PDA

View Full Version : Person To Install Supercharger Pully

c_me_swim
11th February 2005, 04:01 AM
I'm thinking about ordering a AMD One Click with 15% reduction pully, smaller belt and pully removal tool. The only problem is i don't know anyone in Aberdeen that could fit it for me and not charge the earth.

Does anybody know anyone that could do this for me?

I've downloaded the AMD step by step instructions on how to do it and was maybe thinking about trying it myself.

They say it can be done in under 1hour by the correct person.

So anyway, can anyone HELP?

Martin i know you will know as i've been told your the man to ask!:D

Thanks again,
Mark

MartinSullivan
11th February 2005, 05:02 AM
Mark

Why go with the one click - it seems expensive for what it is. Get the pulley and get the MTH software, just inform Franz that you have a smaller pulley and he will produce the software to match it for a lot less than the OneClick.

MartinSullivan
11th February 2005, 05:08 AM
PS I might be interested in renting your pulley tool soon :D

c_me_swim
11th February 2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks martin, The MTH is a once only remap isn't it? If so i need to change it back when the car go's for the serviceso thats where the one click comes in.

Also do you know anyone that could change the pully for me?

I'll let you use the pully tool no problem if i order the whole AMD pack.

Thanks,
Mark

MartinSullivan
11th February 2005, 06:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by c_me_swim

Thanks martin, The MTH is a once only remap isn't it? If so i need to change it back when the car go's for the serviceso thats where the one click comes in.

MTH is not a once only - you can swap it back and forwards as many time as you like and it only costs 40 quid for the software. Its also fully tuneable by Franz for any subsequent mods you carry out - for free.

Dont know anyone to fit the pulley - I will probably do my own, but wouldnt feel comfortable doing someone elses

c_me_swim
11th February 2005, 10:51 PM
So what would i need to get the MTH Mod? I think i read a while ago that you had all the equipmet needed to do it and had spoken to franz personaly.

How much would it be for you to help me and use you equipment?

I think i might give the supercharger pully ago myself. May have to enroll some help from my Father.

What make of pully would you recommend? I was thinking about the ALTA or AMD.

Thanks again for all your help.

Mark

MartinSullivan
11th February 2005, 10:57 PM

So what would i need to get the MTH Mod? I think i read a while ago that you had all the equipmet needed to do it and had spoken to franz personaly.

Yes I have the cable which I can lend you - then you need to register on the MTH Powertune site and download the software. Download the ECU from the car and email it to Franz along with your 40 quid fee. Tell him what mods you have and he will write a file to suit them (can even get a standard mod and pulley modded file from him).

MTH site is here

MTH Powerchip (http://www.mth-powerchip.de/)

c_me_swim
12th February 2005, 01:47 AM
Sounds good Martin, When could i borrow the leads from you?

How much power do you get from this chip?

This will save me a packet over the one click.

Sorry for all the questions but like i said, i've heard your the one with all the answers.

Thanks again.

MartinSullivan
12th February 2005, 03:24 AM
I have absolutely no idea Mark - what does the one click claim for a 15% pulley?

Franz claims MINI Cooper S with 15% and 94 @ about 220HP, but I wouldnt guarantee that - but then I wouldnt guarantee what you would get from the OneClick either. What I will say is you will be happy with the mod you get from Franz.

c_me_swim
12th February 2005, 07:25 AM
Cool, I'm so sorry to ask you all the questions but i just like to know what i'm getting and what effects it will have.

The guys at AMD said i would get atleast 200bhp from just the pully and chip. I'm hoping to get over 200bhp with the induction kit, exhaust, pully, and chip.

I'll lend you my pully toolwhen i get it for the lend of your leads and will do the change myself on the pully, Should be fun! I've got all the instructions on the computer.

I'll wait for the leads before contacting Franz and do it all in the one day.

Just give me a date when i can get the leads from you and that would be great.

Cheers for helping we with all your MINI wisdom,

Mark

MartinSullivan
12th February 2005, 07:35 AM
Not a prob Mark, if I were you I would get the leads in advance and get the software ready for when you do the change out. You can borrow the lead whenever you like, just give me a shout.

KINGHORN
13th February 2005, 05:11 AM
oh oh oh, mark can u email me the pully, instructions im gonna do mine myself when i buy one, il have a looky and i could maby do yours for a small fee ofcourse.

MartinSullivan
13th February 2005, 07:43 AM
This (http://www.webbmotorsports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17) seems quite a good guide, plenty of pics etc

Gismo
13th February 2005, 08:27 AM
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but, as good as the MTH is, there appears to be some discontent on other sites regarding the lack of response from the guy who writes the software
I would hate for anyone to be waiting for the software to be e-mailed back
I would confirm before any of you guys remove your pulley's
Good luck

MartinSullivan
13th February 2005, 08:32 AM
Bonnmie is right there has been some discontentment on Mini2 and NAM - more because Franz wouldnt offer sponsorship and appeared to be using the forums to support the MTH software, which he wasnt particularly, just some users were trying to help other users. I have always had good service from Franz, but you would need to obtain the MTH prior to changing the pulley anyway as a stock ECU with reduced pulley runs like a bag of spanners :D

KINGHORN
16th February 2005, 03:23 AM
why dont you all just save up the pennies and get it set up proper, on a rolling road, because not every car is the same, so i can almost garrenty that your engine aint running to its best, get a uni chip and it tuned to suit you mods then when you get more mods, go back and get it retuned,

MartinSullivan
16th February 2005, 05:30 PM
There is a guy on Mini2 selling a brand new AMD 15% pulley and removal tool - check this thread out (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83923)
, might be able to save yourself a few pennies.

KINGHORN
16th February 2005, 09:43 PM
100 quid he quoted me,

c_me_swim
17th February 2005, 02:51 AM
Darren,

When are you going todo your pully? And do you already have the removal tool?

It's just so i can get ordering mine and find out about getting the chip software on my computer.
Also find out how easy it is to do.

I think i will go with the ALTA Pully as i've heard that it's great quality.

Thanks

KINGHORN
17th February 2005, 03:35 AM
yeah thats the one i am gonna get, unfortuanatly i can afford it at the mo, mite just make a puller at work cuz its a simple tool, looks like alot of wouk to do the pully tho, engine half out job

c_me_swim
17th February 2005, 03:45 AM
Tell me about it, The AMD instructions make it look ok but the other ones have you taking out just about everything.

I'm gonna talk to some people and see if i can find someone to do it for me who has done it before. Should be easy to them.

Do you know if the Alta pully comes with a smaller belt?

Hows the carbon fibre stuff coming along? What you planning to make?

KINGHORN
18th February 2005, 03:17 AM
think i mite have someone to do it, works at jc, so hopefully 1 problem sorted,

down tubes, door cards, grill, mirror caps, stuff like that, also anything any one wants if i can do it rite,

c_me_swim
18th February 2005, 04:28 AM
If the guy does do it can you ask him to do mine for me? Just about to get the MTH chip so would like the pully done asap.

Can't wait to hear the supercharger scream even more!

Do you think anyone in Aberdeen or sourounding area would be interested in a group buy on Milltek exhaust manifold for the cooper S? Thats if i could get a good price on it and sort it all out.

KINGHORN
18th February 2005, 04:55 AM
IF YOU GOT THE JANSPEED, then i definatly would, dont really rate milltek myself,

i will ask him, once he gets back to me,

oh does any one have any spare parts they could donate to me to make CF copies of, mirror caps, ect

cheers

c_me_swim
21st February 2005, 09:37 AM
Just ordered the Alta 15% reduction pully and smaller belt so should get it on Tuesday. I now just need to get someone to fit the thing.

Don't think i'll get the milltek manifold anymore as i've now heard bad things about them.

I'm looking into getting a GTT manifold. Looks really good.

Have you heard back from the guy from JC?

MartinSullivan
21st February 2005, 05:23 PM
I'm looking into getting a GTT manifold. Looks really good.

:D

c_me_swim
21st February 2005, 06:40 PM
Well thats me gone and done it now! Just ordered the GTT manifold so i should get it tomorrow sometime.

From what i read this could be the best manifold out for the cooper S

Gonna fit the Milltek and GTT at the same time to save hassle.

By march i hope to have the Pully fitted, the manifold and the cat back exhaust fitted and get a modified ECU map from MTH.

I hope the car will pull alot more in every gear once i've finished with all the mods.

MartinSullivan
21st February 2005, 06:48 PM

Well thats me gone and done it now! Just ordered the GTT manifold so i should get it tomorrow sometime.

From what i read this could be the best manifold out for the cooper S

Cheers Mark, you just saved me 400 quid - I was so tempted to buy the last GTT Manifold from the group buy. I told you on Saturday it sounded fantastic didnt I? Let us know what it looks like when it comes.

KINGHORN
22nd February 2005, 05:12 AM
GTT?

c_me_swim
22nd February 2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah, Do a search for roland in mini2 and you will find a load of posts by him about his Manifold and other bits. His company is GT Tuning but the MINI section of his page is not up yet.

I have his work number if you want to call him and find out what parts he has.

MartinSullivan
22nd February 2005, 07:17 PM
The Group buy is over but he is still offering the manifold at a discount (not as good a discount as Mark got though). They will be £449 + VAT for a while and then up to £499 + VAT.

Thread can be found here (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83460&onlybyuserid=0&page=1&pp=15&highlight=roland+manifold)

KINGHORN
22nd February 2005, 09:10 PM
cheers will have a looky

MartinSullivan
24th February 2005, 05:49 PM
GTT Mini Website is now open for business here (http://www.gttuning.com/home.asp)