PDA

View Full Version : spot lamp steady bar - info reqd.

redpoint rallying
30th January 2005, 03:40 AM
Not sure if this appeal is quite in the correct forum but here goes. I need spot lamp steady bars for the spot lamps on the rally car. I have looked at the usual suppliers of motorsport parts such as Demon Tweeks and they sell a basic item but not what I'm after.

The steady bar fixes to the top or rear of the spotlights and then extends onto the bonnet or elsewhere. You then tighten it and it reduces the vibration of the lamp.

The specific steady bar I need is a quick release item which at one end is secured to the bonnet with a removable pin.

Cant find 'em anywhere. I know they are out there somewhere, I've seen 'em.

Does anyone have any knowledge of where I can obtain them?

Cheers :D

Scottie
30th January 2005, 03:47 AM
we had similar on one of our 4x4's it to was a quick release thingy was about four years ago but got them through Lucas.

minidriver#1
30th January 2005, 04:09 AM
is it something that can be fabricated do you think? i've not seen this before other than was new mini sport sell with their spots but its not what you're looking for.

X30YES
7th February 2005, 02:56 AM
RR , I have them fitted to my car ,and are BMW supply !! will look for the part and post back ASAP.no luck cant find the number sorry ....ask the local dealer,did Cibie not do lamp steady bars years ago for the Oscars ?.
Angus