PDA

View Full Version : Thirsty!

Big Col
31st January 2005, 05:12 PM
Jaysus the 'S is a bit of a heavyweight when it comes to the drink innit!!! Good fun though! :D

100 miles till he's ran in! <rubs hands and cackles in an evil guy stylee>

Scottie
31st January 2005, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Jaysus the 'S is a bit of a heavyweight when it comes to the drink innit!!! Good fun though! :D

best I've got with the Cabrio Cooper S works going down south the other week was 30.3 mpg

Allan was in the blue coop me in the cabrio filled up at the same time
travelling at the same speed done the same miles he needed to refuel before me so we both filled up again and he took 4 gals thats 18.184litres more than I did:eek: so just think big BHP crap MPG.

Scottch
31st January 2005, 06:06 PM
We averaged 35 (roughly) there and back to Newcastle over the weekend, and that was driving like a big jessie (quiet at the back!!) - easy when there's a speed camera (thank you ipaq), not so easy when you need to zip past an old granny convoy.

Isn't the mini a pleasant place to be when you've gorra lotta miles to cover?

Cheers!

Scott

Big Col
31st January 2005, 06:07 PM
It is apart from the seats! My back got sore! I think a wee change in seats is on the cards next...

Scottch
31st January 2005, 06:18 PM
It is apart from the seats! My back got sore! I think a wee change in seats is on the cards next...

Surprised to hear that oor Col - I was perfectly settled for both legs of the trip.

The car managed to transport myself, me Julie and our 2 spawn of satan down for an overnight stay (and only one "are we there yet?") with luggage in pretty much total comfort.

Cheers!

Scott

euan
31st January 2005, 06:32 PM
I find the seats are a bit iffy, my hamstring gets tight after extended spells in the car.

Thirsty is not the word. I was working out last night how much more it cost me than my old Cooper, which i used normal unleaded in. So, average 4p extra a litre for Super Unleaded, usually needs 40 litres....

Burple
31st January 2005, 06:45 PM
Bwah hah hah...
Well I've got to say I don't envy you at all..

See.. cos being a short ar$e is GREAT for driving a mini!! (am I right? Julz? BDM? Alan?? :D;);):D:D:cool::I:p)
Comfiest car I've ever plunked me cheeks in!!

Big Col
31st January 2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah me being 6'6" probably doesn't help! :(

The Dogfather
31st January 2005, 07:17 PM
Seats are fine, just have trouble seeing over the dash!,<Joke>

Col - if you are planning to change the seats give me a shout I might purchase your old ones off you (I've not got sports seats in mine).

euan
31st January 2005, 07:17 PM
I'm only 5'6" and it still is sore for me.

Astrohaggis
31st January 2005, 09:33 PM
quote:Isn't the mini a pleasant place to be when you've gorra lotta miles to cover?

Yep. And yes, I'm a shortar$e! Took 8 hours to cruise down to London from Glasgow, and I was still disappointed when I arrived and had to stop driving! :p

The heated seats are nice if you've got a sore back (like after lugging around boxes full of books!).

And I get about 30-32 mpg (guess I'm not driving fast enough! :D)

Crombers
31st January 2005, 09:44 PM

MPG & insurance costs (no driveway & no garage) were the reason why I did not go for an S. When I saw the Coop sitting on 17" boots in the showroom I thought "that'll do for me":D

Not a long run in period eh! You must be out to play a lot!

Wul
31st January 2005, 09:50 PM
Watch out for the accuracy of the Trip Comp too! it tells lies.

Col for your info I get around 220-250 between fill-ups in my S!! :eek:

Duncan Stewart
1st February 2005, 03:49 AM
I find the Mini has excellent seats - driven hundreds of motorway miles no bother and I'm big ;).
I do find the centre console tube thing starts to hurt my leg after a while.

3GGG
1st February 2005, 04:03 AM
Funnily enough I was out for a fairly long run on Saturday enjoying the fine weather, and just couldn't find a seat adjustment position that was comfortable for my back. I'm just 6 feet tall. Maybe there are just too many adjustments to play with, unlike the classic which just had forward and backwards :D

Big Col
1st February 2005, 05:16 AM
I'll give you a yell if I do change BD. Are your seats heated?

I've actually got no idea how much they'd sell for...

The Dogfather
1st February 2005, 05:19 AM
No not heated! I might be looking at Scottiecoops's she's got some Black Leather ones! Keep me informed though if you're changing just in case!

Julz
1st February 2005, 05:10 PM
Seats comfy, can just see over the dash when I use my booster cushion, MPG bareable (200-250 per tank, better than Rob, same mileage but £60 to fill up:eek:) exhaust deafening:( acceleration fantastic (playing with an Audi this morning, literally;)) me love my mini:I

Big Col
1st February 2005, 05:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

me love my mini:I

I totally agree with that! I love my MINI too! :)

Scottie
1st February 2005, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Seats comfy, can just see over the dash when I use my booster cushion, MPG bareable (200-250 per tank, better than Rob, same mileage but £60 to fill up:eek:) exhaust deafening:( acceleration fantastic (playing with an Audi this morning, literally;)) me love my mini:I

piff £60

trying owning a big ugly 4x4 in excess of £80 and 16 mpg.

The Dogfather
1st February 2005, 07:55 PM
I have a Fiesta that'll do 500 miles on £35.

Downside? I have a Fiesta Diesel!!!!

Wul
1st February 2005, 11:06 PM
OK - so heres the result of my trip comp test. Last fuel stop reset all trip gauges. filled to the gunnels!!

Got 259miles of "normal" driving before needle was bouncing the red line - refuelled with 45.73litres back to the gunnels. That works out at an average of 25.5 miles per gallon.

the trip comp worked it out as 28.8mpg!!

Using optimax and a px panel filter - never once had the true calc and trip comp work out the same!! :(

Tam1314
3rd February 2005, 01:35 AM
Whats the best mileage with a Cooper folk have had
thanks

The Dogfather
3rd February 2005, 07:34 AM
Used to get 40+ at a steady 60mph before I went to 17" wheels (15"s B4)

Big Col
3rd February 2005, 04:35 PM
What you get noo BDM?

Duncan Stewart
4th February 2005, 05:14 AM
I get an average 36mpg in my Cooper and I don't hang around ;)

The Dogfather
4th February 2005, 07:09 AM
30 - 32 most of the time, 36 if I'm driving Miss Daisy!

Kirsty
6th February 2005, 04:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

MPG & insurance costs (no driveway & no garage) were the reason why I did not go for an S. When I saw the Coop sitting on 17" boots in the showroom I thought "that'll do for me":D

Not a long run in period eh! You must be out to play a lot!

(Whimpers in the corners) :( Thats why I had to give up my baby! On street parking and MPG!! :( Loving my coop but whenever I see an S I do get a wee pang of "I want mellow yellow back!!!" :(

sleepyrascal
6th February 2005, 04:56 AM
MPG... pffff whats that all about. JUst drive the bloody thing and fill it up when its empty. :D If you run out of money, start driving slower:(, if you still run out of money, drive slower and less often:(:(:(, if again you run out of money then you need to trade you mini in for a bike:(:(:(:disapprove::disapprove:.

Gota go, i'm just off down the bike shop ... ;);):disapprove:

Kirsty
6th February 2005, 06:05 AM
Think I'll be off down the bike shop then, see you there!!! Driving less or slower does not compute!! HEE HEE!!!

Astrohaggis
6th February 2005, 10:09 PM
KIRSTY! Don't even think about a bike - you're dangerous enough in a car!!! :eek::blackeye::p;)

And you'll find your excursions into fields on runs more painful on a bike!

Besides, your new Coop is lovely - and you can't possibly not have a Mini! :D

Kirsty
7th February 2005, 08:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Astrohaggis

KIRSTY! Don't even think about a bike - you're dangerous enough in a car!!! :eek::blackeye::p;)

And you'll find your excursions into fields on runs more painful on a bike!

Besides, your new Coop is lovely - and you can't possibly not have a Mini! :D

Thats very true don't think I would get a bike to do 90 in a ditch either!! :disapprove: No I won't be getting rid of my MINI I love my MINI too much too!! :D Sorry Col sabotage over!! :I