PDA

View Full Version : help!! please mesh

Scottie
28th January 2005, 01:27 AM
where can I buy mesh needs to be 1500mm long 150mm width.

Tried everywhere I know including B&Q builder merchants etc.

Flattened not raised.

Gismo
28th January 2005, 01:42 AM
Don't know myself but i'm interested, Is this to put on an aero kit rear bumper instead of the stickers :question:

Big Col
28th January 2005, 01:44 AM
Hmmm. I might be able to find a source for this tomorrow...

Monsta Mo Mini
28th January 2005, 01:46 AM
Halfords sell replacement mesh.

Scottie
28th January 2005, 01:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Don't know myself but i'm interested, Is this to put on an aero kit rear bumper instead of the stickers :question:

BS,

if its only for the rear bumper you should be able to buy online at the likes of ghost styling or speeding but because I can not get mesh to match whats on the car I'm having to replace the lot and the front bumper is where the problem is as most common size is 100cmx30cm.

Scottie
28th January 2005, 01:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Halfords sell replacement mesh.

they do but not in my size:(

Big Col
28th January 2005, 01:50 AM
We use mesh coupling guards here. The company that supplied them should be able to supply what you're looking for. I'll try and get a contact tomorrow when the purchase department are back in.

Gismo
28th January 2005, 01:59 AM
Fi, have you already done the rear bumper then :question: if so, were you happy enough cutting out the "hole" and how did you attach the mesh :question:
Sorry a wee bit off topic :p

Scottie
28th January 2005, 06:17 AM

Fi, have you already done the rear bumper then :question: if so, were you happy enough cutting out the "hole" and how did you attach the mesh :question:

we sorry I should say Allan used a angle grinder to cut shaped by hand and it was fix by bituim based adhesive.

Heather
28th January 2005, 09:06 AM
Fiona,
This place does 1200 by 300. might be worth a look.
http://www.ccmotorsport.co.uk/mesh.htm

Scottie
8th February 2005, 12:18 AM
got my mesh today and it was not easy to source but thanks to Glow Group Glasgow we now have the size required.:D

Julz
8th February 2005, 01:22 AM

Plus, to hold the mesh in place until the adhesive sets, use an elastic band or similar, looped through the mesh then over a lolly stick, or nearby piece of wood, and twist it till it's tight and then place the stick in.... infact, how on earth do you explain this without a picture..... hud the mesh in place using a band and a stick with the stick and mesh being held tight against each other at either sides of the kit by the pull of the band....:clown: I need and etch-a-sketch!!:approve:

MartinSullivan
8th February 2005, 01:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I need and etch-a-sketch!!:approve:

http://www.etch-a-sketch.com/html/onlineetch.htm

Scottie
8th February 2005, 01:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Plus, to hold the mesh in place until the adhesive sets, use an elastic band or similar, looped through the mesh then over a lolly stick, or nearby piece of wood, and twist it till it's tight and then place the stick in.... infact, how on earth do you explain this without a picture..... hud the mesh in place using a band and a stick with the stick and mesh being held tight against each other at either sides of the kit by the pull of the band....:clown: I need and etch-a-sketch!!:approve:

or you could use tie pulls ;):p

Big Col
8th February 2005, 04:22 AM
oooh WAY more of a pain to cut than a lacky band!