PDA

View Full Version : Get me home wheel

sleepyrascal
24th February 2005, 05:03 AM
I always wondered how wel these emergency spare wheels work. You can get a folding one now which would fit nicely in a mini!

Has anyone got one on their mini? Where did you get it? (I know BMW supply a mobility pack but I mean where can you get them outside BMW)

Mini Me
24th February 2005, 05:57 AM
folding wheel ????? You sure.

sleepyrascal
24th February 2005, 06:52 AM
I cant find the webpage I read that on. I think its a folding spare tyre rather than a wheel. So its useless really.

Heather
24th February 2005, 07:00 AM
Is this what you are looking for:question:
http://www.heavenonearthliverpool.co.uk/Hopper.jpg

sleepyrascal
24th February 2005, 07:41 AM
PERFECT!!!! Thats exactly what I meant!!!!! I would like it in british racing green though .

john
24th February 2005, 07:52 AM
the spare wheel is available and goes under the boot floor on the one and cooper but is not available for the 's' or diesel.

A cheep way would be to get a space saver for a Honda Civic;)as its the same PCD and offset:)

Mini Me
24th February 2005, 08:21 AM
John is correct, you can dealer fit the space saver,but by the time you buy all the bits. it ain't far off £350.......:p

Burple
24th February 2005, 06:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

John is correct, you can dealer fit the space saver,but by the time you buy all the bits. it ain't far off £350.......:p

Whit????

It was about a £30 option when I specced mine to go with the car!!!!!
Where the Blummin Flip can anyone justify £350 for the PARTS???!?!?!?!?
:eek::eek::blackeye::blackeye::mad::mad::disapprov e:

Heather
24th February 2005, 09:44 PM
Its not the parts, its the labour (said in dodgy east london accent)!

Mini Me
26th February 2005, 08:42 AM
£30 wont even buy the tyre !!! then you have the wheel,floor pan and brackets and labour:p

duncan
26th February 2005, 08:47 AM
Its 40 quid now. Thankfully I specced it on the new MINI that i'll be getting on Tuesday:D

Mini Me
26th February 2005, 08:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Its 40 quid now. Thankfully I specced it on the new MINI that i'll be getting on Tuesday:D

Tuesday,hmmm ,now why does that ring a bell :eek::eek::eek:
Ah i remember i'm hiding under my desk all day:evil: