PDA

View Full Version : The age ol' problem

Big Col
19th January 2005, 07:33 AM
I now have pics of me lil baby but I have no idea how to post them on here! Heeeeelp!

The Dogfather
19th January 2005, 07:46 AM
If your registered on MINI 2 use the gallery!

If not email them to me and I'll sort them....

GAJ
19th January 2005, 09:03 AM
Best not to use MINI2's gallery space if you can avoid it. Paul Mullet provides that webspace for use on his site; it's not really cricket for us to leech his bandwidth. I'm sure most of us have used our MINI2 galleries to do this in the past (read on!;)) but it may be time to start using dedicated sites in case/before it becomes an issue. There are plenty free photo hosting sites you can use to get your pics into cyberspace.

Instructions explaining how to make them visible here can be found on this thread. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=312)

Big Col
19th January 2005, 05:11 PM
Here we go!

If I post them normally the pics go huuuuuuuuge so I had to post them as thumbnails. If anyone knows how to make 'em just a lil bit bigger let me know. :)

Thanks to ImageShack for the free hosting by the way! www.imageshack.us

Edited to remove pics as they're now posted later! :D

Julz
19th January 2005, 05:29 PM
Very nice indeedy!!:D

MartinSullivan
19th January 2005, 05:32 PM
Looking good Col

Big Col
19th January 2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks lil J! :D

Note to all! I WILL be cleaning him at the weekend but it's been snowing for god's sake!!! The lambswool mitt is on it's way!

MartinSullivan
19th January 2005, 05:41 PM
I think you just need to resize your images before you upload them to imageshack (about 500 x 300 should do, any half decent graphics package should let you do it). I just tried it with one of my images and that works.

Big Col
19th January 2005, 05:44 PM
<scurries off to photoshop>

http://img133.exs.cx/img133/6342/phwoar4bq.jpg

http://img133.exs.cx/img133/306/mmmmmmm0pi.jpg

http://img133.exs.cx/img133/1028/rims8jo.jpg

Thanks MS! :D:cool::)

The Dogfather
19th January 2005, 05:54 PM
I take it back yellow isn't so bad after all :p

Smart looking mota!

MartinSullivan
19th January 2005, 05:57 PM
Looks even better now Col - you must be well chuffed, makes up for all the hard work of dealing with Minime I bet ;)

Big Col
19th January 2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks BD. :I He nearly caused an accident on the M8 last night as two young women nearly ran into the lorry in front of them so they could pull up next to me to point at him and give me the thumbs up. I was more than a little surprised as it's normally a totally different digit that women stick up at me. :)

Thank you too MS. Whilst the pain of dealing with minime will never fully go away, me little meastie certainly sooths it. :D

The Dogfather
19th January 2005, 06:10 PM
Col, the next challenge for you is to figure out how to include thumbnails in your signature which open up into big images when clicked!

Wul
19th January 2005, 06:20 PM
Fantasic looking mowta Big Col - you've come up trumps there boy!!

Love the wheels too - what are they?

:cool:

Big Col
19th January 2005, 06:27 PM
Cheers Wul! <beams happily>

The wheels are the new optional BMW split rims called "web spoke" or summat. I'm really chuffed with them! Praise be to the BMW paint shop for doing such an awesome job coating them!

BD I know my limits mate. I'm not even gonna attempt the clicky go big! :)

GAJ
19th January 2005, 06:48 PM
Nice wheels!

Gismo
19th January 2005, 06:54 PM
Col, get the cheque book out again, your car, as braw as it is, would look even better with the arches painted ;)

Scottie
19th January 2005, 07:01 PM
Really good looking motor.

Just look at those wheels really smart and the big wide tyre tread mark left behind in the snow in the first pic.

Also got to say over the years mainly pre mini that I have always found dealing with Ian (in his Parts days) and Barry (who sadly left a few years ago) to be top class.

Big Col
19th January 2005, 07:15 PM
Thaks Gaj. I rather like 'em too. :D

BS I thought about that and even got it priced but I decided the black arches go really well with the black grill, mirrors, roof and stripes. I don't the car would look as good with Yellow arches.

Fi, I never actually noticed the big fat tyre trad mark until you said! Cool! :cool:. Just to clarify on the Iain comments, my comment about Iain being a pain to deal with was 100% tounge in cheek. He was top class from the out set and has been excellent throughout my buying process and remained chipper and patient despite the fact he had 7 different versions of my car priced up at one point (although to be fair I think I was getting to the end of his patience reserves towards the end there! :D) I'd highly recommend Menzies to anyone. (even if one of their sales staff does have rather odd blue hair at the moment. ;))

Gismo
19th January 2005, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
BS I thought about that and even got it priced but I decided the black arches go really well with the black grill, mirrors, roof and stripes. I don't the car would look as good with Yellow arches.
I meant black :p

Big Col
19th January 2005, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
I meant black :p

:mad:Awwwww DAMMIT now you're gone and got me thinking!!!:mad:;)

Scottie
19th January 2005, 07:42 PM
Thaks Gaj. I rather like 'em too. :D

Fi, I never actually noticed the big fat tyre trad mark until you said! Cool! :cool:. Just to clarify on the Iain comments, my comment about Iain being a pain to deal with was 100% tounge in cheek. He was top class from the out set and has been excellent throughout my buying process and remained chipper and patient despite the fact he had 7 different versions of my car priced up at one point (although to be fair I think I was getting to the end of his patience reserves towards the end there! :D) I'd highly recommend Menzies to anyone. (even if one of their sales staff does have rather odd blue hair at the moment. ;))

Iain are you reading this:D was wondering since I managed to get big col to make this statement;) on how good you are what a great salesman etc:cool: would you could you get my flip paint price reduced by a couple of grand.:D

Burple
19th January 2005, 07:58 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!! :D :D :D :D

Lookin good ya big Dobber! ;):D:cool::cool::cool:

Mini Me
19th January 2005, 08:08 PM
Sorry Fi i'm limited to on miracle a year, and getting Col's car ready was it in 24hrs was it:p
you still pondering???

Heather
19th January 2005, 09:12 PM
Looking good col, hoping to see it around shawlands soon!:D

Fontal
19th January 2005, 09:32 PM
A carbon scoop might look the dogs nuts ;)

Smurf
19th January 2005, 09:34 PM
Looks great Col !!

I'm STILL trying to save, so I can change mine this year.
Assuming I stop booking holidays - you'll have another customer minime!

:D

Gismo
19th January 2005, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal
A carbon scoop might look the dogs nuts ;)

Sfunny you should say that ;)

Big Col
19th January 2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks Heather. I keep checking the lights of every silver mini that passes me incase it turns out to be you. I should really just look for the stripes as it'll save me getting such sore eyes. :)

I'm already pondering the c/f scoop Fontal. I really like the yellow though so I'm torn.

Thank you too Smurf. Sod the holidays! Just go to St. Andys and buy and 'S. :D

Crombers
19th January 2005, 10:02 PM
around shawlands eh!

Used to live in Niddrie Road & parents & bro live in Mearns & Giffnock. Will keep ma eyes open for the wee (she is a beauty) beastie as I,m usually drivin through every week or so

GAJ
19th January 2005, 11:00 PM
I keep checking the lights of every silver mini that passes me incase it turns out to be you. I should really just look for the stripes as it'll save me getting such sore eyes. :)

Better looking for the stripes! The flame lights are no more!:eek:

Starky
19th January 2005, 11:49 PM
Nice motor Col, all the best with it and watch all them icy patches. :D

euan
21st January 2005, 05:54 PM
Yup, that thing looks SUPERB. I'm loving those wheels, much as I love my R90's, they would be a very welcome alternative :)

Nice choice mate :)

Big Col
21st January 2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys. :D I keep meaning to take a pic of the interiour to show off me anthracite roof lining too. They also seem to have dulled down the buff marks on the alloy patina so it doesn't look totally unfinished any more. (Just a lil unfinished Wul. :p)

The wee lights that light up the centre console are really cool. The ones you cannie see where the light is coming from until you put your hand under them. They amuse me. The puddle lights in the doors are also pretty cool.

The DSC sucks for nippy starts from the lights though and it's pretty unnerving when you think "I'll make it ound that corner in plenty of time if I get a buzz on" and then it just kills all power!

My lights also don't stay on for a lil while anymore when you turn the ignition off before the lights and the auto lights put the sides on even in bright sunlight! I think these can be adjusted by the dealer though...Iain?

Scottie
21st January 2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys. :D I keep meaning to take a pic of the interiour to show off me anthracite roof lining too. They also seem to have dulled down the buff marks on the alloy patina so it doesn't look totally unfinished any more. (Just a lil unfinished Wul. :p)

The wee lights that light up the centre console are really cool. The ones you cannie see where the light is coming from until you put your hand under them. They amuse me. The puddle lights in the doors are also pretty cool.

The DSC sucks for nippy starts from the lights though and it's pretty unnerving when you think "I'll make it ound that corner in plenty of time if I get a buzz on" and then it just kills all power!

My lights also don't stay on for a lil while anymore when you turn the ignition off before the lights and the auto lights put the sides on even in bright sunlight! I think these can be adjusted by the dealer though...Iain?

So is the auto light feature for side lights only:question: I thought it would have put the dip beam on also.

Dose it also work in conjunction with the wipers i.e. if your wipers are on continuous for more than 2 mins the lights come on.

Do they come on if you go over a certain miles per hour like say 80 mph.

Big Col
21st January 2005, 06:21 PM
The auto lights put the dip beam on too. They put on the sides if it's a bit dim and then the dips too if it's dark. My sides come on in direct sun though 'cos they aint set up quite right.

They don't work in conjunction with the wipers and I don't think they come on above 80mph but I wouldn't know as I never do speeds like that officer.

Mini Me
22nd January 2005, 04:35 AM

Col ,they have changed the follow you home function,can't check on my own car cos iv'e got a 530 thingy the noo:dead:,but i think you will find that when you put your egnition off,pull the light lever back(as if to flash)and then they will stay on;)
If that doesn't work i'll be buggered if i know<dindn't read the handbook,eh>;)

Big Col
7th February 2005, 04:05 AM
I don't really have anything to say in here... just wanted the thread with pics of my motor to be back on the active topics list! :D

Astrohaggis
7th February 2005, 11:02 AM
Now THAT is a smart Mini! Very nice! :D

Now we need pics of the interior... now now now... pics pics pics... :p

Big Col
7th February 2005, 04:37 PM
I keep meaning to do that and forgetting. The Anthracite interiour is very cool! I'll try and remember to do that. :)

X30YES
7th February 2005, 09:18 PM
Nice looking motor BC .....Tints next ? :Dhttp://community.webshots.com/album/250313763VFtZMb now added here