PDA

View Full Version : Mini World Mag

Scottie
22nd February 2005, 06:29 AM
Anyone got the march issue.

Well I think it just awful the free sticker you get

quote: " mighty icon no imitation" Miniworld spelling mini

how dose that help bring the two minis together.

Tam1314
22nd February 2005, 06:40 AM
l saw a classic mini a wee while ago with a sticker on it that said "100% BMW free"

Monsta Mo Mini
22nd February 2005, 07:03 AM
Strange given the amount of positive coverage MiniWorld have given the MINI in the past. New editor is obviously a twat!

Smurf
22nd February 2005, 04:09 PM
But it could apply equally to either kind of mini.....

:question::)

GAJ
22nd February 2005, 05:54 PM
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt too, although I suspect there are certain classic owners who will be in no doubt as to what it means to them!;)

minidriver#1
22nd February 2005, 06:38 PM
classic owners that are so anal as to slag off the new mini are just destined for failure in life. i mean, why would anyone actually make the effort to slag off / print stickers when the BMW MINI is quite obviously not a classic mini? ARe these people so mentally challenged that every time they see a BMW mini they have to point out the obvious? Its been over 3 years now and they are still going on about it?

If new BMW owners really cared they'd all be buying classics, but they dont. MiniWorld Mag is run by English farmers who have webbed feet, overly hairy arse cracks and straight family trees.

To imitate is to replicate, MINI is obviously not a replication of the classic, its a different car. I love classics, but i hate the stigma attached to them now that these hobbits have given them...

i love a morning flame

Duncan Stewart
22nd February 2005, 09:10 PM
Got the Mag and thought the same as Fiona. The sticker went straight in the bin!
Nice to see KJ being the voice of reason as usual ;)

minidriver#1
22nd February 2005, 09:49 PM
we can not reason with these people ;)

Big Col
22nd February 2005, 09:52 PM
Voice of reason my @rse! Quit slagging Hobbits man!!!!

duncan
22nd February 2005, 09:58 PM
<Stands in playground in big circle>

Go KJ, Go KJ, Go KJ........[Repeat till teacher comes, or the bell goes]

S7JGW
25th April 2005, 11:52 PM
When i had my Classic Mini Sportspack, I didnt like the new MINI , but now that i have a new MINI i like it, Ive just had a lot more problems with the new one, gearbox, altenator, steering pump, brake discs and an abs loom which took down the whole cars electrics! That all hapned within five months of buying the car. The bother seems to stopped now and i am getting more confident in the car and enjoying it more. The two cannot really be compared as the classic was a 1960 design and the new MINI is a 2000 design and technology has changed quite a bit. The new MINI i think is a more safer (and alot bigger) car but still nearly as good as the old for looks, aracter and handling. I now think BMW done a good job on evovling the new MINI.
Any other Classic mini owners on here think the same?

Smurf
26th April 2005, 02:53 AM
YEP !
We have one of each - and love them both equally.
(And my 05 MINI is SSSSSSSOOOOO much better than my 02 MINI too...)

I think the new MINI is the perfect evolution of the 1960's original. And imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ...
Having said that, I'd hate for the classics to disappear, I love them too.

:D

Duncan Stewart
26th April 2005, 03:31 AM
I have a 93 Rio and 03 Cooper and think Rover / BMW did a brilliant job of designing the new version of the Mini.
Just a shame the Rover / BMW split caused so much bad feeling for some people (not me)

S7JGW
26th April 2005, 05:22 AM
Yea it is a shame, i think more classic mini oweners would like the MINI more if Rover and BMW hadnt split.