PDA

View Full Version : Cullen Run 2005 - Hotel Info.

Nenah
29th January 2005, 09:11 AM
Hotel details for Cullen 2005 Run are now posted:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1290574#post1290574

More info to follow next week re booking arrangements.:)

:cool:
Nenah
Cullen 2005 (pro-bono) Event Manager
nenah@hamiltonrose.com

Heather
29th January 2005, 09:18 AM
Thought we were camping:(:question:

Nenah
29th January 2005, 09:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

Yeah - we were - but difficulty finding a site that would take us all as its the start of the high seasons & lots of sites already booked and many dont have on-site facilities to accomodate the numbers expected plus pub etc etc etc. :) At least we donthave to worry about pitching tents and cooking our own meals after an amazing long days run! :)

minidriver#1
29th January 2005, 09:38 AM
i reckon the cars would be more secure in a hotel car park also.

Heather
29th January 2005, 08:24 PM
Dont think your car can be any more secure than being parked next to your tent! Im not really happy about the change of plans as I thought it would add something a bit different to the run. I think if one can find a hotel in high season then one could find a camp site. I guess I have been out voted by the "hotel sheets and pub" folks.

sleepyrascal
30th January 2005, 12:54 AM
Hey Nenah. As you seem to be working with John on this run, could you removeme from the Cullen Run list please.

Cheers
SR

Nenah
30th January 2005, 01:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Hey Nenah. As you seem to be working with John on this run, could you removeme from the Cullen Run list please.

Cheers
SR

Ask John, its his run. I just helped John find a hotel so the group could benefit from a corporate rate for a good hotel - my job is done.

sleepyrascal
30th January 2005, 02:44 AM
ok

Gismo
30th January 2005, 03:01 AM
There isn't a list on NMS as far as I can tell, so, just pop along to the MINI2 thread and post up that you can't attend

Scottie
30th January 2005, 03:13 AM
no camping:(
oh well since Aviemore is only 30 mins from me house I'll just go home.;)

minidriver#1
30th January 2005, 03:33 AM
the camping would have been good, it has to be said. but as long as there is some banter then i'm not too fussed :)

^^ i'll be staying in your garage :P

Scottie
30th January 2005, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

the camping would have been good, it has to be said. but as long as there is some banter then i'm not too fussed :)

^^ i'll be staying in your garage :P

kj,

no problem it's heated and everything and as we speak allan is out painting the floor.

a nice we camp bed and you'll be all the raod.:p

DNV122
30th January 2005, 03:53 AM
Hey guys,

You should do well with the hotel. It's the old THF Post House Hotel that my old man used to be restaurant manager for and it has been extensively refurbished by McDonald over the last year. I used the new swimming at New Year (good) - so you'll have somewhere to sober up before driving home. I have also heard 1 (only one) good report about the food also (no other reports).

I may still come and join in the fun, but with 55 cars, you guys are going to have your hands full again.

Remeber, there is no Optimax, Ultimate or Super Unleaded in the village !

Phil.

minidriver#1
30th January 2005, 04:18 AM
^^ i guess it'll have to be diesel then lol.

Scottie
30th January 2005, 04:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

Hey guys,

You should do well with the hotel. It's the old THF Post House Hotel that my old man used to be restaurant manager for and it has been extensively refurbished by McDonald over the last year. I used the new swimming at New Year (good) - so you'll have somewhere to sober up before driving home. I have also heard 1 (only one) good report about the food also (no other reports).

I may still come and join in the fun, but with 55 cars, you guys are going to have your hands full again.

Remeber, there is no Optimax, Ultimate or Super Unleaded in the village !

Phil.

sometimes the BP station get ultimate when the terminal runs out of Unleaded:eek:

so we could have a wee cocktail of unleaded and ultimate.;)

dinae ask.

Heather
30th January 2005, 07:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I still want to camp, can me and GAJ camp in your garden?;) I wont pee on your lawn!:p

john
30th January 2005, 05:32 PM

Hi Heather I'm sorry about the camping I really wanted to stick with the camping idea too but I was running out of places to try for camping and everytime I mention large groups to anywhere they were not interested and the run is months away and already there are more than 50 cars.

But just for you I will make sure that I organise a small run for campers only ;)sometime soon:cool:well not too soon its freezing :clown:

Scottie
31st January 2005, 05:48 AM

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I still want to camp, can me and GAJ camp in your garden?;) I wont pee on your lawn!:p

As long as you don't mind the mole hills:p

there is a nice camp site at Aviemore just at the foot of the cairngorm.

john
3rd February 2005, 06:49 AM
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1290574#post1290574

Updates have been posted:)

Nenah
29th June 2005, 08:09 AM
If you havent already

1: emailed John to be added to the Run List - please do so via http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1290574#post1290574; or

2: booked your room for Cullen the at MachDonalds Highlands Hotel in at Aviemore Highland Resort its not too late to still get the preferred rate if you mention "NMS" when booking:

http://www.aviemorehighlandresort.com

Dont miss out - Its gunna be super-sized this year!

:D:D:D