PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Section

Monsta Mo Mini
4th March 2003, 06:40 PM
In the next week or so I hope to start putting together a gallery of members' favorite pics, preferably of their own cars and if there's a story behind the pic then tell it too. If you have a pic which you'd like to share then please submit all material to mailto:info@newminiscotland.co.uk

Ideal size for the pics would be 600pixels by 400pixels saved as a jpeg.

cheers

Calum:D

Gismo
5th March 2003, 05:51 AM
Monsta Mo, i tried to send an e-mail to the address in your post and it was sent back to me, hmm

bonnie scotland

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 06:02 AM
Hey Monsta. i just bought vBulletin 2.2.9 for my site, you should think about getting it before this forum blows off and gets really popular. £97 it'll cost you but i just got a mod for it that allows people to create their own gallery, its exactly the same mod as what mini2.com use.

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 06:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by bonnie scotland

Monsta Mo, i tried to send an e-mail to the address in your post and it was sent back to me, hmm

bonnie scotland

Sorry Alan - there was an extra dot in the address, try it now.

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 06:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

Hey Monsta. i just bought vBulletin 2.2.9 for my site, you should think about getting it before this forum blows off and gets really popular. £97 it'll cost you but i just got a mod for it that allows people to create their own gallery, its exactly the same mod as what mini2.com use.

Thanks for the tip KJ. At the moment this is all coming out of my own pocket so I'm afraid I'll have to stick to the cheaper (ie free) option just now.

What's your site URL?

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 06:16 AM
www.undergroundscene.co.uk go to the forums, its on the top nav bar. I'm in the process of testing out some mods on my server, and once i get em working i'll let you see em.

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 06:25 AM
Blimey - big site. Brought back the memories though. I used to do a lot of stuff on the live music scene in Dundee about 12 years ago when I was student there. Did photography and reviews etc for the Uni and Clumpas. Mucked around with Alan McCormick, Jan Burnet & co.

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 06:28 AM
cool. Yeah, its the biggest site of its kind in Tayside. I'm 'competing' with other national sites to make it one of the biggest. Costs me a fortune, but its worth it. web dev is my trade. i'm putting a gig on he 28th March in the cotton club, if you got time check it out, but dont park your mini near there. lol. its a 'dodgy' area ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 06:30 AM
I figured you might be techy. I'm just a designer and this site is about my limit when it comes to technical stuff. Good luck with it, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 06:53 AM
oi. i'm not just a techy. lol. but yeah, if you ever need a hand, i'm hope i am worthy :) Looks like you got it all sorted though. its a beautiful site. i thought it was an official site when i saw the splash page.

Gismo
5th March 2003, 06:59 AM
Hey KJ, i'm just in the process of teaching myself web design, i have frontpage and dreamweaver, which would be better for a novice??

bonnie scotland

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 08:14 AM
Frontpage for the beginner, Dreamweaver for later on, its more advanced and offers more in the way of a complete set of web design tools. However, i would also recommend that you use notepad to begin with, it helps accelerate your knowledge retention of HTML (basic language all sites on the net use).

Do you like my buzzwords? i have a presentation infront of some 20 execs on Friday :|

knaone
6th March 2003, 07:37 AM
i use notepad for doing ASP and coldfusion, help!

*far too geeky*

David

Gismo
6th March 2003, 07:43 AM
I've heard of people using notepad, but wouldn't know where to start, thanks for the advice though.

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
7th March 2003, 04:38 AM
Back on topic....

COME ON PEEPS! WHERE ARE YOUR PICCYS!!. All I've got so far is a gallery with Alan in it!;):D

Linda M
7th March 2003, 05:55 AM
You will have ours soon :D

shoppie
8th March 2003, 07:53 AM
A piccie of the "fated" MINI V4ONE has just left for you

minidriver#1
8th March 2003, 09:47 AM
i'll send you one of me and my coop as soon as i get it. i can be the gallery of the month. picture it now, me on the bonnet naked, with brake fluid glistening in the morning spring sunshine on my freshly shaven chest. sounds good. but aye, i'll send you some pics of when i go and pic it up :)

john
8th March 2003, 06:57 PM
Where has the for sale section gone??

john
8th March 2003, 07:02 PM
oops Im a twit I just found it

Monsta Mo Mini
8th March 2003, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

i'll send you one of me and my coop as soon as i get it. i can be the gallery of the month. picture it now, me on the bonnet naked, with brake fluid glistening in the morning spring sunshine on my freshly shaven chest. sounds good. but aye, i'll send you some pics of when i go and pic it up :)

I feel sick:dead:

Julz
9th March 2003, 03:33 AM
Watch when you shave your chest KJ incase you knick your nipples cause the brake fluid would be a biy stingy!!!!!:D:D:p

Monsta Mo Mini
13th March 2003, 12:37 AM
That's the first of the gallery pages up and running in the main site.

Willie M
13th March 2003, 01:05 AM
Nice one Monsta :cool:
:ICouldn't you put some more pictures of Stouffer up though? :I Just kidding. There's a wee prob with the 'front view pic' it only half loads.

Some nice pics there though, c'mon folks lets see your MINI in all it's splendour :)

Nice pic of Mo at the Kyle of Tongue, only thing was I couldn't spot an Astra convertible sitting on the beach with it's roof down :eek:

...reaches for his coat

Linda M
13th March 2003, 03:40 AM
IS there 'enough' pics of Stouffer :evil:

Gismo
13th March 2003, 06:52 AM
I see my car is only in 3 of the pics :evil:;)
Do i need to submit some more :eek:

Bonnie Scotland

john
13th March 2003, 08:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I see my car is only in 3 of the pics :evil:;)
Do i need to submit some more :eek:

Bonnie Scotland

lucky you my car is not even there:(

Monsta Mo Mini
13th March 2003, 06:03 PM
[/quote]
lucky you my car is not even there:(
[/quote]

Send me some pictures then!!!

Julz
14th March 2003, 04:40 AM
BabyB is happy cause she's in a piccie!! Trying to get a 'elevated' pic so you get to see the roof!:p

Wul
18th March 2003, 06:13 PM
Monsta - have emailed you 5 jpgs from my "minimoon" each one on a separate email. hope the quality is ok!?

Willie M
19th March 2003, 12:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Monsta - have emailed you 5 jpgs from my "minimoon"
:eek: Hope to goodness they're 'clean' Wul :I;)

Wul
19th March 2003, 01:46 AM
Well the pictures are :-( .....however the car wasn't by the time we got home!

Willie M
19th March 2003, 09:34 PM
I see Mr. M Mo MINI's been busy updating the gallery section :cool: Some great new pictures :)
Gotta say John's wheels look brilliant (how many hours did you spend cleaning them before the photo-shoot?) :D
Just love Baby B's Saltire roof :cool: Dunno if the horses are too impressed though ;)
Nice pic of Wul and Lesley's Cooper with it's wedding attire on too :)

Keep them coming folks :D

And okay, so Rob's car ain't no MINI (although the big headlight eyes are slightly similar) but it's no a bad wee machine :approve:

john
20th March 2003, 12:24 AM
Lucky for me the dirty bits don't show up in the photo:)

The wheels are soon to be replaced:D:D

Willie M
3rd April 2003, 04:32 PM
C'mon folks, lets see more pics of your MINI's :D
Especially all of you with shiney new cars (KJ, Sh@z, etc.) and the proud new owners when their new babies arrive (Moorf & Woz, Brian) :)

If you don't comply with this request it just means I'll need to send Monsta even more pictures of Stouffer ;)

You have been warned :p

Linda M
4th April 2003, 09:44 PM
I've got 'hundreds' of Daisy :approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd April 2003, 06:15 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE PICTURES OF THESE SHINY NEW MINIS???

It's time for an updat but as yet I'm kinda short on pictures. Come on folks, get those cameras out!!!

Willie M
23rd April 2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah, c'mon folks. We wanna see more MINI's :cool::D

Oh, I may have a picture of Stouffer drinking a pint of Guinness coming soon ;):D

Linda M
23rd April 2003, 07:00 PM
I'll give you a nice pic of the JCW badge that's going to be on Daisy soon :D:D:D

Julz
24th April 2003, 05:17 AM
If my plans come together, I'll send you another irresistable piccie of BabyB!!!:D:D:I

Monsta Mo Mini
26th April 2003, 05:30 AM
The gallery section has been updated.

Willie M
26th April 2003, 07:34 AM
:DNice work MMM. Didn't realise Satelite lived in such a wee hoose ;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
27th June 2003, 05:49 AM
New pictures in Gallery section - keep them coming!!!!

Willie M
28th June 2003, 06:58 AM
NICE :cool: Me like to see pics of new MINIs :approve:
Lucky old Fontal ;) His far travelled MINI gets to be on page 3 and page 4 ;):D

macblob
28th June 2003, 09:04 PM
Great my wee car is in the gallery

cheers cal :cool:

Monsta Mo Mini
17th July 2003, 04:56 PM
Gallery has a load of new images added. Big thanks to all who have contributed.
Ian - any more from the rally?

Monsta Mo Mini
30th October 2003, 06:01 AM
New page has been added.

Julz
30th October 2003, 06:16 AM
Very smart, I like Nicky's red one!! Might help convince my mate at work to go for a colour coded red!!:clown:

minidriver#1
30th October 2003, 06:50 AM
is mine there? :P

Monsta Mo Mini
30th October 2003, 07:12 AM
KJ - you'll need to send me some piccys first!

bpirie1000
6th December 2003, 04:53 PM
Just sent Mine Over..

Monsta Mo Mini
29th March 2004, 01:13 AM
Gallery has finally been updated.

broken_brian
29th March 2004, 08:10 AM
yey my ikle car now imortalised on nms :cool::cool::D:D:I