PDA

View Full Version : Metro paper Feb 1st

Astrohaggis
1st February 2005, 09:53 PM
Jonathan Goddard did a review of the Cooper S Works - and claims he only got 7 MPG!!! :eek: What the hell was he doing?! Maybe he didn't change out of 1st gear?! And it's pretty crap that he didn't mention the average consumption of 33 mpg. :blackeye: I just hope we don't get targetted by the green lobby! :mad:

Astrohaggis
1st February 2005, 09:54 PM
Oh, here's his email:

wheels@ukmetro.co.uk

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 09:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Astrohaggis

Oh, here's his email:

wheels@ukmetro.co.uk

Nae chane of only 7mpg , his heed's full o' mince:eek::blackeye:
MINI Hater...:dead:

Big Col
1st February 2005, 09:59 PM
You do only get 7mpg if you're watching the MPG in the trip computer when you boot it.

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
You do only get 7mpg if you're watching the MPG in the trip computer when you boot it.

If you nail it ,yes. But thats a few seconds at a time,not a realistic mpg:mad:

Big Col
1st February 2005, 10:06 PM
I'm not defending him! I don't know in what context he said he only got 7mpg in the article so I was just saying maybe he said "At one point when I floored it I got 7mpg".

Astrohaggis
1st February 2005, 10:08 PM
Here's what he said: (a full third of his article!)
"But the laugh will be squarely on you when you check your fuel consumption. In five days of use, the S Works managed just 7mpg - that's the same as I managed in a 5.4litre V12 E-Type Jaguar. If enough people bought this machine, the world's petrol reserves would be gone by teatime. Yes, I drove it hard but nowhere near as insanely as one would on the track, which is where this car is most at home."

quote:his heed's full o' mince
My thoughts exactly!

I've already emailed him to tell him he's a pillock (well, not exactly what I said, but I did point out he's talking crap!). I'm also going to blame him if my Mini gets attacked by green lobby nutters! :mad:

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 10:11 PM
I'm not defending him! I don't know in what context he said he only got 7mpg in the article so I was just saying maybe he said "At one point when I floored it I got 7mpg".

Hmmmm, was i supposed to read the link:eek:;)
Thought it was quicker to pick up the phone ond send,wee blue heed to his door with a big stick:blackeye::):D....
Anyway ,you shouldn't be flooring it yer Col:eek::eek::eek:Red line's not far away...how many sleeps:question:

Big Col
1st February 2005, 10:13 PM
I can floor it...I just can't keep it floored! :(

80 miles and counting...

Wul
1st February 2005, 10:47 PM
:p tick tock tick tock :p

Big Gordy
1st February 2005, 11:11 PM
Watch out :eek: I hear a crocodile coming.....;) :p:D:approve:

Big Col
1st February 2005, 11:39 PM
<blinks> Eh?

MartinSullivan
1st February 2005, 11:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Watch out :eek: I hear a crocodile coming.....;) :p:D:approve:

<blinks> Eh?

You are obviously not up on your childrens stories/pantomimes etc??? :D

Its from Peter Pan, the crocodile that ate Hooks hand also swallowed an alarm clock and walks around with a tick tock noise

Big Col
1st February 2005, 11:48 PM
Aaaahhhh fair enough.

Big Gordy
2nd February 2005, 12:39 AM
Sheeesh:evil: The kids of today:blackeye: I don't know:disapprove: What's the world coming too :eek:;) :p:D:approve: