PDA

View Full Version : NEW MINI SEEN!!!!

sleepyrascal
18th February 2005, 08:09 PM
Now I may have been mistaken, but on route to St'Cyrus today, I saw a white cooper s heading towards Aberdeen with the bulge in the bonnet as seen in auto express. Could this have been a turbo? I cant htink why else it would have that bonnet. It was heading in the opposite direction that I was so I only cought a glimpse.

Jeff
18th February 2005, 09:03 PM
No how many times do we need to tell people to leave the bottle of JD in the glove compartment in the mornings :D. No in all seriousness very interesting but what would they be doing in the North East???:question:

MartinSullivan
18th February 2005, 09:06 PM
The S's UK launch was in Aberdeen. There were a heap of S's here before the official launch - being used by journalists.

http://www.agtb.org/4DACTION/WebActionPressDetail/ABER41

http://www.mini2.com/news/news124.html

sleepyrascal
18th February 2005, 10:59 PM
Well this had a big bulge in the bonnet just like the one on auto express. I was at the mini s launch at the marcliffe mingling with all the journos. They all had a great time so It may be that the turbo is being launched here again! BRILLIANT!!!

john
19th February 2005, 01:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

- being used by journalists.

AND ME:D

MartinSullivan
19th February 2005, 01:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by john
[brAND ME:D

What the Journalists were using you???? :p;)

Sorry John I did mean to add "and our very own Zooom" - you got a mention in the Mini2 article

KenL
19th February 2005, 06:29 AM
The bulge will not be on the real new MINI. The ones in Autoexpress are test vehicles which have the new engine in. The bulge is there to accomodate the new engine but won't be there on production cars.

sleepyrascal
19th February 2005, 08:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

The bulge will not be on the real new MINI. The ones in Autoexpress are test vehicles which have the new engine in. The bulge is there to accomodate the new engine but won't be there on production cars.

Thats what I thought ken. But the bulge could have been a disguise. You know how most manufacturers disguise their new cars before the official launch with false body pannels or padding etc. There was definately something strange about the car. It just didn't look like a normal s.

duncan
19th February 2005, 08:54 AM
I was on holiday in Germany a few years back and caught an Audi TT out on test, with little disguise, before it was launched

The driver was in the petrol station paying for fuel, and was not happy when a minibus full of Scots jumped out and started pouring over it.

Someone even managed to take a photo of it, and that made him more irate!