :p

duncan
27th February 2005, 09:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Yeay, another poser-device i-pod hater, but keep the mp3's - theres not much room in the boot of a mini, and it saves a multichanger!:p

Willie M
27th February 2005, 09:48 PM
Don't get me started on i-Pods :mad:
<wanders off to lie down in a darkened room with his Steps CDs ;))

GAJ
28th February 2005, 12:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Does the power supply now accept the USB cable?

Heather
28th February 2005, 12:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan
poser-device
Something like a 14k+ small impracticle underpowered hatchback?:p

duncan
28th February 2005, 12:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

quote:Originally posted by duncan
poser-device
Something like a 14k+ small impracticle underpowered hatchback?:p

My One didn't cost anything like that :p

duncan
28th February 2005, 01:01 AM
Found this quote from the newspaper USA today, and think it pretty well sums up things :-

"I just don’t get the overwhelming appeal of the iPod, Apple’s MP3 player. It’s a beautiful device to be sure, but it does exactly what many, many other similar players do: It plays MP3s. Other brands are better, less expensive, have more capacity, are easier to use, and so on. But the iPod has something more than 85% market share. That’s incredible - that’s like finding that 85% of people in the country drive Toyota Camrys. It just doesn’t make sense"

euan
28th February 2005, 11:45 PM
GAJ, I know the MINI chargers by USB, not sure about the new ones though. Something tells me they don't.

GAJ
1st March 2005, 12:27 AM
No what I meant was that the mains adapters used to accept the firewire cable. If this is no longer supplied I presume it must now accept the USB cable.

euan
1st March 2005, 08:17 PM
Ah, good point, no idea! Will need to find that out.

I have to admit, I know that Zen etc are all good products (in some cases, better) but when I bought my ipod the other products were all physically bigger than the Ipod. Also, it is a reasonably affordable design classic, and I use it much more than I really thought I would which would be true of other products I guess.

To me, it comes to this - I would not hold a Creative Zen in my hand just to feel it. I do with the Ipod. Just like I sit and look out at my Mini sometimes (never did that with my Golf). Sad I know....