PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Jim Baxter's Bridge

Wul
18th February 2005, 06:24 PM
The London Development Agency are currently asking for people to vote on the name of a new foot bridge on the site of the new Wembley Stadium. he name has to be something significant to Wembley's past.

The Tartan Army are looking to hi-jack the naming, by voting for Jim
Baxter on the below link. Reason being his keepy-uppy routine in 1967. A legitimate reason for voting for him is that he is already in the Wembley Hall of Fame.

Please take 30 seconds to register your vote for the name 'Jim Baxter
Bridge'.

http://www.lda.gov.uk/server.php?show=ConForm.9

Please pass this email on to as many people as possible. Imagine, a
Scottish legend immortalised on the site of the new English national
stadium!

The Dogfather
18th February 2005, 07:01 PM
A Bridge that the English can walkover! Quite apt really :eek::blackeye::p;)

I've voted for McAllistar after the penalty he missed at Euro 96.

Wul
18th February 2005, 07:39 PM
:D

Jeff
18th February 2005, 09:09 PM
I just hope I win the England football shirt!!!! Been needing some toilet roll for a while now lol

Craig
19th February 2005, 01:23 AM
Put my vote in this morning - come on scotland, let's give them something to remember:D. 1967 was a great year for us!;)

phantom
19th February 2005, 02:39 AM
Jeff and Craig behave!:mad:;)

eddie 44
19th February 2005, 05:36 AM
thats ma vote in :Dcould do with a nice white engAland top
to clean my nice new white S spokes :p:p:p

phantom
19th February 2005, 05:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by eddie 44

thats ma vote in :Dcould do with a nice white engAland top
to clean my nice new white S spokes :p:p:p

You too Alan! behave! or I'll pull that lever that says "only pull in an emergency" and p*ss on your wheels next time I see you at Knockhill :mad::p

Big Gordy
28th February 2005, 11:02 PM
Look who's leading:D
Think it will be a moral victory though as there is no way they will actually name it the 'Jim Baxter Bridge' is there :(:disapprove::evil: :p:D:approve:

Gismo
28th February 2005, 11:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy
Look who's leading:D
Where do you see who is leading :I

Big Gordy
28th February 2005, 11:12 PM
None other than the BBC news website..............:eek:
Go to the sports bit and its titles 'Tartan army hijack naming of Wembley bridge'...........come on my son :p:D:approve:

duncan
28th February 2005, 11:16 PM
I heard Tony Banks MP on the radio today, having a wee rant about this.

It was hillarious, toys out the cradle and everything.

Tony, if your reading this :p GIRUY

Big Gordy
28th February 2005, 11:28 PM
Yeh Dunc :D He seamingly tried to table a motion in the commons to say it MUST be called the Bobby Moore Bridge:dead: don't think he was successful though:approve: What a plongka :approve: We may sneak a victory here, I can feel it in me water :p:D:approve:

duncan
28th February 2005, 11:36 PM
We can but hope:D, but I sense Tofik Bakhramov to the rescue moment again.:mad:

Jeff
1st March 2005, 05:13 AM
And remember the last time we played England at Wembley we beat them 1-0 thanks to Don Hutchison!!!!

Craig
1st March 2005, 05:51 AM
and slightly off topic, but we are above them in the Six Nations Table for the first time in years!!

phantom
1st March 2005, 07:43 AM
Jeff and Craig! the sin bin is looming!:evil::p

Wul
1st March 2005, 06:30 PM
See it also made it to the six o-clock news last night too - Brilliant! :D

Big Gordy
1st March 2005, 07:02 PM
Its amazing to what lengths they English will go to too make sure its not called the Jim Baxter Bridge:evil: Booking a slot on the 6 o'clock news was a bit dirty:mad: Now every Englishman and his granny will be voting. We should demand a re-count when its finished:p I'll still be calling it the Jim Baxter Bridge anyway so there:p:D:approve:

Craig
2nd March 2005, 02:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Its amazing to what lengths they English will go to too make sure its not called the Jim Baxter Bridge:evil: Booking a slot on the 6 o'clock news was a bit dirty:mad: Now every Englishman and his granny will be voting. We should demand a re-count when its finished:p I'll still be calling it the Jim Baxter Bridge anyway so there:p:D:approve:

But did you know Gordy, a source of mine says that the percentage voting for Jim Baxter Bridge is 80 % :eek:

That means an awful lot of scots have voted or a lot of english cannot be bothered:D

Craig
2nd March 2005, 02:18 AM
You may not know but the Jim Baxter Bridge is currently sitting at 80% of the vote:eek:

There must be a lot of Scots voting or most of the english couldn't care less about voting, either way, the vote should stand. Just because people voted for no congestion charging in Edinburgh, doesn't mean the council can change the result!!

Wembley with be our main stadium if we get the Olympics, so why shouldn't it have a scots name in there somewhere.:D

The Dogfather
2nd March 2005, 04:02 AM
As an Englishman I say name it after Jim Baxter why not? It might remind some of the cockny anchors that there is somewhere North of Luton! It'll never happen though.

weefossy
2nd March 2005, 07:35 AM
My votes in. Slim Jim was my idol. Is it possible to vote more than once??

Big Gordy
2nd March 2005, 05:09 PM
Don't think so wee'f':( but I havn't tried;) :p:D:approve:

Willie M
3rd March 2005, 05:23 PM
That's me voted :)

Burple
3rd March 2005, 08:30 PM
And another one!! :D:D:D:D

GAJ
24th May 2005, 09:59 PM
Well it was worth a try. :(

The White Horse Bridge!!! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4574683.stm):question::question::question:

euan
24th May 2005, 10:41 PM
one word.

fix.

Burple
25th May 2005, 06:17 PM
They named it after a HORSE!???!?!?!?!?! WTF...?

ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Good for the Horsey!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
At least it means there's not a bridge named after some bloody awful arrogant ENGLISH TV Pundit or worse!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Big Gordy
25th May 2005, 06:37 PM
Sounds like a pub to me:eek: :p:D:approve: