PDA

View Full Version : Fitting new exhuast system myself

mgemie
11th February 2005, 04:39 AM
In purchasing my new exhuast i ideally wanted to fit myself...but thought was too difficult. However, after having another read of the 1st issue of "New MINI" and its exhuast fitting guide i ask the question: "Is it really that straight-forward to fit a new exhuast to a MINI?" ...well is it dudes?

GAJ
11th February 2005, 04:49 AM
Yes!

MartinSullivan
11th February 2005, 05:07 AM
Its easy - yours will be slightly more tricky if you are still planning to fit an S exhaust to your Cooper but still well within the capability of the average DIY'er. I have emailed Nigel to ask him when he is next putting a Cooper S exhaust on ebay for you - have you noticed they now do a single exit system for the One/Cooper - looks nice, but I guess you want something more unusual

mgemie
11th February 2005, 05:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Its easy - yours will be slightly more tricky if you are still planning to fit an S exhaust to your Cooper but still well within the capability of the average DIY'er. I have emailed Nigel to ask him when he is next putting a Cooper S exhaust on ebay for you - have you noticed they now do a single exit system for the One/Cooper - looks nice, but I guess you want something more unusual

yeah, i'm after that something special!! i like the blueflame CS exhuast due to the custom DB deadeners - that way i can drive home quietly at 3am after work without pissing off ma neighbours but still have a nice sound when driving round town etc.

redpoint rallying
11th February 2005, 08:05 AM
someone wanting an 'S' exhaust????? one sitting in my garage as we speak!!! I'll sell the blumin thing yet!!

cheers!

mgemie
11th February 2005, 08:09 AM
sorry redpoint...has to be the blueflame CS exhuast that MiniSport sell..

MartinSullivan
11th February 2005, 06:29 PM
Spoke to David Jenkins at Blueflame today - they wont have another S exhaust system for 4 to 6 weeks, they are out of stock and are waiting for some more to be manufactured

mgemie
11th February 2005, 07:40 PM
thanks for talking to David for me MS...4-6 wks ETA suits me since my funds will be exhuast-buying friendly by that time lol!

MartinSullivan
11th February 2005, 07:42 PM
Cool, thats good then - I asked him to email me prior to putting it on, but probably best to keep checking as well just in case.