PDA

View Full Version : New Body Kit's

Mini Me
27th January 2005, 02:57 AM
Hi folks, Due to popular demand ,Menzies are looking to run a special offer on Aero Kits during the month of March :D:D

What i an trying to establish just now is approx amount who would be interested,as this will affect the price....:eek:
ie, the more we order ,the better chance we have of getting a bigger discount,which means much cheapness for you guy's:p:p;)

Anyone :question::question:

The Dogfather
27th January 2005, 05:35 AM
Maybe! Depends on how much!

sleepyrascal
27th January 2005, 08:12 AM
again, depends how many bucks...

Jeff
28th January 2005, 05:18 AM
I have also registered my interest!!!!! (in person straight to the horses mouth :cool:)

Mini Me
28th January 2005, 05:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jeff

I have also registered my interest!!!!! (in person straight to the horses mouth :cool:)

Suppose iv'e been called worse:D;)

euan
28th January 2005, 06:42 PM
I'd be interested in the side skirts, if you can deliver them down south, and depending on price!

Big Col
28th January 2005, 06:49 PM
You certainly were on your Saturday off, even if it wasn't your fault and you weren't there to hear it...;)

Starky
28th January 2005, 07:44 PM
Are they colour coded? will it be fitted price?

Mini Me
28th January 2005, 07:57 PM
Now i know this will make one certain NMS Heckler vary angry, however this is a special deal arranged for March through BMW..................

Full MINI Aero Kit (front and rear bumpers,side skirts)
£990 + VAT (£1163.25 inc.) FULLY FITTED

Big Col
28th January 2005, 08:13 PM
Ok. Genuinely pi$$ed off now!

I've had the car 13 days!

Starky
29th January 2005, 12:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Now i know this will make one certain NMS Heckler vary angry, however this is a special deal arranged for March through BMW..................

Full MINI Aero Kit (front and rear bumpers,side skirts)
£990 + VAT (£1163.25 inc.) FULLY FITTED

Fair price but are they colour coded?

The Dogfather
29th January 2005, 01:11 AM
How much unfitted?

Heather
29th January 2005, 01:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

No...they are going to fit it primer grey:p

Wul
29th January 2005, 09:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Col - dinnae blame you mate!

:(:dead:

sleepyrascal
29th January 2005, 11:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

why is col pi$$ed off?

Mini Me
29th January 2005, 05:44 PM

Ok ,ok, i had no idea this going to happen in March when Col got his car,it is true that at the time i was trying to get a fixed discounted price for NMS members worked out with the Parts Manager:(.<i do try people>
This deal that will be going ahead in MARCHis an aftersales incentive between Bodyshop and aftersales managers and BMW direct.At no time was i ,or have i been involved.
The first i heard of this particular deal was on Tuesday.
If i had, for 1 second thoght or new this was going to happen i would have told Col......mmmfffr:dead::disapprove:

Jeff
29th January 2005, 08:24 PM
I can confirm that I am the first beneficiary of this deal and am booked in for the first of March. The rumours about the kits falling of the back of a lorry:blackeye: somewhere between Germany and Ecosse or coming with instructions bolts and spanners are completely untrue!!! Lol:cool:

GAJ
29th January 2005, 08:35 PM

The way I see it Col thought that it was a good enough deal when he bought the car, otherwise he wouldn't have bought it. Minime is offering the members of the site a really good deal that was not available then, if it had been Col would have known about it. Them's the breaks!! Time to move on I think and congratulate Minime on being able to offer this bargain price.

Mini Me
29th January 2005, 09:33 PM
<creeping back out from under ma desk> is it safe now:blackeye::blackeye::eek::question:

Starky
30th January 2005, 02:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

No...they are going to fit it primer grey:p

I'm genuinely interested in getting this kit, is it a dumb question:question: I honestly have no idea whether these are colour coded, primer grey or pink for that matter :p:D Cheers anyway for the overwhelming response to my query :blackeye::p:D:D

Gismo
30th January 2005, 03:06 AM
I'm genuinely interested in getting this kit, is it a dumb question:question: I honestly have no idea whether these are colour coded, primer grey or pink for that matter :p:D Cheers anyway for the overwhelming response to my query :blackeye::p:D:D
John, yes, the kit will be painted and fully fitted, you should also get your existing bumpers back and then you can sell them on.
I got £113 for my bumpers ;)

Scottie
30th January 2005, 03:36 AM
what is the normal price:question:

or

how much is the saving:question:

Mini Me
30th January 2005, 04:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

or

Normal cost is £1600 inc vat fitted;)

Scottie
30th January 2005, 04:19 AM

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

or

Normal cost is £1600 inc vat fitted;)

Ok I know i've already got the areo kit for the cabrio but was wondering would the cabrio kit be included in this deal thinking good to have a spare just on case.;)

Sad I know

Mini Me
30th January 2005, 04:35 AM
The cabrio kit will be included i think(to be honest after the day iv'e had ,you would probably get a better answer from the we man selling the big issue):blackeye::sleepy:
But if you want to buy a spare kit,i can see if they will sell it unfitted,cos it's cheap as chips:p
Are you sure your not related to Bill Gates:question::question:Scottie Coop,laird of inverness and larbert;)

Scottie
30th January 2005, 04:54 AM

The cabrio kit will be included i think(to be honest after the day iv'e had ,you would probably get a better answer from the we man selling the big issue):blackeye::sleepy:
But if you want to buy a spare kit,i can see if they will sell it unfitted,cos it's cheap as chips:p
Are you sure your not related to Bill Gates:question::question:Scottie Coop,laird of inverness and larbert;)

Oh well no. Wish I was would have a mini in every colour:D

Daughter of Mr MacGregor laird of Dunblane or he thought he was better not say to much some might know my brothers god forbid that.

I have a huge credit card limit;)

Scottie
30th January 2005, 04:57 AM
Iain.

Just realised you will know two of my brothers if not by name then buy reputation

both bought BMW one a M series from Menzies.

Mini Me
30th January 2005, 04:57 AM
I can see us becoming very good friends o'loaded one...........:p;)
u think Alan would mind you having a special friend:eek::blackeye::p
I can cook ,clean and get a very good discount on MINI's;)

Scottie
30th January 2005, 05:00 AM

I can see us becoming very good friends o'loaded one...........:p;)
u think Alan would mind you having a special friend:eek::blackeye::p
I can cook ,clean and get a very good discount on MINI's;)

sa can he;) well as good as any man can.:p

the discount bit is tempting:evil:

Wul
30th January 2005, 09:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

The way I see it Col thought that it was a good enough deal when he bought the car, otherwise he wouldn't have bought it. Minime is offering the members of the site a really good deal that was not available then, if it had been Col would have known about it. Them's the breaks!! Time to move on I think and congratulate Minime on being able to offer this bargain price.

GAJ - I agree that Minime is offering and excellent deal to the NMS members but there are other "circumstances" to which Col has a right to be a wee bit upset - but not at minime.

No offence intended minime.

Smurf
30th January 2005, 06:20 PM
OK minime, another daft question.

If this is an aftersales thing, would the discount still apply to ordering new cars with the aero kit? I'm still planning on coming to see you in the spring sometime, to talk trade-in etc..... If this deal applies to new orders in March, that will make me save all the harder! :)

mgemie
30th January 2005, 07:46 PM
I'm seriously considering a journey down to pay you a visit minime... to experience the excellent aftersales care of menzies. I may also get an aero kit vitted as well...lol

This is prob a stupid question but...is it still possible to have a bodykit painted in Indi Blue? Also, what time factor would i be looking at for fitted of this kit, esp since a large number of people will be booked in for fitting?

Mini Me
30th January 2005, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

I'm seriously considering a journey down to pay you a visit minime... to experience the excellent aftersales care of menzies. I may also get an aero kit vitted as well...lol

This is prob a stupid question but...is it still possible to have a bodykit painted in Indi Blue? Also, what time factor would i be looking at for fitted of this kit, esp since a large number of people will be booked in for fitting?

Indy Blue no probs,we are currenty booking in for first week in march week in March:D
As far as time goes , we need it for approx half a day.
So you could come up,leave the car and i could drop you off in the town and phone you when it's finished.....will even come back and pick you up;)
You would need to move quick,as the uptake is a wee bit bigger than anticipated:eek:

Starky
30th January 2005, 10:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

John, yes, the kit will be painted and fully fitted, you should also get your existing bumpers back and then you can sell them on.
I got £113 for my bumpers ;)

Thanks for that Alan :) if Iain can confirm this with me by email or pm, I'll give him some more business :) got to be leccy blue though :p:D

Mini Me
31st January 2005, 03:52 AM
youv' got mail..:p

Starky
31st January 2005, 04:01 AM
You also :p

Mini Me
31st January 2005, 04:03 AM

Note to all ,if you want to advantage of this offer<best deal you will ever get with a reciept):p
Can you please call me at the Showroom 01786 449370 so i get you booked in.

Your faithful servant
The Corporate Gimp:p;)

minidriver#1
31st January 2005, 04:10 AM
minime, i have an aero kit already, but would it be cheeky to ask how much you could colour code my aero kit for? :P

Mini Me
31st January 2005, 04:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

minime, i have an aero kit already, but would it be cheeky to ask how much you could colour code my aero kit for? :P

ask me another:(:(:(
take cover......

£1000.:eek::blackeye:
<runs and hides>

KINGHORN
31st January 2005, 05:03 AM
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3182

£350

mgemie
31st January 2005, 06:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimeIndy Blue no probs,we are currenty booking in for first week in march week in March:D
As far as time goes , we need it for approx half a day.
So you could come up,leave the car and i could drop you off in the town and phone you when it's finished.....will even come back and pick you up;)
You would need to move quick,as the uptake is a wee bit bigger than anticipated:eek:

I should have my custom exhuast fitted by march... Seeing as the One/Cooper aero rear bumper has the exhuast hole shaped into the bumper - would you be able to re-shape the bumper to suit my exhuast when fitted i.e cut another hole at other side?

Mini Me
31st January 2005, 07:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3182

£350

Is that earth pounds:question::eek::blackeye::p

sh@z
31st January 2005, 09:30 PM
I got my arches and plasticky bits on aero kit done for about £250 by a bodyshop nearby..... and BMW bodyshop quoted me somit like £700 ;)

That was them taking the arches off the car and painting them, not just painting them as is on the car.

Big Gordy
31st January 2005, 09:34 PM
I think Iain's covered the BMW painting issue before:blackeye: Something to do with BMW using water based paints which are very expensive but environmentally friendly:) a bit like Iain really:D :p:D:approve:

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 08:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

I think Iain's covered the BMW painting issue before:blackeye: Something to do with BMW using water based paints which are very expensive but environmentally friendly:) a bit like Iain really:D :p:D:approve:

:Iaw shucks;)
c'mon folks,take them while there going it's a £500 saving:pand we only have limited numbers......
Don't want you guys asking for a kit ,and there ain't any left:disapprove::disapprove:

Smurf
1st February 2005, 07:08 PM
Does this offer apply to new cars being ordered?
(Asked you before - but I think you missed it...)

I have a feeling I know the answer to this.... :(

The Dogfather
1st February 2005, 07:57 PM
Iain - I've decide not to kit!

Looking at upgrading to leather heated seats instead ;)

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf
Does this offer apply to new cars being ordered?
(Asked you before - but I think you missed it...)

I have a feeling I know the answer to this.... :(

Yes, as long as you take delivery of the new car in March;)is goes for all MINI's :D

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 08:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Iain - I've decide not to kit!

Looking at upgrading to leather heated seats instead ;)

<ponders> i think we still have the leather heated seats from my JCW somewhere in the dealership.....
It ain't the sort of thing they would just give away,but they are brand new and i could ask if you are interested:)

The Dogfather
1st February 2005, 08:17 PM
Does that include rears?

PM how much (and fitting), just in case Fiona decides to keep hold of hers.

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 09:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Does that include rears?

PM how much (and fitting), just in case Fiona decides to keep hold of hers.

It is only the front's, i will check when i'm back to tomorrow:D

Big Col
1st February 2005, 09:58 PM
Or alternatively Iain if BDM doesn't buy them you could stick them back in the works 'S and sell me the works seats...:D

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 10:01 PM
Or alternatively Iain if BDM doesn't buy them you could stick them back in the works 'S and sell me the works seats...:D

Aw i couldn't do that to the work's ,thats nearly as cruel as me putting 5 stars an your old MINI:eek::(

Big Col
1st February 2005, 10:08 PM
<splutters> It IS NOT! Anyway...a few hundred quid off the price might help you sell it since you're having nae luck just now. The pressure to get it sold must be mounting now if you want a new motor...:D

Mini Me
1st February 2005, 10:14 PM
<splutters> It IS NOT! Anyway...a few hundred quid off the price might help you sell it since you're having nae luck just now. The pressure to get it sold must be mounting now if you want a new motor...:D

mmffrrr, go away:dead::dead:<it does need to go though>
Anyway , time to get this thread back on topic me thinks...

COME AND GET YOUR CHEAP BODY KITS, ONE MONTH ONLY...BARGIN PRICE;)

Mini Me
3rd February 2005, 06:49 AM
Come on peeps, since i joined NMS i have had dozens of e-mails asking for body kit's...:D:D
and now we can do them with £500 discount,nobody wants them....:dead:
is it something i said:disapprove::eek:

Smurf
3rd February 2005, 04:16 PM
I do want one! BUT I doubt I'll be taking delivery of a new car in March.....

Just keep the offer open until I speak to you about a new car!

;):D

Big Col
3rd February 2005, 04:38 PM
Would it not count if Smurf orders the body kit in March Iain? Is that a wee loophole that can be exploited?

Crombers
3rd February 2005, 10:24 PM

Come on peeps, since i joined NMS i have had dozens of e-mails asking for body kit's...:D:D
and now we can do them with £500 discount,nobody wants them....:dead:
is it something i said:disapprove::eek:

No no , I,m sure it's nowt you've said.

I,d personally prefer to keep my MINI original , as it was when it drove out of "plant" Oxford.

Mini Me
5th February 2005, 09:57 PM

mmffrrr, go away:dead::dead:<it does need to go though>
Anyway , time to get this thread back on topic me thinks...

COME AND GET YOUR CHEAP BODY KITS, ONE MONTH ONLY...BARGIN PRICE;)

£1163.25 in VAT FITTED.....Come on Folks:p

Smurf
5th February 2005, 10:51 PM
Would it not count if Smurf orders the body kit in March Iain? Is that a wee loophole that can be exploited?

I think minime is ignoring you Col! :)
:p

Mini Me
5th February 2005, 11:47 PM

I think minime is ignoring you Col! :)
:p

No, no we spoke today...;)
The problem i have is i can only do the deal in MARCH, but we are forward sold until April:disapprove:
But, i may have something in stock for you as i have some new cars available, but we realy need to talk;)as i don't know what you are looking for:question::question::question: gees a phone 01786 449370

Smurf
6th February 2005, 12:24 AM
Will call you soon.

:)

Mini Me
7th February 2005, 02:42 AM

Will call you soon.

:)

:p;)

Big Col
7th February 2005, 03:16 AM

No, no we spoke today...;)

and Iain will confirm that I made a point of mentioning you Smurf and also offered him a possible solution! :approve:

Smurf
7th February 2005, 04:31 AM
Yes, Col, he did say you nagged him to death about a kit for me! :D
Thanks for arguing my case - Iain and I have come to an arrangement about the kit.......

:D:p

Big Col
7th February 2005, 04:35 AM
"nagged him to death" is a bit extreme but I did try and help! Knew he's sort it! He's not a bad old spud but don't tell 'im I said. :) Glad you got it sorted out. :D

Mini Me
7th February 2005, 06:46 AM
"nagged him to death" is a bit extreme but I did try and help! Knew he's sort it! He's not a bad old spud but don't tell 'im I said. :) Glad you got it sorted out. :D

Smurf beat me with a VERY BIG STICK,and i caved in the end.......;)

Col ,nag.......never:p

Mini Me
10th February 2005, 08:24 AM
Come on folks,offer not to be missed.I don't want everyone looking for the aero kits after march,when they have went back from £1163 , to £1700:eek::)

eddie 44
11th February 2005, 10:47 PM
what a bout just the sills ........:question:

Chris04
12th February 2005, 09:10 PM
Eddie,
for a set of primed sills with your fantabulous NMS discount they would be a superb £266 inc vat.

chris

Mini-Dave
15th February 2005, 04:11 AM
quote:

Would be good to have this price applied to my invoice..or should i wait and get the car 1st march?

Mini Me
15th February 2005, 06:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini-Dave

quote:

Would be good to have this price applied to my invoice..or should i wait and get the car 1st march?

There's a chance it won't be here in time anyway,so i would hold off;)call me on wednesday:)
It would mean you wouldn't get it on the 1st,cos i can't invoice the price quoted until then,then re-send the doc's to BMW...:disapprove:

Mini-Dave
15th February 2005, 06:10 AM
....your a busy man even for your days off..

enjoy tomorrow, will annoy you when you get back to work on Wednesday...

then we can discuss freebies:p

Mini Me
15th February 2005, 08:32 AM
<coughsandnearlychokes>Free whaties ???????

Mini Me
18th February 2005, 05:12 AM
Don't forget about this one folks;)

Mini-Dave
18th February 2005, 06:52 AM
Iain,

How much to get the wheel arches colour coded?;)

Mini Me
18th February 2005, 06:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini-Dave

Iain,

How much to get the wheel arches colour coded?;)

:disapprove:Oh no not again, you dinnae want to ask me that:eek::blackeye:

Mini-Dave
18th February 2005, 06:46 PM
just wondered.

Coming into see you later any way.:p

Jeff
25th February 2005, 05:48 AM
Iain, you gonnae be about on Tuesday:question: when my cooper is in your capable hands to get kitted out. Big Col says I have to heckle you thats all:D!!!! Plus rumour would have it that you are on 10% commission each sale:Dnow who told me that?:p

Mini Me
25th February 2005, 08:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jeff

Iain, you gonnae be about on Tuesday:question: when my cooper is in your capable hands to get kitted out. Big Col says I have to heckle you thats all:D!!!! Plus rumour would have it that you are on 10% commission each sale:Dnow who told me that?:p

Yeh, like am gonna get the 1st off march off:(:D.(i will be there)
Dont listen to that big puff......10% commision....nae chance:eek::dead:
Who told you that i wonder :question::question:

sh@z
25th February 2005, 08:27 AM
He wouldnt get out of bed for 10% commision, 15% at least!

Big Col
25th February 2005, 04:52 PM

<raises one eyebrow> You'd better not be talking about me there Mr. Brown since I've never told a soul about your 10% commission since you asked me not to! :mad:

Mini Me
26th February 2005, 05:29 AM

<raises one eyebrow> You'd better not be talking about me there Mr. Brown since I've never told a soul about your 10% commission since you asked me not to! :mad:

Would i Col;)<wegonnaripthearseoottheworks>:p:evil:

Scottie
14th March 2005, 08:16 PM
BMW Dealer is selling Aero Kit painted for £835.00 + VAT.

Seen the post on MINI2

Carrs Bury St Edmunds.

Got to say on my trip to Leda in January had to use this dealer for a wee fix on the Cabrio and got great service.