PDA

View Full Version : v v v v t, v v v v t, v v v v t

Big Col
31st January 2005, 05:15 PM
Is the noise that comes from my car when turning a fairly tight turn with a bit of power on. I'm gonna pop back in and let Iain hear it at some point but I'm pretty sure it aint anything to worry about but I was wondering if anyone on here would have any ideas about what it could be? It's almost certainly NOT the power steering pump as I'm nowhere near the stops when the noise happens. It only makes the noise when the power's on. :question::question::question:

minidriver#1
31st January 2005, 09:28 PM
is it the super charger whining?

The Dogfather
31st January 2005, 09:36 PM
Have you got spikey hair? Cause it could be your head scraping on the roof lining!

Gismo
31st January 2005, 10:48 PM
Did you get the LSD Col :question:

The Dogfather
31st January 2005, 10:50 PM
LSD, I'm not sure it's appropriate to be discussing drug deals on a public forum! ;)

sleepyrascal
31st January 2005, 11:06 PM
a wee stone on your tyre edge?

Big Col
1st February 2005, 05:18 AM
t'aint the supercharger Kj. That noise makes me grin like an idiot. :D

It might be me hair...you never know...

I do have the LSD BS. That was what I thought it might be but then I dunno why it would make that noise at slow speeds during a 3 point turn...

As for a wee stone in the edge of the tyre sr I'd hear that in a straight line wouldn't I?

The Dogfather
1st February 2005, 05:34 AM
Ahhh! Limited Slip Diff!

Scottie
1st February 2005, 05:37 AM
was thinking of getting the lsd retro fitted but the local dealer says that it's a bit of a mare when you sink the pedal to the metal from standing need to keep a good grip on the wheel is this the case.

Big Col
1st February 2005, 04:59 PM
Ahhh so THAT'S the reason I have to fight the wheel a lil from a standing start! I was wondering why that was. Yeah it seems the local dealer be correct SC it is definetly squirmyer (ColTM word) than my Coop was. I thought it was just the extra horses. :)

sleepyrascal
2nd February 2005, 12:57 AM
quote:
As for a wee stone in the edge of the tyre sr I'd hear that in a straight line wouldn't I?

Nah because your car will lean onto the tyre edge slightly when taking a heavy corner. It doesnt sound like its a stone ayway.