PDA

View Full Version : Lambswool wash mit

Scottie
8th February 2005, 06:25 PM
My car is due back tomorrow from the body shop after them buffing the paint to get rid of all the swirls marks that they reckon was caused when the dealer removed the delivery wax:mad:

Anyway my question is this which is better the lambswool wash mitt or the microfibre wash mitt i've got both kinds. It says on the microfibre wash mitt that it won't leave scratches but I'm not sure.

Wul
8th February 2005, 07:12 PM
Guess who!! :p

Fiona - over on the megs forum they reckon the lambswool one is better at trapping dirt and not allowing it to scratch your car the MF one won't have as deep a pile to draw the dirt into!!

But then some reckon on using the MF one on the lower half of the car and the lambswool on the top.

i'm guessing the best way is to try it and see.

But can't stress stongly enough the use of the 2 bucket wash method - especially at this time of year - just ask Big Col - he once was a doubter!! :p

Big Col
8th February 2005, 08:56 PM
I have to admit I once was but the mank floating about in the second rinse bucket at the end of a rinse was proof enough for me! :)

indigomatt
24th February 2005, 05:10 PM
Errr....two bucket wash method :question:

Tell me more :p

Ta, M.

Big Col
24th February 2005, 05:22 PM
Not much to it M. You have one bucket with your wash solution and one with just water. You use the clea water to rinse your mitt in before you dunk it back in the wash solution and thereby ensuring you remove most of the dirt into the clean water as opposed to mankying up your wash solution. Simple. :)

Gismo
24th February 2005, 06:22 PM
Now Col's the expert :p

Wul
24th February 2005, 06:37 PM
You go young jedi! :p

Gismo
24th February 2005, 06:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
You go young jedi! :p
I see him more as a grasshopper :evil:;)

Wul
24th February 2005, 07:05 PM
or Daniel son!! :p

Big Col
24th February 2005, 07:08 PM
Steady on guys. It's not rocket science to explain how to use 2 buckets

Big Gordy
24th February 2005, 08:00 PM
That bl@@dy wash mit weighs a ton when its soaking wet:evil: Nearly did ma shoulder in washing 'Mutley' last weekend:blackeye: Jury's still out on whether its better than a good quality sponge though8) :p:D:approve:

Big Col
24th February 2005, 08:26 PM
In my very humble opinion I think there's no question it's better. There's definetly far far far less scratching on me roof than there was with me last motor washing with a sponge!

indigomatt
25th February 2005, 05:37 PM

That sorted what about drying & waxing, chamois, Meg's etc... :question:

When your done there, whats best for the inside, anti-static spray, cloth types... :question:

Ta, grasshopper in training :p

M

indigomatt
25th February 2005, 05:39 PM
Oppps, jus found 'Wul's Car Care Thread' shall look, read n' learn.

Ta, failed trainee grasshopper :p

ELFMAN
26th February 2005, 05:03 AM
Can I do the “Wax on, Wax off” joke now?
Nope, didn't think so.

I'll get me Mit.........