PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Refurbing - Edinburgh Area

Wul
27th January 2005, 12:30 AM
Anyone know of a good place to Powder coat me alloys? Needs to be a same day service as car is always in constant use.

Newlife tyres quoted me £270 which I though was a bit steep given what you can pick up a set of tyres and wheels on ebay for!!

Saw on yell a place in dundee called refurb-alloy - anyone any experience of these dudes?

After seeing Big Cols wheels thinking of going for a dark silver/ black chrome effect :cool:

euan
27th January 2005, 12:43 AM
You know, I'd thought the same thing, but don't think it work so well against the EB. Would look great with IB though.

Wul
28th January 2005, 02:22 AM
Found a place round the corner from my work that'll do them for £30 a wheel if i remove the tyres or £35 for them to do it - goes up to £40/45 for more complex designs/ colours. But it's a 2-day shot with no wheels :(

these fellas: http://www.premierpowdercoating.co.uk/

Moonshine
28th January 2005, 05:30 PM
if you want you can borrow my spare 17" spokes for the time your wheels are getting done.

Let me know..

Gerry

KenL
28th January 2005, 11:32 PM
What happened to your wheels Wul?

Big Gordy
28th January 2005, 11:53 PM
I don't think he's done anything to them Ken. I think it's more to do with Col getting his wheel centres done a different colour from the outer rims and Wul fancies some of the same :D On the other hand maybe he's been doing some rallycross on site and needs them all done now:dead: Who knows;) :p:D:approve:

Wul
29th January 2005, 09:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

What happened to your wheels Wul?

Thanks for rallying to my defence big G but sadly the rims are suffering from abuse! :I yup every single rim now has a scuff on them - got a good touch up match but doesn't look too good on a 3" scuff!! :I:clown::blackeye:

Gerry - cheers for the offer - if I cannae get a loaner from the work for those 2 days might take you up on it! Waiting on costs for removing and refitting the tyres before making my mind up.

But defo interesrted in getting my rims done in the black chrome effect as it looks :cool: