PDA

View Full Version : aero + 4 spots quote. opinions?

minidriver#1
2nd July 2003, 01:07 AM
no one answered on mini2 so i thought i'd post here.

£2100 for the
aero kit excluding roof spoiler
chrome side vents
four spots
all fitted and painted plus vat.

opinions?

i'm desperate to get this but am gonna have to wait till ihave the money, but what do you think of that quote?

Wul
2nd July 2003, 01:31 AM
KJ Does the above price include VAT?

From the accessories list the parts prices inc VAT are as follows:

Aero kit exc spoilier but incl painting = £900
Vents = Dunno but reckon about £75ish
Two Spots =£145
say £100 for addnl two spots

Total parts cost around about £1220
Labour on the spots (2) was quoted to me before as £212 (4.5hrs)

So that leaves about £668 (14.5hrs) for the fitting of the aero kit assuming the £2100 includes VAT

Times seem reasonable, but i wouldn't pay the money to get them to fit it.

The aero kit is sold painted so get your local bodyshop to quote you for fitting it.
The Chrome vents are cheaper from John/Zooooom and take seconds to fit.
The Four spots are pretty straight forward till you come to fitting the override switch into the dashboard as the wires are run through the bulkhead and requires cutting into the dash below the steering wheel! Also if you do them yourself you need to get MINI to activate the function in the ECU to make them work.

A word of caution too - if you don't advise your insurer of the aero kit and are then involved in a bump - your car will be fixed to "original" MINI trim level.

Have you tried asking other MINI dealers to quote on the same work?

Hope this helps - you can get the accessory catalogue from your dealer - in the back are the parts prices for most things.

lightbody
2nd July 2003, 01:35 AM
yikes! could buy a nice Classic Mini for that...

lightbody
2nd July 2003, 01:37 AM
My insurer, even after being advised of my mods/options, will still only repair to original standard spec - check that out too!

minidriver#1
2nd July 2003, 04:20 AM
thanks for the advice. lots to think about. Its a huge amount of money to spend which is why i knew it would be best to speak to some of you guys first. i'll look into alternative methods.

thanks again.

minidriver#1
4th July 2003, 03:07 AM
i got another quote from elsewhere and they were £300 cheaper!

Willie M
4th July 2003, 03:52 PM
Go for it KJ :cool: You know you want to :D
Personally speaking, I'm all in favour of aero kits :approve:

minidriver#1
4th July 2003, 08:12 PM
i cant wait to see your MINI on the cullen run.
I'm bringing a video camera and digital camera along so i wanna get good pics :P hehe.

It'll be two months before i can afford to get all that work done, but i guess i can book it in to guarantee that i get it for that price.

sh@z
5th July 2003, 04:12 AM
the more aero the better eh Willie :D

actually... we wanna keep that individual touch so ;)

minidriver#1
5th July 2003, 04:35 AM
hydrolics then? :P

sh@z
5th July 2003, 10:27 AM
heh a jacked up mini...

whats a sight that would be :D

Willie M
6th July 2003, 07:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

i cant wait to see your MINI on the cullen run.
I'm bringing a video camera and digital camera along so i wanna get good pics :P hehe.

Cheers KJ, and here's me and the 'Stouff' camera shy an' all ;):clown:

Look forward to finally meeting you :cool:

Need to get yourself out and about Sh@z, wanna see your C00L MINI again :approve:

AidenL
10th July 2003, 04:27 AM
If any of you guys are chatting your dealers, I'm interested in checking the price of Aero side skirts and 17" R90s for when I change cars next year - as usual, Im being quoted silly money in Ireland, so if the price was more sensible, and the exchange rate is good now too, I might order them when Im over for Cullen and get them shipped over somehow......

Julz
10th July 2003, 04:01 PM
There's a set of skirts and a front valance sitting at John Clarks in dundee (I ordered them, but changed my mind, they arrived yesterday!!), don't know the price though, they flicked the screen off in the parts dept. before I could get a decent deek at the prices!!:eek: VERY chuffed with my new mini floor mats though!!:D

sh@z
10th July 2003, 08:03 PM
new floor mats??

i want shiny new ones also hehe.. how much are they?

sh@z
10th July 2003, 08:05 PM
AidenL i can give u details of my dealer if u want, they fitted the full bodykit for around £1500 for me which was a wicked price, but the R90 are, from what i've heard, around £2000 which i think is a bit steep as there are plenty aftermarket wheels about.

gimme an email on shaz.q@blueyonder.co.uk and i can email u the details if u like, if not ill see ya at cullen :)

i'll see ya aboot cullen aswell mr willie :D... hehe, sorry i couldnt make the perth run but hey ill be oot and aboot no worries :)

Julz
10th July 2003, 08:05 PM
£50, they're black with the mini logo on the side of them, I really like them anyway!! You can have a neb at them at Cullen, see what you think!! I think it's the positioning of the logo I like the best!!:D:p

euan
11th July 2003, 01:53 AM
Julz, Where did you get the mats from?

Julz
11th July 2003, 04:08 PM
John Clarks, the wee mini logo is chrome effect (but plastic) and looks pretty cool!!:D Could you tell that I like them??:D

sh@z
11th July 2003, 05:17 PM
seems to me like u wanna give em back and get a refund + a freebie for ur trouble :)

Wul
11th July 2003, 05:47 PM
Shaz - what mats are you after?