PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Eagle F1s

Astrohaggis
23rd February 2005, 09:42 PM
I had quite a few episodes of aquaplaning over the winter, driving at 70 with only moderate rainfall, which was quite alarming. I certainly didn't have this problem with any previous tyres, so I'm going to get rid of the run-flats on Saturday and get F1s put on. Now I just have to get some goop and a compressor.

I'm interested to see how much difference it makes. I'll let you know...

Heather
23rd February 2005, 09:43 PM
Think GAJ has these.................:)

Gismo
23rd February 2005, 09:48 PM
Also, don't rely on the goop working, my recent excapade at Pitlochry proved that depending on the puncture type the goop may not sork.
I had an inner side wall puncture and the goop simply went right through :evil:

GAJ
23rd February 2005, 10:02 PM
He does indeed! They are the proverbial mutts nuts. I rely on a can of tyre weld in the boot and the intervention of a higher power to save me from puncture disasters. So far so good. There's always MINI rescue too!:)

sleepyrascal
23rd February 2005, 10:20 PM
Think BDM has these too.

Astrohaggis
24th February 2005, 03:43 AM
Should I put some of that protective stuff in the tyres straight away (don't know what this is called) or just have the goop in the boot?

+Edit+ Oh, and do you reckon MINI Rescue would come out for a non-runflat flat tyre?! (or should I renew my AA membership?).

3GGG
24th February 2005, 05:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Astrohaggis

Should I put some of that protective stuff in the tyres straight away (don't know what this is called) or just have the goop in the boot?

+Edit+ Oh, and do you reckon MINI Rescue would come out for a non-runflat flat tyre?! (or should I renew my AA membership?).

I fitted Goodyear F1s on the rear (when I have worn out the front RF tyres I will put them on the front also). I put the TyreSeal in all of the tyres as a precaution. I still find the initial vibration annoying, though it wears off after a couple of miles. I'm with the RAC just in case.

Gismo
24th February 2005, 06:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Astrohaggis
Oh, and do you reckon MINI Rescue would come out for a non-runflat flat tyre?!
They rescued me from Pitlochry for a puncture and non run flat

ny152
24th February 2005, 07:04 AM
They came out to me once as well and said that they didn't mind getting a call for a puncture - in fact he said never to even bother trying to fix it myself, just call them....

Astrohaggis
24th February 2005, 07:51 AM
Cool. Thanks! :)

sh@z
25th February 2005, 05:51 AM
I got these bad boys all round on my car too, had em about 6 months, and cant say how much of an improvement over the runflats they are ... you wont be disappointed! :)

And mini emergency picked me up recently and werent bothered about them not being runflats

Big Col
25th February 2005, 05:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

There's always MINI rescue too!:)

Am I right in thinking MINI rescue is free:question:

Astrohaggis
25th February 2005, 07:07 PM
quote:Am I right in thinking MINI rescue is free:question:
I think it's free and automatic for the first 3 years. Anyone else able to confirm that?

The Dogfather
25th February 2005, 07:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Think BDM has these too.

Err no! I have federals on mine, very good, very cheap, mind you I've never tried anything else on my MINI.

Heather
25th February 2005, 08:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Am I right in thinking MINI rescue is free:question:

Someone didn't listen during their cars handover;):D

Big Col
25th February 2005, 08:53 PM
I did kinda but I was distracted by my wee beastie sitting outside. If it is free then I did kinda listen! :)

AeroJonny
25th February 2005, 09:29 PM
My car's handover was literally picking up the keys cos I was in a major rush for a lunch near reading, so could someone explain (roughly) the ins and outs of MINI rescue?

sh@z
26th February 2005, 09:05 AM
Well its like AA etc, and as far as i know it is free.

Astrohaggis
27th February 2005, 10:37 PM
Well the F1s are on, and they certainly look the part. Very nice! :p

I'm not going to fully appreciate the difference until I go for a drive outside London, but already the bumps seem less noticeable.

sh@z
28th February 2005, 02:41 AM
Just wait till you see the difference in grip :) these tyres are awesome

Astrohaggis
28th February 2005, 04:18 AM
Aaagh! Just taken the car to the jetwash and noticed that my alloys have been scraped while they were changing the tyres! :disapprove:

Is there touch up paint for the white alloys?

quote: Just wait till you see the difference in grip these tyres are awesome
Looking forward to it! :D:p

Mini Me
1st March 2005, 07:19 AM
Don't know if this help's but i priced a car today with 4 off these tyres brand new, and had to knock £800 of the price ,cos i can't sell them so it needed 4 new runflats....

Astrohaggis
1st March 2005, 07:55 AM
I have NO intention of selling my baby, so that's nae problem for me! :D