PDA

View Full Version : Hey!! Julz!!!

Burple
9th February 2005, 10:48 PM
ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Rob excited yet? huh? huh? huh? huh? :D:D:D:D:D

Julz
9th February 2005, 11:50 PM
He's getting there!! Have you seen the play list, they're playing the whole new album and an encore of about 5 or 6 of the classics!!:D:D:D:D

(this time tomorrow I'll be heading home!!:D:D)

Burple
10th February 2005, 01:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

He's getting there!! Have you seen the play list, they're playing the whole new album and an encore of about 5 or 6 of the classics!!:D:D:D:D

(this time tomorrow I'll be heading home!!:D:D)

[Monty burns]Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Monty Burns]

I got all day tomorrow off after all!!
Time to get the mp3 disk on overload in the car!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Heather
10th February 2005, 02:11 AM
Who playing?

broken_brian
10th February 2005, 09:53 AM
dont ask cos it will only upset me when the little git tells you

minidriver#1
10th February 2005, 10:47 AM
Westlife?

Big Col
10th February 2005, 04:44 PM
That'll be Greenday then.

Julz
10th February 2005, 05:29 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I finish at 3 today:p, but have to come in tomorrow, guess who'll be sleeping under their desk then:sleepy::sleepy:

minidriver#1
10th February 2005, 10:14 PM
i saw em 2 years ago in the SEC when they were a proper band. hope you guys enjoy.

Julz
10th February 2005, 10:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

i saw em 2 years ago in the SEC when they were a proper band. hope you guys enjoy.

Dare I ask, what's that meant to mean?? I'm assuming they're the same band I've seen 11 times already!!:p:D

Big Col
11th February 2005, 12:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by mainmini

which is a bit 'busted'..compared to the old stuff

Heh. Excellent comparison. There's not really any "Basket Case" any more.

minidriver#1
11th February 2005, 12:41 AM

Dare I ask, what's that meant to mean?? I'm assuming they're the same band I've seen 11 times already!!:p:D

Before they never did car commercials. :blackeye: *cough*principles*cough*sold out* ;)

GAJ
11th February 2005, 12:50 AM

with the exception of the Dead Kennedys i'm afraid americans cannot do punk more like uSaPUNK as i prefer to call it

Pre Jello's departure I hope you mean! They are a complete joke now!
What about the New York Dolls, Stooges, Black Flag, Ramones, Patti Smith... shall I go on!:p

minidriver#1
11th February 2005, 12:57 AM
there are many punk bands out there that can be called punk in the true sense of the word. dont get me wrong Green Day are good at what they do and make an excellent spectacle, but can they be called Punk anymore?

Big Col
11th February 2005, 01:09 AM
I HATE that term! "Sold out"

"No thank you Mr. Advertising exec. We don't want $10 million to do a 2 minute commercial. Stick it and we'll keep our "principles"

Rubbish!

minidriver#1
11th February 2005, 01:47 AM
col... if only you knew ;)

*goes to search*

minidriver#1
11th February 2005, 01:51 AM
ok i couldnt find my essay on the term sellout, but basically i agree with you ;) i'm trying to stir up some decent debate here.

http://www.undergroundscene.co.uk/upload/showthread.php?t=20000&highlight=sellout ;)

Big Col
11th February 2005, 05:02 PM
<blinks> You agree with me? That's a bummer. We haven't had a decent scrap on NMS for ages! :);)

Big Col
11th February 2005, 05:09 PM
Oooh ooooh oooh! I wanna respond in that thread!

"Because some people have artistic integrity, and value music over money. To some people, music really is that important."

I soooooooooooooooooooo wanna respond "Oooh I've heard of people like that! They're called f#ckwits aren't they?"

Big Col
11th February 2005, 05:17 PM
Ooooooooooooooh and this guy! "how the #### can anyone answer yes to this question! what is wrong with you people?

go and join a ####ing pop band, you soulless #####"

I wanna respond "I can't wait for your next song! I can imagine the lyrics:

I can't afford to eat,
no one hears my tunes but me!
but I've still got my principles
and my plastic McDonalds ID!!!

Julz
11th February 2005, 05:46 PM

i hope you wont be disapointed or annoyed but apparently the gigs are full of screaming 12 year olds and they have only been playing stuff of the american idiot, which is a bit 'busted'..compared to the old stuff

Nope and nope, defo more people there that don't live with their mummy and daddy anymore and what's wrong with playing songs from American Idiot, it is the American Idiot tour after all!! Anyways, I would say it was 50/50 with old and new stuff! Probably one of their best gigs that I've been to, and considering that was number 12, I think that's saying something! Also, I think comparing them to busted is a bit harsh, everytime they release an album there's mumping over the fact that it's nothing like the last one, especially when it went from Dookie to Insomniac!:clown:;)

Plus who cares about this whole punk thing anyway, they write and play music how they want to, not to suit some branding so that people can argue as to what genre they belong to!!;):D

Oh my ears are still ringing!!:p

minidriver#1
11th February 2005, 06:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Ooooooooooooooh and this guy! "how the #### can anyone answer yes to this question! what is wrong with you people?

go and join a ####ing pop band, you soulless #####"

I wanna respond "I can't wait for your next song! I can imagine the lyrics:

I can't afford to eat,
no one hears my tunes but me!
but I've still got my principles
and my plastic McDonalds ID!!!

hehe classic. we used to have a resident heckler on UGS and his name was Magumba... i dont know where he went :(

Give us a review of the gig Julz :)

Julz
11th February 2005, 07:21 PM

Fanbloomintastic!!!:D There's not really alot more I can say than that without swearing! They're obviously my fav band so I am a bit bias, but I still think they're better live than recorded, and three lucky wee bams got on stage (as is now becoming the habit it would appear) to play the instruments during Operation Ivy, only for the wee lad playing lead guitar to get to keep it!! grrrrrrrrrr:p Like I say, probably the best show I've seen them do and definately the biggest crowd I've seen them perform too (excluding festivals!!):) I really just wish my ears would hurry up and stop ringing, and now my legs are starting to ache, but it was all worth it, even the 3 hour journey to get there thanks to some lorry deciding to lie down for a wee sleep on the motorway!:mad:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Heather
11th February 2005, 07:34 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Julz!:D Nice review;)

minidriver#1
11th February 2005, 09:56 PM
was it New Found Glory doing the support?

Wul
11th February 2005, 10:02 PM
Hey - how could they be gigging and appearing at the Brits on TV at the same time? [paul daniels]NOW THAT'S MAGIC![/paul daniels] ;):p:clown:

Julz
11th February 2005, 11:27 PM

was it New Found Glory doing the support?

Yup, although I think there were 3 support acts, we never went in til just before GD came on!:clown:

Burple
14th February 2005, 10:55 PM

Fanbloomintastic!!!:D There's not really alot more I can say than that without swearing! They're obviously my fav band so I am a bit bias, but I still think they're better live than recorded, and three lucky wee bams got on stage (as is now becoming the habit it would appear) to play the instruments during Operation Ivy, only for the wee lad playing lead guitar to get to keep it!! grrrrrrrrrr:p Like I say, probably the best show I've seen them do and definately the biggest crowd I've seen them perform too (excluding festivals!!):) I really just wish my ears would hurry up and stop ringing, and now my legs are starting to ache, but it was all worth it, even the 3 hour journey to get there thanks to some lorry deciding to lie down for a wee sleep on the motorway!:mad:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yup...
All of the above!!
It was at LEAST equal of the Leeds festival date last year - actually it was better, cos it was cosy inside!! :p
Totally awesome set, a good mix of the old and new..
and what an entrance!! :D:D
to take the argument the other way.. lots of kiddies bouncing about during the new stuff, and lots of blank faces for everything else off any of the other albums.. even Dookie.
So no-one can win this argument. The end. :D
Hey, it was the last date, they played to the crowd totally.. Rock n Roll!! Respect for a fanfeckintastic gig!!

and yeah.. it was New Found Glory supporting.. If I'd known, the pedal would have been to the metal to get there!!! ;)
Heard the last couple of songs.... sonded damn good!!:D

AGAIN!!!!!!!! :D:D

Julz
15th February 2005, 05:29 PM
Only 5 more months til they headline at T in the park!!:D:D

minidriver#1
15th February 2005, 08:59 PM
James Brown got added to the headliners too!