PDA

View Full Version : Mini Friends

c_me_swim
1st February 2005, 08:17 PM
Hi All,

I've been a member of this site for sometime now but I generally just read the post and don't make any myself.

I always try to flash and wave at all MINI drivers but never get any response!

I was on a run to Edinburgh and back on the 31st on Jan 2005 by myself and saw at least 10 other MINI's. I waved and flashed at all of them but not one of them took me on. From what I read on this site you always seem to see each other and get waves and flashes. I think I must be on the wrong roads all the time.

I've had a Mini since the 1st of March 02 and I’m now on my second car. The first was solid black with tints, Chrome everything and loud exhaust. The reg ended with UEC. I used to get waves in that all the time.

Now I drive an ALL Pepper white cooper S Who is about to get some nice mods. The reg ends with GXG. If you see me then please give me a wave and a flash.

Don't mean to moan but you guys have all the fun,

Thanks, Mark
:D

Scottie
1st February 2005, 08:23 PM
dinane worry nabody waves I travel up and down that A9 see loads of minis and not one waves I now go with the if they wave I'll wave.

Sheilz
1st February 2005, 08:23 PM
Aberdeen is full o flashers!;):D:D:D

RichardV
1st February 2005, 09:33 PM
I hardly ever get a response to a wave in Edinburgh, in fact I cant remember the last time somebody waved back.......was on the A9 coming back from Aviemore at the weekend and did get one flash of the lights....brought back my faith in humanity!:cool:

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 09:55 PM
Does getting the fingers count ????:p

Wul
2nd February 2005, 10:11 PM
Hi Mark!

Please feel free to post anywhere in here - we are a nice bunch really - ignore nasty minime ;) he's just a coroporate hussy! ;)(but a nice chap really :))

I live in edinburgh and have an all black S - i'll wave/flash if i spot you about town or the bypass :)

Mini Me
3rd February 2005, 01:43 AM
No,no,no... i have had the fingers put up to me before,thats what i meant.
It is usualy from people driving the old MINI:p
they dinnae like it when you pass them at warp speed<oooh feels good>:p

Wul
3rd February 2005, 04:12 AM
Aye aye capn kirk!! :D:p

Duncan Stewart
4th February 2005, 05:16 AM
Hi Mark. Too many new minis around now for the flashing thing to work really. I always try to wave / flash in return if someone flashes at me.

The Dogfather
4th February 2005, 07:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Captain Berk more like!!!:eek::blackeye::D

G2 - S
4th February 2005, 06:04 PM
I wave / flash at lots! I'll look out for you in weshill.

Have fun here.
G2

euan
4th February 2005, 07:02 PM
Mark,

Do you live in Westhill? I think you lived beside my brother, who has got a green Cooper, white roof and bonnet stripes and a private plate. He also owned a Westfield.

Cheers.

Euan.

Mini Me
5th February 2005, 10:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

quote:Originally posted by Wul

Captain Berk more like!!!:eek::blackeye::D

Watch it Rent Boy:eek::blackeye:;)Back on yer lead........:evil:

c_me_swim
6th February 2005, 02:06 AM
Yeah i live in Westhill near Elrick Primary School. Not sure if i've seen a green cooper close to home.

john
6th February 2005, 03:10 AM
I passed you today Flashing and waving and you did not even notice me:(

I think your new tints are restricting your vision:D

c_me_swim
6th February 2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry John, think it might of been my girlfriend driving. Hows the Mini anyway?

ScottishCooper
10th February 2005, 07:03 PM
I always flash/wave and would say getting a responce is 50/50. Travel the A71 Clydeside to West Calder every day. So keep em eyes peeled !!! Reg ends NVY.