PDA

View Full Version : Problems with dealers

J Cee
23rd February 2005, 08:45 PM
Hi Just wanted to know if anybody has had problems with a certain dealer in fife?:(

If you have and don't want to post a reply on this site then E-mail me direct.

Cheers J Cee.

Big Col
23rd February 2005, 09:14 PM
customer.service@mini.co.uk

Tell 'em if you aint happy mate.

Duncan Stewart
23rd February 2005, 09:30 PM
Yes - And quite happy to make it public.
First time my rear brakes partly seized they refused to take any responsibilty despite the mileage (24,000) and the fact it had been serviced the week before and it is a known fault - they charged me for new pads.
I kept to worn out pads meaning to complain the BMW customer services but never got round to it.
Happened again at 35,000 miles last week and managed to get them to replace the rear brakes under warranty this time but only after arguing with them - they wanted to charge me for new pads and disks which would not have fixed the problem! :mad:
Also had 3 new CD players all of which skipped and in the end they said - thats what they do, hard luck! (replaced myself with a aftermarket unit that does not skip)
Also managed to scratch my central panel when changing the CD player one time but did replace it free but only after I noticed and complained.
Personally I don't like their service or attitude and when I change my Mini I will look elsewhere for my new Mini.

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd February 2005, 10:29 PM
Being honest - they're no better or worse than a certain dealer in the east of Edinburgh. If it's bad attitude and poor quality service then they take the biscuit. I moved to the Fife dealership as I'd had enough of the other lot. No complaints so far!

By the way - keeping things like this in the public domain is the only way things will get better. Name and shame is the name of the game! if they've got a problem with it then they've as good as admitted they're in the wrong!

3GGG
23rd February 2005, 11:43 PM
My main complaint (and this may well apply to a lot of garages) is that as time goes on they are less and less obliging when you take the car in for some warranty work - to start with they promised a loan car, then no loan car but would pick up and deliver the car when finished, then later cannot even do that. I took the car in recently for a problem with the steering column, a bit 'notchy' when cold, and also mentioned the steering wheel was a tad out of centre. They tweaked the tracking to straighten the steering up and then wanted to charge me to put it through a full KDS alignment. Incidentally it is going back in for another attempt on the steering column, this time I want it fixed. What really annoys me is when you book the car in for a fix to something specific and you find that they have not got the part in stock and have to make another appointment later.

AeroJonny
24th February 2005, 08:18 PM
I feel your pain, mine went in then came back,then went back in for what was meant to be 2 days. A "computer problem" meant it was in a certain glasgow city centre dealers for a full week, they didnt wash it and no loan car forthcoming.:mad:

sleepyrascal
24th February 2005, 08:40 PM
JC in Aberdeen have their faults but all considered, they are above average I would say. I have had my share of problems but JC have sorted it all out for me, even if they did mess up a few times along the way.

Crombers
24th February 2005, 09:59 PM
""I feel your pain, mine went in then came back,then went back in for what was meant to be 2 days. A "computer problem" meant it was in a certain glasgow city centre dealers for a full week, they didnt wash it and no loan car forthcoming"".

Interesting!! , same dealer that I bought from.

eddie 44
24th February 2005, 10:07 PM
i had same problems as 3ggg & duncan, steering column notchy & cd
skiping :( also new alloys fitted at same time.
new column fitted & 05 style cd head unit fitted :D but when car
came back it was pulling to the left :( they put it down to a worn
track rod end, that way they could do a kds alignment under warranty:Dgreat service each time i have been back . perth mini dealer :D10/10

AeroJonny
25th February 2005, 07:31 AM
In all fairness they did fix my notchy steering column by replacing it and replaced a seat frame, sorted the jumpy cvt 'box and replaced a load of catches to end the rattle nightmare. On the negative side, the 1st time it was in I asked them to check a tyre that kept losing pressure, was given the car back and told it was fine, got really hacked off and they checkedit when it was in for the week and found not 1 but 2 punctures. It's all sorted now and the guy in service that was dealing with me (Sandy) was more than helpful.

Mini Me
26th February 2005, 08:21 AM
:eek: It's very comfy, this seat on the fence:p:D
Bad experiences can happen, sad fact off life,but we always have your best interests at hart. There aint a dealer in the country that doesn't try there best to get it right all the time:I
But there are so many factors working in the one enviroment,that from time to time there can be a breakdown in comunication:(
It's how it's handled that makes the difference.

We fully welcome customer complaints, cos if you don't tell us, we assume it's all running fine.
Anyway that's me finished.........
<awaits abuse>:blackeye:

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2005, 07:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

It's how it's handled that makes the difference.

minime has hit the nail on the head.

We had a sticking seat in our Cooper. Dealer arranged replacement immediately. But when we picked the car up they had dented the frame of the door when either taking the seat in or out. They then arranged for their "spot" fixer to see to the problem. I don't want to bore everyone with detail but what started as a tiny little dent and scratch in the door frame, ended up needing a whole re-srpay of the rear quarter panel of the car. Typical example of the fix making it a thousand times worse. However, after 3 or 4 trips to the dealer and 2 or 3 weeks of "we'll try this" and "we'll try that", our dealer eventually offered a re-spray and it now looks as good as ever. And that was over a year ago.

To be honest, we have a fantastic relationship with our dealer, but I do think it is more down to good communication than exceptional customer service.

AndyP - who's picking up a Cooper S Auto on Tuesday 1st March!!!!!

lightbody
1st March 2005, 05:23 AM
If you don't like your dealer, use a different one! You don't have to stick with the supplying dealer.

I gave up with my supplying dealer on my last MINI and went to another Glasgow dealer and far, far better service. I think it was partly because they were simply better, and partly because they wanted to 'steal business'.

Mini Me
1st March 2005, 05:48 AM
Steal business........now there's an adea:p

Craig
1st March 2005, 06:01 AM

you don't need to steal business, just give a good price for a very nice car for sale tommorrow ;) and you could make a nice profit:D

Scottie
1st March 2005, 06:09 AM
problem with dealers is they make far to much money ;)

Mini Me
1st March 2005, 06:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

you don't need to steal business, just give a good price for a very nice car for sale tommorrow ;) and you could make a nice profit:D

Your gonna come in on the 1st of March :eek::eek::disapprove: you mad !

Mini Me
1st March 2005, 07:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

problem with dealers is they make far to much money ;)

Cos we have the best product and all the customers are loaded :p;)

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2005, 08:58 AM

Cos we have the best product and all the customers are loaded :p;)

Tongue firmly placed in cheek there minime. :D:D:D

3GGG
17th March 2005, 01:47 AM
Aaaaarrghh - Why do I bother? - Car in for steering column notchiness when cold - this is the second time it has been in, last time no fault found. This time, they picked it up in teh morning and I told the driver to pay particular attention to the steering when it was cold and tell the mechanic. Guess what - they phone me this afternoon to say that it is on the way back to me and NO FAULT FOUND. This is despite specifically telling them it was a COLD problem (twice).

Why don't they a) Pass on the relevant info to the mechanic and b) phone before they send the car back?

What a total waste of time they can be at times.