PDA

View Full Version : Charity cruise for all modified cars

minidriver#1
23rd January 2005, 10:13 AM
http://moddedmotors.com/forum/files/skoolsoutkruise2005tsunamia_179.jpg

i'll be going along with some folk from dundee but also wanted to see if some of you guys wanted to go along too :) plenty of room for cars in the playground.

Nenah
23rd January 2005, 11:20 AM
Free Pies???????????????????????

OK I'll be there! MinuteMan Aberdeen are my prefered printers too - Alex and Alison are ace! Do I need to do anything special to show my modified mini off??? ;)

minidriver#1
23rd January 2005, 10:05 PM
yes, me in the drivers seat ;) :P

Julz
23rd January 2005, 11:38 PM
Och, I would've gone but I'll be at the mini2 ball doon sooth!:clown:

Nenah
30th January 2005, 01:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

yes, me in the drivers seat ;) :P

mmmm....not too sure about that!!! :eek:..but I'll be there anyway! :cool:

minidriver#1
30th January 2005, 03:04 AM
hehe. we should arrange a meeting place before the cruise.... broughty ferry castle or something.

Nenah
1st February 2005, 09:23 PM

hehe. we should arrange a meeting place before the cruise.... broughty ferry castle or something.

Yep, good idea! Please PM me with details so I dont forget!

Who else on here can we round up?

Scottie (275BHP modification i think?) - you keen?

BonnieScotland (240BHP BBR) - you interested in joining the modified car cruise?

...and anyone who's interested in a wee run and day out, feel free!
:)

Gismo
1st February 2005, 09:29 PM
Sorry, i'll be attending the MINI2 ball :)

Big Col
1st February 2005, 10:03 PM
He's cinderella.

minidriver#1
5th February 2005, 05:24 AM
if ScottieCoop could make it that'd be sweet... also David Yip?

Scottie
5th February 2005, 07:24 AM

if ScottieCoop could make it that'd be sweet... also David Yip?

right I'll speak to my mum need to sweet talk her into doing some doggy sitting first.

will let you know.

Gismo
5th February 2005, 08:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
He's cinderella.
:evil:

Heather
5th February 2005, 08:59 AM
He's cinderella.

*cough*ugly sister*cough*:p

Gismo
5th February 2005, 06:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Heather
*cough*ugly sister*cough*:p
Sassin Frassin Go pick on LnL ;)

minidriver#1
11th February 2005, 09:08 AM
right, Fast Car photographers are going to be present, as well as an advert for this in the daily record. Since there are some NMS members going i was wondering if it was possible to have the NMS banner for this and do a club stand?

Nenah
11th February 2005, 12:25 PM
As you may well know, my Winnie is in at the health spa (bodyshop) at present having some TLC (repairs) - I'm told she will check-out at the end of next week (fingers, toes and anything else crossed!:() - so I will let you know closer to 26th in case she requires an extra week off the road to deal with any post-traumatic shock disorder! 8)

Dont want to miss an oppotunity for Winnie to be the Fast-Car Covergirl (in teh two wheel catagory) ! :D

Monsta Mo Mini
11th February 2005, 05:49 PM
He's cinderella.

Pumpkin!;)

Julz
11th February 2005, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

As you may well know, my Winnie is in at the health spa (bodyshop) at present having some TLC (repairs) - I'm told she will check-out at the end of next week (fingers, toes and anything else crossed!:() - so I will let you know closer to 26th in case she requires an extra week off the road to deal with any post-traumatic shock disorder! 8)

Would she appreciate a get well card, bunch of flowers and some grapes??;):clown:

minidriver#1
11th February 2005, 06:45 PM
Lucozade too ;)

G2 - S
12th February 2005, 04:04 AM
Convoy from Aberdeen folks? Ours isn't Modded but most likely be going anyway!

Scottie
12th February 2005, 05:27 AM
Hey kj,

how long would the day be :question:

Nenah
12th February 2005, 09:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Would she appreciate a get well card, bunch of flowers and some grapes??;):clown:

Youre too kind! Not sure any more get well cards and fruit baskets will fit on her bedside. I'm surprised how attached I am to my mini and how upset I was/am seeing her in a state! She'll be back to her old whinning self v.soon! :)

Nenah
12th February 2005, 09:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by G2 - S

Convoy from Aberdeen folks? Ours isn't Modded but most likely be going anyway!

Yep, I'm up for an Aberdeen convoy if I've Winnie back - for sure! Keep me posted.:)

minidriver#1
12th February 2005, 06:47 PM
the day starts at 11, but i reckon getting there early to get a good spot is imperitive. The day would last as long as you want it really, although i reckon staying at least till 2ish or so would be good as the guy from Fast Car wants all the car stands to be photographed for Fast Car. I'll find out more information when i can :)

Julz
12th February 2005, 07:44 PM
Youre too kind! Not sure any more get well cards and fruit baskets will fit on her bedside. I'm surprised how attached I am to my mini and how upset I was/am seeing her in a state! She'll be back to her old whinning self v.soon! :)

It's amazing what an effect a chunk of metal can have on you:) (I still have 2 of my old cars, don't know whether it's love or laziness as to why I haven't sold them!!:I:kiss:)

minidriver#1
12th February 2005, 08:46 PM
this cruise finishes at 5pm, so its a long day, i reckon a few wee drives up and down the high street will be in order lol.

minidriver#1
14th February 2005, 12:44 AM
ok so can i have definate names for this? we could meet up Broughty Castle in broughty ferry, dundee at 10.15

Nenah
14th February 2005, 05:29 AM

ok so can i have definate names for this? we could meet up Broughty Castle in broughty ferry, dundee at 10.15

Yes, definate if I have Winnie back. :)

minidriver#1
14th February 2005, 06:14 AM
*fingers crossed*
1. KJ
2. Nenah

more more more.

Nenah
21st February 2005, 11:47 AM
I was supposed to pick up Winnie last friday but I was told extra 10 working days wait due to BBR parts delay and one of the two new alloys going AWOL on courier route to JC Bodyshop...me thinks I'm not supposed to have these alloys on my car (in light of the alloy manufacturing causing/contributing to accident!) - anyway, looks like I now wont make this run unless they have a class for modified minis with only two wheels !?? Totally disappointed! :( Winnie's covergirl dreams shot to bits!!!:disapprove::disapprove:

minidriver#1
21st February 2005, 07:38 PM
so its just me holding the fort? lol. never mind, Cullen is the priority! hehe :)

Gismo
21st February 2005, 09:16 PM
I was supposed to pick up Winnie last friday but I was told extra 10 working days wait due to BBR parts delay
Sorry, off topic a wee bit :I what BBR parts were damaged :question:
Hope you're back on the road soon

Julz
21st February 2005, 10:18 PM
I'm guessing the bits that make the front lower than the back!! Only guessing though!! And yes Nenah, I agree, you weren't meant to have these alloys;)!! (any excuse to buy new shoes eh!!:p:p)

Nenah
24th February 2005, 04:29 AM
Yeah - its parts for the BBR Powergrip Suspension....how ironic! :(

minidriver#1
24th February 2005, 05:38 AM
this is looking doubtful due to the severe weather conditions at the moment. doesnt matter really since i'm the only one going anyways! lol

Scottie
28th February 2005, 05:13 AM
how did the day go any pics:)

minidriver#1
28th February 2005, 05:19 AM
i've not got anypics myself but there are some galleries being made, i'll post links when the cruise sites have em up, i'll have my face in Fast Car though as they had a photographer present hehe.

Also the show went really well, we had the Supra clubs turn up along with a few Skylines and a lot of jap vehicles, some good euro cars too including an old skool Corrado G60. Surprised only one new mini and new classics. around £1000 was raised for the Tsunami Aid fund although that is still to be confirmed, and i'm hoping that this will become an anual event with a different charity being honoured each year.