PDA

View Full Version : Buzz - rattle

Tony
24th June 2003, 05:39 PM
hello.

anyone expeienced this?

Ive got a buzzy rallte coming from just to the right of my head, when sitting in the drivers seat.
Im sure it must be coming from the just behind me on the drivers door, or something,...but i cant be sure.

its beginning to drive me crazy though......

KenL
24th June 2003, 05:42 PM
Could be either the door (up near the red reflector) or the slider bits that hold the seatbelt up. Easy to hold onto them when it happens to see if it changes.

Tony
24th June 2003, 08:01 PM
thats what im thinking. i think it sounds like its coming from where the reflector is.

ill need to check it out. i think ill get the missus to sit in the back.

if i find something wrong,....what then?
just phone the dealer and get them to fix it?
is it that easy???
(im new,..youve guessed, right..)

3GGG
24th June 2003, 08:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony

thats what im thinking. i think it sounds like its coming from where the reflector is.

ill need to check it out. i think ill get the missus to sit in the back.

if i find something wrong,....what then?
just phone the dealer and get them to fix it?
is it that easy???
(im new,..youve guessed, right..)

My red reflector fell out a couple of times in the past, though it has been OK for the past 3 months. best to wait until you find all the car's faults and then book it in to the dealer and get them to fix them all in a oner. (That's the idea anyway). They certainly fixed the dashboard rattle/squeak I had, as well as water in the rear lights and innacurate fuel range indication and I can't remember what else) Oh - I got them to program a couple of things as well...

KenL
24th June 2003, 09:40 PM
There is a post on MINI2 something like "door rattle gurus help me out" I, and other have posted on there on how to fix it.

My driver door was fixed at my first attempt but my passenger door took me three goes to fix.

My dealer had two or three goes to fix it without success. They're last attempt was to put rubber washers on all the clips. I used Velcro tape (the fuzzy side) instead and also some electrical tape in places and more Velcro tape splattered around various places.

KenL
24th June 2003, 09:42 PM
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29250&highlight=door+rattle

Here's the link.

john
24th June 2003, 10:21 PM
best wait till after the Cullen run to get all the rattles fixed because the run will create a few more:D

Krusty
26th June 2003, 07:49 PM
And it may be worth taking off your side mirror's before the run too!!!! Damn thouse roads are narrow!