PDA

View Full Version : Up n over 2 down under! Photos on page 3

The Dogfather
9th February 2005, 08:21 AM
Date: - 3rd April
Time: - 1pm
Starting Point: - Duthie Park, Aberdeen

The Route

South Deeside Road to Banchory and the Bride of Feugh (B9077 and minor road), followed by B974 to Strachan, Cairn O'Mount, Fettercairn to Marykirk. Then B937 into Montrose.

Roos Leap is by the Golf Course! (thanks John)

Table now booked for 7 any extras let me know asap.

BDM + Miss BDM (maybe, will have to drive slower though!)
Nenah
John
Sheilz
Shoppie + 1
Miss Barrie + 3

Nenah
9th February 2005, 08:26 AM
Crikey - fair suck of the sav, Cobber!!!!

How could you do a reccie for a Down Under run to an Aussie restaurant without an Aussie's help?

If Winnie is back on all 4's by then I'm your sheila to help.

Roos Leap is still in Aviemore and Montrose from my recent drives there.

:cool:

Gismo
9th February 2005, 05:29 PM
Yep, there is still a Roo's in Montrose, sounds like my kinda run, put me in for it

Duncan Stewart
9th February 2005, 05:49 PM
Sounds good Paul. I'm up for it if I'm available. March 20th is the Mini Clan multi club Hadrians wall run which I'm sure NMS will be invited to (we were last year) and 26/27 March is Easter weekend.
How about mid March instead? (12th / 13th)

The Dogfather
9th February 2005, 06:12 PM
I didn't want to clash with MMM run, which is why I went back end of March. I'm happy to do it last weekend of this month if everyone free.

Monsta Mo Mini
9th February 2005, 07:08 PM
Paul, I don't want to discourage you here but I'd leave it until early April, you're more likely to get a better turn out as the diary is less congested.

Most folk have things on over the easter weekend and the roads will be very busy.

The Dogfather
9th February 2005, 10:01 PM
Calum, not too worried about a big turnout as it's really only a local social event. Although if any others want to come along, more the merrier.

I'll see what the interest level is before pushing the date back into April.....

Starky
10th February 2005, 05:23 AM
Defo should be renamed "newminiaberdeen" :p:D

GAJ
10th February 2005, 05:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

Defo should be renamed "newminiaberdeen" :p:D

Now there's an idea...;)

The Dogfather
10th February 2005, 06:21 AM
You do know that you central belt peeps can visit the north without a passport, right? ;)

We've got quite a good craic going up here, I'm going to make sure we keep it going!

Starky
11th February 2005, 03:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

You do know that you central belt peeps can visit the north without a passport, right? ;)

Naaawww! Yer kiddin me oan surely :p:D:D

Starky
12th February 2005, 02:55 AM
:D Sorry Paul cannae make this one, it's our anniversary (1976), just need to leave it to all the "clique", was going to put something else in there :p:D

Nenah
12th February 2005, 09:22 AM
Paul - if we brought the run a day forward we could swing by Antiques Roadshow which will be at Duffhouse on Saturday, 12th March! Could be a laugh and could get the minis on TV!:cool:

http://www.duffhouse.org.uk/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/antiques/tv_and_radio/antiques_roadshow/locations_index.shtml

Just an idea, mind - maybe a better run for the clasic minis ;) - but probably in the wrong direction...?

The Dogfather
12th February 2005, 07:16 PM
Perhaps we could get a valuation on John and Alan :D

Starky
12th February 2005, 08:47 PM
Paul, you must remember to use the square brackets otherwise the smileys don't work, Mmmm...maybe it's a little bit of dementia creeping in. :p:D

Sheilz
13th February 2005, 08:43 AM
If you put this back to beginning of April I'd like to go too. Have got tickets for Murrayfield on 13th so cant really afford two days/trips out in the same weekend just now. Besides the later the trip the less chance of bad weather spoiling it. (yep I do know its winter 12/12 here!!) :p:p

Nenah
13th February 2005, 10:00 AM

Perhaps we could get a valuation on John and Alan :D

mmm...yes...always handly to know their trade-in value - although mileage is a little high!! ;)

Starky
13th February 2005, 09:16 PM
Good runner and bodywork relatively unblemished (for age) just got to be kept topped up with oil.:p:D:D

john
14th February 2005, 04:50 AM
I have extended warranty and TLC:cool:

The Dogfather
25th February 2005, 06:09 AM
I'm going to put this back to accommodate Sheilz and to allow me to reccie the Twilight Run this month.

Sheilz
25th February 2005, 06:30 AM
Thanks BDM. I'll make sure I'm there! :D:D:D:D

shoppie
27th February 2005, 06:19 AM
Finishing up in MmmmmMontrose. I'll go for that.

Duncan Stewart
15th March 2005, 10:07 PM
I cannot make 3rd April, sorry.

Gismo
16th March 2005, 12:01 AM
Please remove me from the run

Nenah
16th March 2005, 03:12 AM
Willyou still come along for lunch tho? :)

Gismo
16th March 2005, 03:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah
Willyou still come along for lunch tho? :)

If i'm still home i'll come along :)

minimadtez
20th March 2005, 03:34 AM
should be up for that:)

Gismo
30th March 2005, 01:02 AM
Didn't realise but this is the same day as my golf club's capt v vice capt, so, i'll not manage to the lunch, but, i may pop into see you all

Sheilz
30th March 2005, 07:42 AM
Hi paul, what time is the table booked for?

The Dogfather
30th March 2005, 07:57 AM
Sheilz - 4pm

Sheilz
1st April 2005, 08:47 AM
B****ritt, I have to start work at 4pm. We're pretty shortstaffed just now and doing a late shift was the best I could do. Wonder if I could wangle an extra hour :p. Could pretend I've just come from another time zone! Maybe best if I ducked the meal and just headed back to ABZ. Its only 20 mins from Montrose/Marykirk. What time do you reckon on being in Montrose?

minimadtez
1st April 2005, 10:11 AM
BDM + Miss BDM (maybe, will have to drive slower though!)
Nenah
John
Sheilz
Shoppie + 1
Miss Barrie + 3

Plus 3!!!! WOW Im popular am i not :D:D
well im single now so what better way than to go with 3 guys :p

The Dogfather
1st April 2005, 06:02 PM
By 3pm easy Sheilz.

RS
3rd April 2005, 05:33 PM
Hopefully we'll be able to join you today. Got a few things to do this morning, so may be struggling to be in Aberdeen for 1:00pm, therefore don't wait.

If we do make it, we'll only be coming for the run and will depart wherever we come upon the A90.

Nice day for it!

RS
4th April 2005, 04:29 AM
Great to see a gathering of Mini's again.

The combination of a 7 month pregnant wife, a bumpy south deeside road and the Mini's hard suspension, meant that we had to bow out at Banchory. Hope you had a good run and meal at Montorse.

After a recovery break in Banchory, we continued over the Cairn o'mount at a much more subdued rate.

Saw you all passing through Stonehaven on your way back to Aberdeen at about 5:00pm. I was on my push bike at the time.

The Dogfather
4th April 2005, 05:15 AM
Photos from today

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/58381.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/58382.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/58383.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/58384.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/58385.jpg

minimadtez
4th April 2005, 05:37 AM
Really enjoyed the run....

many thanks to bad dog for organising it :)

Im sure everyone will agree it was a great day

I Want A Works
4th April 2005, 06:03 AM
What time was it you were all at Duthi Park? I droive past about 1240ish and didn/t see any mini's there?

The Dogfather
4th April 2005, 06:32 AM
There was only 1 MINI at that time ME!

The Dogfather
4th April 2005, 07:32 AM
Oh check out the relection in the window on the last photo you can see nenah Tez, S7 and Sleepy

I Want A Works
4th April 2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah cool shot mate!

sleepyrascal
4th April 2005, 09:39 AM

Oh check out the relection in the window on the last photo you can see nenah Tez, S7 and Sleepy

I never noticed you taking that shot!! WOO I made it in... eventhough I was 3 hours late.. :D
Sorry I had to shoot of so quick from Stoney. I had some stuff to do :disapprove:

Good effort BD!! See you for the Recce next Sunday..:sleepy:

Gismo
4th April 2005, 06:00 PM
Once again you guys were the talk of montrose :cool:
I got fed up being asked why i wasn't with you :(
Looks like you had a great day, sorry i couldn't meet up

DerekM
5th April 2005, 05:38 AM
Glad you guys had a safe run! The Scottish Elise crew were stopped by the local plods at Crathie on Sunday (11 cars in total) and had to wait patiently whilst the local traffic cops checked each and every Elise!!! Some weren't so lucky to escape with only producing documents!

Nenah
5th April 2005, 06:06 AM

I noticed that one too - great shot! Paul, can you email me pics? Some great photos of my Winnie!

Top run, top blokes & sheilas and some fair dinkum true blue Aussie food - thanks for organising once again!

Cheers
Nenah :D

Scottie
5th April 2005, 06:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Topless

Glad you guys had a safe run! The Scottish Elise crew were stopped by the local plods at Crathie on Sunday (11 cars in total) and had to wait patiently whilst the local traffic cops checked each and every Elise!!! Some weren't so lucky to escape with only producing documents!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/scottish_elises/03_04_2005_run/IMG_0838.jpg

I Want A Works
5th April 2005, 06:52 AM
FOOD AND BOOZE!!!!! :(:(:(

I almost wish I wasn't house hunting yeaterday and I could have driven behind you at a discrete distance in my Golf. Aw well!

minimadtez
5th April 2005, 07:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

FOOD AND BOOZE!!!!! :(:(:(

I almost wish I wasn't house hunting yeaterday and I could have driven behind you at a discrete distance in my Golf. Aw well!

You wouldnt have kept up dear :p

Big Col
5th April 2005, 04:12 PM
Why did the traffic cops stop the Elise club?

Scottie
5th April 2005, 05:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Why did the traffic cops stop the Elise club?

seemingly they overtook some old codger who phoned the police.

The Dogfather
5th April 2005, 05:13 PM
I would put in a complaint, surely a PC has to witness an offence before pulling them over?

john
5th April 2005, 07:06 PM
Just looked at the photo's:(I was sure I was on that run but surely not:disapprove::clown:

minimadtez
5th April 2005, 11:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

Just looked at the photo's:(I was sure I was on that run but surely not:disapprove::clown:

Errrmm no, I didnt see you :p
Kidding! :D

Craig
6th April 2005, 04:18 AM

I would put in a complaint, surely a PC has to witness an offence before pulling them over?

Incorrect.

The Dogfather
6th April 2005, 05:09 AM
Craig - So they can just pull over anyone without a reason then, or is the word of some old git enough to pull over and detain 8 or so cars?

The Dogfather
6th April 2005, 05:59 AM
quote:
I noticed that one too - great shot! Paul, can you email me pics? Some great photos of my Winnie!

Top run, top blokes & sheilas and some fair dinkum true blue Aussie food - thanks for organising once again!

Cheers
Nenah :D

Nenah - The original files are huge (6 meg camera) so I'll give you a CD on the Twilight Reccie. This way you can blow up the photos and edit them as you wish.

DerekM
6th April 2005, 06:04 AM
The Road Traffic Act gives the police the right to stop you and ask for docs and give the car the once over, hence the reason why they stopped us all for so long!

The Dogfather
6th April 2005, 06:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Topless

The Road Traffic Act gives the police the right to stop you and ask for docs and give the car the once over, hence the reason why they stopped us all for so long!

And if it wasn't for that pesky old codger you would have gotten way with it! Sorry scooby doo moment!

I'd best keep this in mind with the Twilight Run in June. BTW that's open to all cars, not just MINIs, just in case any Lotuses (loti?) fancy it!