PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know ....

Natalie
23rd February 2005, 07:36 PM
If it is easy to put the chrome door handle scoops on the MINI and do you know if it is easy to put a cooper S style petrol cap onto a cooper!? Any help on this would be good!!

Thanks

Nat :D
Edit - changed forum

c_me_swim
23rd February 2005, 07:44 PM
The Cooper S petrol cap is easy to do but you would need the suround painted to match your cars. You do have to jack the car up, take off one of the wheels, and take the wheel arch out. You can find how to do all this on the How to / DIY section on MINI2.

I did it to my old car and it was well worth the work. Fitting took less then 30 minutes.

About the door handle scoops, i'm not sure but i would think that they just stick on.

Hope this is of some help.

GAJ
23rd February 2005, 07:45 PM
Instruction for fitting the CS petrol cap can be found here. (http://www.mini2.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_exterior#faq_faq_fuelcap)
The chrome door handle scoops just stick on with 3M tape.:)

Natalie
23rd February 2005, 07:49 PM
Hey thanks guys!

Ok i will give it a go then! Hope i manage!! lol!!

:D

Wul
23rd February 2005, 08:08 PM
Hey Nat!

i've got the door handle scoops - they are easy but fiddly to fit - as GAJ said some 3M double sided tape - but if like mine they only have some round the edge i'd add more as mines have come of 3 time so far - need to be careful to find the right position before sticking - to make it easier - tape the door handle "pulled in" first to give you more room to manouvre.

:)